Match Day 6 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, August 11, 2013, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: hakos on September 29, 2013, 09:54:54 PM
Final match of the day played. It was almost a boring match with only safe plays and no mistakes until quite late in the match.

It was 1-1 after about 12 turns and I started as the offensive in the third drive so it felt quite good. But after failing 3 simple 2+ rolls in a row, wasting my only RR (he got good use out of his master chef). The ball was open for him to pick up and I had to start with unsafe play and gambling. Got the ball, got it up in his half but did not succeed in building my cage since a dodge failed. He got the ball loose, picked it up with his AG4 guy, throwed, catched and score the winning goal in his last turn.

Oh well, can't complain too much, have had some luck earlier and this match went by with only one injury. So quite happy anyway.

Good game Kvasilad, you waited patiently for your chance, got it and you took it.

/hakos

Thanks for the game, it was a really satisfying win for me. The decision to blow my entire budget on a halfling master chef was really a last-minute impulse, but I felt it payed off big-time in this match (stole 2/3 RRs in both halves). Granted, you finished the first half without using a single RR, but you also accepted two failed dodges where you might otherwise have considered to re-roll.

And of course, in the second half, you had a streak of unlucky 1's, and really needed those RR's, which were gone at that point. I'm really not sure if I would have been better off with, say, wizard+bribe+babes, but I actually don't think so.

BBM stats show a relatively even game dice-wise, but I will concur that you had a concentrated dose of bad luck just when I needed you to. Anyway, that's BB, and I had some pretty bad dice my last match :)