Match Day 6 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Match Day 6 will be opened once all the matches from Match Day 5 are played.
AND IT'S OPEN, GAME ON!

J-Reedy

OK, Hakos, time for your beat-up necros to meet my upbeat gals. Here are my OK starting times (all times CEST/GMT+2) for the week:
- Tuesday 17-20
- Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Saturday 10-22
- Sunday probly OK until 20. Will let you know later if nescessary.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Barmution

Hi Equilibri!

If you catch this message in time I'm availabe to play tonight starting from 20.00 to 22.00.

Else my week pretty much looks like last week, except for Monday, so these are my start times:
Tuesday-Thursday: 20.00 - 21.00
Fri-Sun: Unsure so far. Could probably do an early game on Sunday (11.00 to 13.00).

All times are GMT+2/CEST, which should be Swedish time too.
Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on July 07, 2013, 04:39:42 PM
Hi Equilibri!

If you catch this message in time I'm availabe to play tonight starting from 20.00 to 22.00.

Else my week pretty much looks like last week, except for Monday, so these are my start times:
Tuesday-Thursday: 20.00 - 21.00
Fri-Sun: Unsure so far. Could probably do an early game on Sunday (11.00 to 13.00).

All times are GMT+2/CEST, which should be Swedish time too.
Cheers!
-Barm

Hi! I can play if we start 20:00 tonight! Getting up early tomorrow, so I need to sleep... :D

Barmution

Quote from: equilibri on July 07, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
Hi! I can play if we start 20:00 tonight! Getting up early tomorrow, so I need to sleep... :D
Awesome! See you at 20:00, then :)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on July 07, 2013, 07:21:41 PM
Quote from: equilibri on July 07, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
Awesome! See you at 20:00, then :)

-Barm

Perfect!

Lars

johoohno when can you play i can play
Monday from 19
Tuesday from 19
and Thursday from 19

/Lars

Barmution

...and another close victory for the Dorfs everyone loves to hate:

Equilibri did a great job at getting the most out of his team, making me struggle for every inch I gained even when he was severely outnumbered. In the second half an archmage of a wizard took down 3/3 targets, hurting off a dorf in the process, and Equilibri had a real shot at getting a defensive touchdown... if it hadn't been for a snake eye dodge to get to the ball. Then it was back to the old grinding business and in turn 14 the winning touchdown was scored, when Equi managed to pressure me even being 4 players down (damn elven agility). Equi burned his last RR on a deep pick-up in turn 15 and decided to just farm a pass after failing to break through the dorf line.

This means that my last league match this season is over as next week sees me up against Bantha's filler gobbos. Have a nice rest of the season and I'll catch you in the play-offs, guys!
-Barm

johoohno

Quote from: Lars on July 07, 2013, 09:03:50 PM
Monday from 19
Tuesday from 19
and Thursday from 19

/Lars

Hi! I'll be away this week and won't be able to play until Sunday. Does 20:30 on Sunday work for you?

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 07, 2013, 04:10:34 PM
OK, Hakos, time for your beat-up necros to meet my upbeat gals. Here are my OK starting times (all times CEST/GMT+2) for the week:
- Tuesday 17-20
- Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Saturday 10-22
- Sunday probly OK until 20. Will let you know later if nescessary.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Still working this week but friday is the last day. What better way to start the vacation than a BB match on saturday? I can probably play any time on the day, but to say something, how about 14:00 on saturday?

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on July 08, 2013, 12:36:17 PM
Still working this week but friday is the last day. What better way to start the vacation than a BB match on saturday? I can probably play any time on the day, but to say something, how about 14:00 on saturday?

That sounds like a plan. So Saturday @ 14.00 it is.

Lars

Quote from: johoohno on July 08, 2013, 12:22:28 AM
Monday from 19
Tuesday from 19
and Thursday from 19

/Lars

Hi! I'll be away this week and won't be able to play until Sunday. Does 20:30 on Sunday work for you?

I will try to get to a internet connection at the sugested time if but If i'm not online at that time we have to take it in the begining of next week

/Lars

hakos

Another match played, and another Pyrrhus victory for me.

But maybe I should not be that surprised, as normal in my games, the amazons did a massive amount of more blocks and knocked me down, than I did.

I started as the receiver and used the trusty, you go that way and I go the other way, routine to get through his defence and score 1-0 in turn 4.

So he got 4 turns to score the equalizer but did'nt manage to get through my dsiciplined defense. I even managed to get the ball in the last turn and score one extra passing point.

Second half and the amazons start on the offensive. After some initial quarrels around the LOS, he manage to get his star catcher through my defence along one border. He only needs to do one GFI to score but realizes that I will get 5 turns to score the winning point. So Lana Kreuk surprises everyone then she makes a Blitz back into the crowd again instead of scoring. Seems he was much more confident of me scoring than I was... It could also be that at this point of time he had succeeded very well in removing almost all my best players from the field. Badly hurt, pushed off, dead ghoul, etc, so he probably felt certain that he could keep the ball and score later.

But he didn't count with my lone wolf. Who really became the star at the end of the match. I had almost only zombies, flesh golems, a ghoul and Xie Xie. My slow players generally tried to just be in his way as much as possible while my wolf did some hit and run tactics. Got the ball loose and after some almost impossible dodges by my ghoul managed to bounce it via 5 players into my Wights hand. After some Amazing moves the amazons knocked my Wight unconcious, got the ball again and ran into one turn from scoring. Then my wolf striked, again, and got the ball loose for a second time. This time he managed to pick up the ball himself and move out of range of the amazons. Next turn he managed a stunning 4+ throw to a zombie at the LOS, who to everyones surprise, managed to Catch it and run deep into his half. Almost, but not completely, out of his range.

Turn 15, he strikes down the zombie, but cannot pick up the ball, he prepares for a Classic knock down/pick-up/handover/throw to score. I try to just be in the way.

Turn 16. He manages to do everything except the final catch, pheew. I do some random hitting to finish the match and then my new flesh golem manages to kill a guard line woman as the last thing happening in the match.

All in all, quite an intense match, especially the second half, which saw many extraordinary plays and two Deaths.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Very nice and accurate match report, Hakos! I should've scored the draw when I had the chance (although I remember it being 2 gfis, but I'm not sure about that). However, I mistakenly thought that with all your agility players down or out except for one wolf and one ghoul lying on the sideline guarded by one tackler would be enough to get me couple of turns of delay. After all, if your ghould wouldn't have gotten to give the support for wolf it would've been under-strength block. But that's when Nuffle dropped in with some positive luck for both of us: first giving you nice dodges and bounces, then in turn giving me an incredible turn of knock-downs and injuries against you, then came your zombie catch and finally my zombie take-down and ball convoy.

One good thing about this is that the match between me and Lasseman's Chaos will be an all important playoffs decider so there will be excitement 'till the last round!

Lars

Quote from: Lars on July 11, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
Quote from: johoohno on July 08, 2013, 12:22:28 AM
Monday from 19
Tuesday from 19
and Thursday from 19

/Lars

I will try to get to a internet connection at the sugested time if but If i'm not online at that time we have to take it in the begining of next week

/Lars

can we pospne the match to 22:00?

/Lars