Match Day 7 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, June 03, 2013, 03:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Grattis Equilibri, nice to see you win a match.

Johnooo, hope you stay on for another season. I had fun playing against you, even if I lost

/Hakos

hakos

Final match played for me, or is it? Since I won 2-0 I actually have a small chance ending up as second. Will be looking for the result of the final game of amazons vs chaos very carefully...

The match started with both of us playing very carefully. I received the ball, formed a good cage and when advanced forward one square per turn. Meanwhile, the woodies refused to fight and just dodged away and formed a new defense line one square back.

In turn four, he finally failed with something (2D block) and I saw the chance to open up a hole in his line. Took it and started to move through. Too late I realized I couldn't form a good defense. This was what he had waited for. His wardancer leaped in, knocked the ball loose, another elf picked it up and before I could say some bad words the ball was halfways down my side.

Resigned to my fate I started to knock down his guys and at the end send down my str 4 ghoul to try a 1D block against the ball carrier. It failed, only pushed him one square closer to a TD. Kvasilad, for good reasons, thought the goal was more or less secured. He only needed one dodge to score but decided to both get rid of my ghoul and make sure his elf could just run in for the TD. However, to our big surprise he failed. I got another chance to get the ball and actually managed to get it loose. He still had a really good chance and next turn he knocked down my ghoul but the ball bounced into the hands of my other ghoul. Next turn, I could dodge away, throw the ball to my wolf and in the absolut last turn for me, managed to score 1-0. Wow, that was an unexpected chain of events.

KVasilad got one turn to score but misclicked and tried to pick up with the wrong guy, and even failed with that. Thus ended the first half.

Second half, I put up a thin defense and he just run through with his wardancer and the ball in the middle. However, his next guy failed to run through so the wardancer was alone. I moved in and surrounded the dancer with enough guys to make sure my tackle wolf got a 3D block on him. It succeeded, and I even knocked out his wardancer, but I failed to pick up the ball. He got down with some more elves to get it back and it ended up with his second war dancer. Now with some protection. But not enough, I could reach him with my ghoul and knock out his second dancer. He started his next turn by lettting his his tree block a poor zombie. But 4 both downs later this match was over. He was outpositioned, outnumbered and could only watch while I picked up the ball with my new ghoul, Dao 2.0, who then ran all the way from two squares from my TD zone to his TD zone to score 2-0 in turn 16. Although, I could have scored in turn 14, but decided to just wait it out a bit.

Thanks for the match Kvasilad, as always a lot of strange things happened. Even though the dices were only marginally more on my side, statistically, I must say that I got the right result when needed, and you didn't.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Lars, if you see this, my game crashed. I'm in the chat, if you're okay with it, we'll go with the admin win as it was clear you would've won.

Lars

yhea handle it as a dmin win but how about the bbmangager? i was only plnaing to do one more blitz when u crashed could have leveld a CW for me.

/Lars

Lars

A close match where the chos team where not in favour of nuffle a lot of mised blocks and the dodge skill payed off well but with a luckie block late in match when the amazons where about to score pushed the ball out of the field and it droped right in the hands of a beastman on the right side of the field this lead to the only true goal in the match.

/Lars

J-Reedy

Yep, it was an exciting game that was decided by the crowd that threw the ball the game where none of my gals where near. I'm not bothered about that, that's Nuffle for you. But unfortunately the game crashed on me on final turn when Lars had secured the victory by knocking down my only player that had a chance to score an equalizer. My fault totally, I simply forgot that special characters in chat may sometimes crash the game and used a percent character. Luckily the crash had no effect as Lars would've won anyway and the extra TD had no effect on the standings. But I'm still buggered about crash as it was totally my fault and could've been avoided if my fingers weren't faster than my brains.

Barmution and Hakos will be playing in the finals. Looks like the league has been set up as a grand-slam. So I think Barm and Hakos must play in some other league. Mr B can probably set this up?

I'm putting up a sign up & discussion thread for the season 12 later.

hakos

<post moved>