Match day... FINALS!

Started by J-Reedy, July 18, 2013, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

T1: It is a high kick, and the hobgoblin catches it. The dwarfs are quickly building a cage and are then going on the offensive. A wight is knocked down by a centaur. Four players are gathering around the downed wight and a goblin, well known for his ability to hurt players laying down, bends down and pushes a knife into the wight who promptly dies. Ahh, seems the referee saw it as well and the hobgoblin is sent off. [Players: 10-10]. And now the necro teams get really angry. Look at the mindless skill utilized by the zombie then he KO's a dwarf. And the other wigth does not want to be worse, he quickly hurts Another dwarf, badly. [Players: 10-8]. Wow, what a start, 4 players off the pitch in the first minute.

T2: The dwarfen cage moves forward, a golem that is in the way is stunned for his insolence. Oh, look at this, seems the Cage was missing some corners. The star player Nekkbrekkerh hired by the necrotic coach, moves in, nicely dodging a centaur, he really goes for it, twice and knocks the ball loose. And look at that teamwork, a wolf is moving in from another direction and snatches up the ball.

T3: The minotaur sees a zombie having some red blood on him and goes berserk. Poor zombie, can't be easy to continue the match with only one leg, and yes, he is carried away, badly hurt. The Centaur does not wish to be worse than his bull cousin and knocks down the wolf, gets the ball loose. And his brother, scrapes his hooves against the ground,  gain some speed, and there he bumps into a poor ghoul who his KO'ed. [Players: 8-8]. Here comes the Golem and makes a likewise KO on a dwarf. I heard a rumor that a mysterious black shadow was seen in the scientist armory last night, I wonder if this can have something to do with the apparent lack of protection in the dwarfen armor? [Players: 8-7]

T4:  The goblin sneaks in close to Nekbrekkekh, kicks him in the knee, and down he goes. KO. [The damn star player never got back after this]. [Players 7-7]. And the goblin mananges to pick up the ball as well, not bad for a little goblin. On the other hand, seems the mad fair should not relax too early, what a blow that golem landed on the head of the dwarf. He is actually lying very still. Oh no, the referee makes the signal for a dead dwarf. [Players: 7-6]

T5: But the science fair uses the dwarfs sacrifice to their advantage and brings the ball into the necro half of the field. And two guardians are watching over the ball caring goblin. Looks like the necros are very much out of position now, what will they do? Of course, the wolf dodges aways, goes for it and knocks the ball loose, but wait, I thought that wold had a broken neck? Severely lowering his agility? Well couldn't see that now. Aaand here comes the fireball and it takes down the two guardians. Looks like almost the entire dwarf team is down now.

T6: One of the centaurs tries to stand up and get away, but falls down. What a chance for the necros. Only two enemies are standing up now. A wight stun one of the dwarves, now he has only one standing player. A wolf takes up the ball and a defensive wall is quickly built up around him.

T7: Those centaurs sure knows how to move around, despite being down they manages to move 5 and 6 steps each, and one of them even pushes the wolf with a ball around a little. But the wolf ignores it, moves 10 steps and is only 3 steps from scoring. The wight is moving after to watch his back but stumbles over a centaur leg. The wolf is unguarded and one centaur is already rushing towards him.

T8: The centaur connects with the wolf who falls down but the wolf only needs to stand up, dodge, pick up the ball again to score. Now it is exciting can he do it? NO, he stumbles on a centaur leg again. No goal in this half, but plenty of bloodshed.

---------------

T9:  And here comes the audience [Pitch Invasion]. Who will they attack? Of course, both sides, but mostly the dwarves, 3 dwarves and one centaur is down, compared to only one zombie on the other side. Maybe they are not happy with their teams ability this match? But it could also be caused by the mad scientist coach, rumor has it that he slept with Nuffles wife, and Nuffle found out today. The ball is kicke far into the necro half, a ghoul picks it up, ran forward and hands it over to a wolf. Who quickly runs to the right side, close to the LOS. Some other necro guys builds up a protective wall and second wolf runs deep into the right side and half. Within striking distance, seems the necro wants to utilize the situation and score quickly. The minotaur is quick to recover from this initial shock and puts his horns into the stomach of a wight that quickly dies [14 on the injury dices, +1 for MB, +1 for niggling injury]. But it seems the coach can do some black magic and call him back to his half life again. The rest of the dwarf team wuickly moves to the right side to make a good defense there.

