Match day... FINALS!

Started by J-Reedy, July 18, 2013, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

So the NUL Season 12 Champion will be either short bearded buggers who have fly around the field chaotically or mix of boney and furry fellows who are only held up by the will of their coach. I'm of course talking about Barmution's Mad Science Fair, fairly scientific Chaos Dwarf team, and Hakos'es Opa Gangnam Style, quite stylistic Nercomantic gang.

I'm still not sure where the match will be played as I'm lacking in experience of setting up the leagues. Mr. B. will probably tell us more about that one. But good luck for both of the teams! May you both bash your opponents into ground so that rest of don't have to worry your teams in future seasons ;)

hakos

WoW, never thought I would end up 2nd after starting out with 2 losses and 1 draw. Well done Lars to win the last match   ;D

By the way, how is the tiebreaker between me and Lasseman decided? We have same points and we drawed in our match? Is it +- goals? or something else?

However, I fear the final will be tough. So far I have met Barmution 6 times and never won. The record between these final teams are 3 losses and 1 draw for me.

Therefore, I will happily listen to all advice you have about how to beat a TV 2060 chaos dwarf team, and all suggestions about what inducements (diff ~360) to get...

/hakos

Mr B

Goals.. more TD's > less TD's

Hakos claims the second spot, Gratz!

Mr B

Alright... Final is a Go!

Barmutin vs Hakos, Game on schedule here so others can tune in to see the game alive!!!
Thanks...

All others, do not play your first Cup game... Thanks!
/B

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on July 18, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
However, I fear the final will be tough. So far I have met Barmution 6 times and never won. The record between these final teams are 3 losses and 1 draw for me.

Therefore, I will happily listen to all advice you have about how to beat a TV 2060 chaos dwarf team, and all suggestions about what inducements (diff ~360) to get...
/hakos

Looks like I've also faced Barm 6 times and I've only managed to win him once and drawn twice so I may not be the most qualified to give advice. Barm's a cool fair play guy, so he'll may give your some advice. But anyway, here are my thoughts.
First advice: protect your agility guys. All undead teams are prone to losing undead guys which makes ball handling harder. On the other hand, Barm has the same problem but he has managed to get the ball to his Centaurs quite often.
Don't mind the dwarfs. Your two two teams are actually quite similar, zombies/dwarfs are fodder that should be used to tie down opposing players while 'taus/wolfs/wights make precision blitzes. You have the advantage with the claws so you have better chance of hurting the biggies. I'd try to make blitzes with wolfs and then run them to cover after blitz because they should be Barm's primary targets.
I'd avoid putting golems to scrimmage line on defence because the buggering dwarfs with their guard can overpower them and tie them down. Better to use zombies for that, that's what they are for. Golems could be used on or at the edges of center zones where they can blitz centaurs that wonder onto your side. With the guard ghoul assisting and golem blitzin you should get two dice blitzes quite easily. As to the scrimmage line, I might consider buying your roster full with 2 zombies, that would still leave 300 for inducements and you'd have more fodder. Even with regeneration half of you regs should fail and those dwarfs are good at racking up casualties. With 300 inducements, wizard + babe definately. The remaining 100 - maybe to bribe, although the game with dwarfs usually ends up in tossle where you don't get enough players to assist in a foul to guarantee an armor break. Igor would be defensive choise, as you're playing for win I'd go for bribe or reroll. With 360, wizard definately bribe + 2 babes or reroll/another bribe.

One more thing. With bashers, the team that manages to get more of the opposing players out will usually win. So if you get a chance, go for the low armor hogoblins. But don't spend blitzes on them. But moving block zombie on the skin of hogobo should be adviced. One zombie on lonely opposing player should take out two players on his next turn if he wants to get a two die block by moving in an assist.

