Started by J-Reedy, July 18, 2013, 08:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Frosted Flakes of Khorne have applied, ready to get humiliated for 8 games :D

equilibri

Mr B

hakos

J-Reedy

As Lars mentioned in his sign-up he is currently on vacation (I think this is his second week of three). I'm guessing he's away somewhere without Internet, so we'll have to wait with the start a week or so to get an 8 player league.

I'll try to come up with new team this weekend. I was thinking about halflings, but as great minds seem to think alike, so was somebody else and I'll pick another race. Currently the strongest candidates are lizardmen without sauruses or goblins.

As to the season structure, it seems that we'll be going with B or C. I'll take closer look at the opions this weekend and sketch up some kind of bylaws for our league structure.

J-Reedy

Goblin team Binky and the Pain has joined in. As an official representitive of the team, I'd like to announce that due to team's history, our players considers halflings as their main opponents this season. Curse on mr. Hoggins!

J-Reedy

Looking at the opinions about the season structure, it seems that there were two definitine yeays for B, one definite yeay for C, two mildly in favor of C and one mildly in favor of B. So how about the following arrangement:

- You can only play with teams that have played only in NUL sanctioned leagues or with new teams.
- We'll play in series of three seasons.
x In the 1/3 season the highest TV team that you can play is 1300.
x In the 2/3 season the highest TV team that you can play is 1600 (or the TV of the team with the highest TV from season 1/3 if that is higher than 1600).
x In the 3/3 season you can play any TV value teams.
- Allowances can be made to TV limits in cases of minor over-values. This is only however if ALL the coaches playing in the season agree to this. If anybody objects to a team with minor TV over-value, he/she can object either publicly or anonymously (with a PM to admin, that is either J-Reedy, Mr. B or Golden Arrow). If that is done, the team with over-value must lower it's TV or coach must choose another team.
- True TV is decided as follows:
x If you have 11 players or more in your team, your TV is that shown in the game with the exception that the value of the injured players is also calculated into TV. So if you have 11 players OK and 1 miss next player with a value of 100K, and your TV (without the injured player) is shown as 1300, your actual TV is 1400 (because the injured player's value is taken into account). [Maybe the following rule also?: You can play the first match with the injured player in roster, but after the first match you must sack either the injured player or lower your TV some other way by the amount that your TV was over the limit with the injured player's value counted in. Example: Limit is 1300. You have 11 players OK, 1 mng player with value of 50, your TV without the injured player is 1280 (so your true TV 1330 - over the limit). You don't want sack any OK players to take the true TV down to 1300 because that would mean you'd have to hire a freebooter for the game. So you can play the first match but after that one you'll have to lower the TV value by 30.]
x If you have less than 11 players, your TV is that shown in the game + value of the additional linemen that will be freebooted into your team to take your player count to 11. So if you 9 players OK and no other players, the basic cost of your linemen is 70K and your TV is shown as 1200, your true TV is 1340 (because the value of the 2 loner linemen that are automatically recruited into your team at the start of the match).
- You are only allowed to lower your TV by getting rid of rerolls, assistant coaches, cheerleaders and apothecary or by sacking players with SPP and replacing them with rookie players.

All right, opinions on those rules? I'd like to hear opinions especially on the TV limit numbers, the 1300/1600 are only shots from the hip, I haven't given them any closer consideration.

We could also maybe create a "prep-league" for the seasons 2&3/3. That would work like so: If anybody wants to join the 2nd or 3rd season of a series, they are allowed to play practice matches with other new teams in this prep-league (that would a challenge-based closed league, maybe with "no deaths" rule). Number of matches that new team can play in prep-league is limited (maybe to 2 or 3?) and after team has played in actual NUL league, it can't play in the prep-league. Teams that have played in the prep-league can't join season 1 of the series.

PS. I've PM'd Lars that we'll start the season 12 as soon as he joins in.

equilibri

I think the structure looks very good!
Specially like the "between seasons"-idea to train new teams!

Good work, J-Reedy!

Really eager to get started!

Barmution

Good work on the ruleset, J-R!

1300 and 1600 seems fair at a glance but there's always the option to revise that number if experience tells us to.

And for your gobbos: Bring it on, bitches! We'll get in your grill and then we'll use it to prepare some delicious meals. That's supposed to be a threat, FYI. We're not very good at threats.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Rules look good to me. Go for it!

Like the idea of a prep-league.

I would perhaps like to set the TV to 1200 for season 1. Personally I think the TV differences matters the most in the beginning for new teams. Therefore I would prefer 1200 there. 1600 for season 2 seems fine. But 1300 will work as well.

/Hakos

tags

I also think 1300 is a tad high if we want to encourage fresh teams. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Lars

Hi back from vacation  have signed up with a dwarf team.

/Lars

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on August 09, 2013, 09:25:23 AM
Hi back from vacation  have signed up with a dwarf team.

/Lars
Cool, accepted!
There are 8 Teams now BTW  8)

And so now how do you want the setup?
Right now it's Cup - 8 Teams - and internal Cup *no round robin* for 2 teams.

But I think we want a GrandSlam with 8 teams in 1 division with One round robin and followed up with a Cup for 2 teams.
Normally means #1 and #2 from GrandSlam fight off for the Trophy.

If you just want a normal Round Robin round without the Final Cup for x-Teams I suggest a Championship version instead.
Just so no one fire it off without knowing the setup.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on August 09, 2013, 10:58:56 AM
But I think we want a GrandSlam with 8 teams in 1 division with One round robin and followed up with a Cup for 2 teams.
Normally means #1 and #2 from GrandSlam fight off for the Trophy.

This!

Didn't we discuss and agree on this already?

Mr B

Hmm, Cup is the correct choice here as it seams.

7 games followed by One game as a Cup.

GrandSlam is games what we had before 7 game followed by 7 games and a Cup one game.
I.E not wanted.

Cheers!
/B