T10: Oh, looks like the necros were prepared for this, they immediately turns to the left flank and builds up a nice cage some squares into the necro half. The dwarf, goblins and centaurs struggles to keep up and move back. Only two of them are able to even get close. Seems the necro is the faster team here.

T11: The necros are playing with confidence now, the wolf with the ball moves on, just 3 steps from scoring now. One ghoul is following him and acts a bodyguard. The rest are going one on one with the other team. And we all know that happens then a golem and dawrf meet, don't we? Thats right, the dwarf is KO'ed. The centauar is able to reach the wolf but not more.

T12: The weak ghoul irritates the centaur, while the strong ghoul prepares to strik, and he is able to push away the centaur. The wolf can easily score. 1-0 to the OPA GANGNAM STYLE, and look at that dance they are doing, they are really happy now.

---------------

Blitz! What the fuck, the defence is moving before the offence. Is that even allowed? Oh well, nothing happens so referee let it be. A hobgoblin picks up the ball. The rest of his team is spread, one blitz is done but otherwiese the teams are watching each other.

T13: Seems the necros are just waiting. One blitz and then they just stand still in their wide spread defense. The science guys decide it is time for dissection and the moves forward into close contact with almost everyone in the necro team.

T14: And now the necro's move to action. One zombie and one ghoul even manages to get close enough to mark down the ball carrying goblin.  That's a surprise, the darfes usually have a very tight cages but not today. But what puffing, pushing and hugging that happens down on the field now. It is hard to see what it is happening. it is all just one big mass of players. And the minotaur is just as confused as me and does nothing.

T15: And finally a zombie gets a chance to hit a goblin. The goblin that carries the ball to be exact. Yes, I can see the ball, it is laying on the grass, with 8 players surrounding it. Four from each team, who will get to it first? The kicking, biting, scratching and whatever else they are doing continues, I can not really see what is happening. But, wait, there a ball lands in the hands of a goblin after moving around 5 or 6 players. The goblin realizes that everyone will hit on him now, so he quickly runs away and hands over the ball to the centaur. But the centaur does not want it either and to the golbins big surprise he gets it back.

T16: Seems most of the necro team is down now. They should know better than going into a group fight with those dwarfes, they are really good at guarding each others back. The referee looks at his watch and the scientist makes one last try for the goal to try to get into overtime. The goblin runs forward and reaches the other centaur and gives him the ball. But what, seems this centaur does not want the ball either so he promptly bounces it to a dwarf standing next to him. Too bad that dwarf can't move more in this match. In frustration the science guys hits out at everything they see. One zombie is badly hurt and the rest of the necro team is cut down. And there is the end game signal. I guess the necro's are quite happy now. Only one zombie is still standing up for them.

Mr B

Nice write up and Gratz!
I still think I need to see this one with my own Eyz, thank god for BB-M.

Cheers!
/B

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

WoW, what a match, it really felt like a final match, nothing was hold back. What a carnage, especially in the first half.

I must say that I got really lucky with the armor and injury dices today. And that pitch invasion, must have got really lucky there as well with 3 in fame difference, to my disadvantage. And the fireball worked this time again.

All in all, I can understand that Barm was not that happy today. Although, even if I was lucky, for once I felt that I played rather well also. Definitely did less mistakes than usual. Took some time, but I think I at least start to understand how to play a necro team now.

Thanks for a great final game Barmution, and thanks to all the rest for a nice season. See you in the next season, but this time I will probably play some pro-elfs. The Opa Gangnam Style can move back to the east and get some well earned rest.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Congrats Hakos! Nice to have a new champion!

Very nice report also. Well, guess I'll have to put up the name of the latest champion up there at that crawler.

Update: It's up there, Opa Gangnam Style in the hall of champions!