That's it really. In my opinion, if the coaches and teams are at even level, in the end the match will be decided by the dice. So pray to the your deity of choice :)

To be fair, I'll offer some advice also to Barm, adapted for the dwarfs. Here goes: Hit anything that doesn't have a beard and moves. If they don't move, hit them anyway just to be sure. If they stop moving, hit them again just to be sure. If they aren't moving and lie still on the ground, hit them the hardest.

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 19, 2013, 08:16:21 AMTo be fair, I'll offer some advice also to Barm, adapted for the dwarfs. Here goes: Hit anything that doesn't have a beard and moves. If they don't move, hit them anyway just to be sure. If they stop moving, hit them again just to be sure. If they aren't moving and lie still on the ground, hit them the hardest.
Incidently that is how I've been playing them all the time ;D

Alright, H-man, gratz with a great season, I always like to see Necro doing well! Let's get some start times rolling (all GMT+2/CEST as usual):
Tonight (Friday): 20.00-22.00
Saturday: 18.00-22.00
Sunday: 11.00-13.00
After that I could probably do just about anytime given due warning since I'm (finally!) starting my vacation, whee!

Cheers!
-The Barmster
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on July 19, 2013, 08:34:12 AM
Alright, H-man, gratz with a great season, I always like to see Necro doing well! Let's get some start times rolling (all GMT+2/CEST as usual):
Tonight (Friday): 20.00-22.00
Saturday: 18.00-22.00
Sunday: 11.00-13.00
After that I could probably do just about anytime given due warning since I'm (finally!) starting my vacation, whee!

Cheers!
-The Barmster

Saturday at 18:00 would be fine.

Thanks for advice J-Reedy, much appreciated. Last time against these strange dwarf I got an Igor and was happy with that. However, this will be my last match with this team, and it is a final, so no defensive choices here.  ;D

/Hakos

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on July 19, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
Alright... Final is a Go!

Barmutin vs Hakos, Game on schedule here so others can tune in to see the game alive!!!
Thanks...

All others, do not play your first Cup game... Thanks!
/B

How do you do to see a match live???

(I will not use the word alive since there are not many living players on the field)

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on July 19, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

(I will not use the word alive since there are not many living players on the field)

There's a spectator mode in the Chaos Edition where you can watch any games live that being played on the servers. There's an additional menu choise at some point, can't recall exactly now and my work computer doesn't have the Chaos Ed so I can't check it now.

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 19, 2013, 09:43:20 AM

There's a spectator mode in the Chaos Edition where you can watch any games live that being played on the servers. There's an additional menu choise at some point, can't recall exactly now and my work computer doesn't have the Chaos Ed so I can't check it now.

Ah, I see (or not), seems I really should get chaos edition then.

/H

Barmution

First click "Community" and then "Live". That will give you a list of matches currently being played or recently finished.

-B
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on July 19, 2013, 09:25:33 AM
Saturday at 18:00 would be fine.

Thanks for advice J-Reedy, much appreciated. Last time against these strange dwarf I got an Igor and was happy with that. However, this will be my last match with this team, and it is a final, so no defensive choices here.  ;D

/Hakos
Cool, see you then!

It's a date, a date with density... er, wait...
-Barm

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on July 19, 2013, 09:48:45 AM

Ah, I see (or not), seems I really should get chaos edition then.

/H
Euhm.. This works for Legendary edition also...
No need to get Chaos due to this.

Just tap, "Community" bar and check "Live" tab, and there you go.

;D

Barmution

The finals are played... all hail the new champs, OPA GANGNAM STYLE!  ;D

Losing 2 dorfs off the pitch in turn 1 was only the start of a rather uphill battle for the Fair as Nuffle finally saw fit to punish them for their way too successful season.

Congratulations to Hakos who came victorious out of a tough match where we were seriously wondering if Nuffle just wanted to kill off both teams.

Being thoroughly done with ChD for a while now, I'm looking forward to getting smashed as 'flings next season. Whee!
-Barm

tags

Wow, congratulations Hakos on a victorious season despite a rough start! I have to admit I was pretty sure the erratic short people were going to steal this one.