Match Day 3 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, August 11, 2013, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on August 31, 2013, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 30, 2013, 09:52:34 AM
Luiggi, I can play today basically any time during the evening (1800+).

Failing that, it looks like it's Tuesday at the earliest for me.

Hey there, I've been busy these days, sorry for not replying. Tuesday works for me, anytime between 16.00 and 20.00 gmt +2 is good to kick-off.

Great, let's say 1900 then. Let's see if I can chase down those rats :D

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on September 01, 2013, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on August 31, 2013, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 30, 2013, 09:52:34 AM
Luiggi, I can play today basically any time during the evening (1800+).

Failing that, it looks like it's Tuesday at the earliest for me.

Hey there, I've been busy these days, sorry for not replying. Tuesday works for me, anytime between 16.00 and 20.00 gmt +2 is good to kick-off.

Great, let's say 1900 then. Let's see if I can chase down those rats :D

Deal, see you tomorrow.

equilibri

Well, Nuffle didnt like the flings in this game (i think he has a thing about hairy feet) so the dark elves could run around tossing the ball and playing their kind of game without problem.

It all started with a Halfling Chef that didn't manage to take any (!) reroll from the elves.
Then a very strong person in the crowd (somebody said it was Morg himself) threw a big chunk of rock on Deeproot so he passed out for a turn...
The first TD for Seahawks was then a walk in the park.

First try from the flings to "fling" a fling... sounds insane when I read it... went down bad and the elves got the ball instead.
1 turn later the second TD was a fact.

Second try to throw (not fling, was to weird...) a fling also failed, and now the elves was positioned so they could do a handoff and a pass to score a third time.

The elves started second half with a few less rerolls and a Blitz against them, but that didn't matter... The Witch Elf made a good breakthrough, and not even a lightning bolt could stop her, so that was the 4:th TD for the "good ones".

Then at last, in the final turns of the match, one halfling remembered how to land (not on his head, but on his hairy feet... with the ball...) so on the last turn the flings got a TD.

Well, not the most even game I played, but I skilled 4 players so I really cant complain... And yeah, it was a really good opponent that even in the worst of turns really did his best to hide his feelings!

Thanx for the game, Barmution! Hope u turn this tide of bad luck around!

Barmution

Yeah, it was a good game for Da Cook'n'Rollas!

Our two first successful landings so far, an MVP on a Tree and even a TD! All at the small price of a dead 'Fling!

Some days it's good to be a (living) 'Fling!
Thanks for the game, Equi. That TD changed my outlook on this whole affair, although I won't be coaching 'Flings for some time after this season's ordeals :D

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

I'm around already, I'll be working at the computer so if you want to play early just drop me a line, kvasilad.

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on September 03, 2013, 04:20:59 PM
I'm around already, I'll be working at the computer so if you want to play early just drop me a line, kvasilad.

I also happen to be home early, so I'm ready to play right now really :)

Logging and checking occasionally from now on.

tags

Right, so, this happened:

The first few turns were agonizing for me, to say the least. Nothing could get past Nuffle, not even a ball pick-up with my AG4 pit fighter after using a team RR. 3 of my 4 offensive drives ran into a perfect defense.

That said, even after the dice seemed to stabilize, there was nothing I managed to do to stop the rats. I was getting out-positioned and out-played. I needed to take some of them out to play the numbers game, but with my 2D6 chance at -21.00 vs Luiggi's 16.00, that wasn't working out. Not reflected in those stats, of course, are the injury rolls, which were about equally harmless for us both. I did cause one permanent injury, so a linerat is probably facing an early retirement at this point.

D6 luck shows us both with uphill battles as RatDonald's has -7.62, and Flakes with -9.44. I think, though, that much of my bad luck was concentrated early in the game, while Luiggi's bad luck was more constant :D

Anyway, it was a fun game after the first few turns, when the dice were more reasonable, but I don't think there was any way I could have won this without causing a lot of casulties early on. The fact is that even when I felt the dice allowed me to do everything within reason, I just couldn't deal with the speed of RatDonald's.

So.. thanks for the game, here's to more blood in the next match :D

Luiggi

Very good match report, quite accurate. I risked a 2-1 grind by scoring too early on a not so brilliant play (I was forced to do a 3+ 3+ without RR) but then your constant snake eyes gave me a free TD. With 2-0 against, your MA 6 and with 11 rats on the pitch, it's nearly impossible to come back.

I guess sacrificing a Rat Ogre in the second turn of a season against a Halfling works. We'll see how long does it take for Nuffle to take away his blessing.

PS: A linerat is LOS fodder. A linerat with a niggling injury is still LOS fodder. I'm not going to reward his weakness by retiring him unharmed... I'll just let that retirement happen naturally  ;D

J-Reedy

GOBLINS RETURN TO THEIR TRUE FORM!
Well, you may or may not know that the current coach of the goblin team Binky and and the Pain, former long-time coach of the amazon Cougar Kittens, has been under lot of criticism after he guided the goblin team to two successive victories. He was accused of not playing in a true goblin style. Well, after today's match, the criticism may quiet down. The match ended with the pro elf team Dagor Draugs taking a 0-1 victory and the goblin side really showed that they can put it on in da'goblin style. Highlights of the game were two goblin injuries that were caused by their fellow trolls tossing them to the ground too hard. Another true goblin effort saw the mad bombardier of the goblins, mr The Brain, put on a spectacular fireworks show that left him injured on the field. Dodging too was stellar, sending couple of goblins off the field knocked out. The heroic chainsaw wielding Pinky also garnered fame knocking out elfs left and right and also stunning himself twice during the first half.
However, some criticism may still linger, as the goblin side came extremely close to tying the game and they actually dominated the physical side of the game. At the end pro elfs were down to 4 elfs and they needed to make a spectacular double dodging blitz through two goblins to prevent the immenent touchdown. That their brave blitzer did and after he managed to hold on to the ball even with the gobbos blitzing, he became the true hero of the match. We can only hope that the coach of the Binky and the Pain starts adapting the goblin style more regularly and abandons the thoughts of trying to plan anything with the player material he has.

hakos

Not much to say, seems this was a match of mostly failures, for both of us.

My best catcher got -1 MV, most injuries on the goblin side was caused by themselves and the matchstyle was grinding along in cages while both teams tried to be the bashing one.

But there were some fun moments and rewards as well, as the goblin coach have already described.

In general a 1-1 result would have been the fair result, but I really got lucky in my last turn.

/Hakos