Match Day 5 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, August 11, 2013, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Here we go, here we go, here we go with the week five! Time for all teams do the twisting jive!

J-Reedy

OK, Golden, time to settle once and for all if goblins with shiny rocks on their body are better at Blood Bowl than the vanilla buggers. Here are my OK starting times (GMT+2/CEST):

- Sunday 12-17
- Tuesday 19-21
- Friday 18-21

Hmm, didn't realize my week was going to be that busy. Well, let me know if any of those times suits you, sir. If not, I'll let you know about next week's Saturday & Sunday later (probly on Tuesday).

The Golden Arrow

Sunday evening should probably work. Start at 17.00?

tags

Elves! Not doing great against fast opponents so far. Ok, against any opponents that are not absurdly unlucky, if I'm honest.

Anyway, Sunday morning (not TOO early) should be fine. Failing that, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings should work (from 18-ish), and probably also Friday.

hakos

Ah, time to meet the fearsome halflings.

Unfortunately I will be busy this weekend, tuesday and wednesady next week.

so monday evening or thursday evening or later in the week is available.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on September 13, 2013, 08:23:38 PM
Sunday evening should probably work. Start at 17.00?

That works fine, see you tomorrow at 17!

Luiggi

Hey there, Lasseman. We're up! I have to say it's the first time I see a dwarven team get so beaten up in so few games, they've been seriously cursed! Nonetheless, Block and Tackle are a rat's worst friend, so those mercenaries can still prove useful while the MNGs recover. We'll see what happens.

I can play the following days, GMT +2:

Sunday: 16.00 to 21.00
Monday: 16.00 to 21.00
Tuesday: 20.00 to 21.00
Wednesday: 20.00 to 21.00

Tell me if none of these work and we'll find alternatives :)

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on September 13, 2013, 08:32:57 PM
Elves! Not doing great against fast opponents so far. Ok, against any opponents that are not absurdly unlucky, if I'm honest.

Anyway, Sunday morning (not TOO early) should be fine. Failing that, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings should work (from 18-ish), and probably also Friday.

I think it has to be friday. I am working tomorrow, and I'm booked both tuesday and wednesday... But friday 18:00?

And dont worry bout my elves... They are pretty decimated and always seem to need Loners to help out... :D

tags

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on September 13, 2013, 08:39:41 PM
Ah, time to meet the fearsome halflings.

Unfortunately I will be busy this weekend, tuesday and wednesady next week.

so monday evening or thursday evening or later in the week is available.

/Hakos

I can calm your fears by notifying you that both Trees now have learnt to block, so any damage inflicted from now on will not be accidental.

How about Monday at 19:00 GMT+2?
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Quote from: Luiggi on September 14, 2013, 11:12:41 AM
Hey there, Lasseman. We're up! I have to say it's the first time I see a dwarven team get so beaten up in so few games, they've been seriously cursed! Nonetheless, Block and Tackle are a rat's worst friend, so those mercenaries can still prove useful while the MNGs recover. We'll see what happens.

I can play the following days, GMT +2:

Sunday: 16.00 to 21.00
Monday: 16.00 to 21.00
Tuesday: 20.00 to 21.00
Wednesday: 20.00 to 21.00

Tell me if none of these work and we'll find alternatives :)

we can try to lift the dorf curse sunday 20 GMT +2
or Monday the same time if you don't manage to get the message in time.
/Lars

Luiggi

Sunday (today) at 20.00 is perfect for me, see you in a few hours!

J-Reedy

SHINY GOBLINS BETTER THAN THE MATTE ONES!
This was proved today at the Warpstone Plumbers versus Binky and the Pain match where the souped up warpstoners dominated the plain old goblins. First kickoff started fine for Binkies, chainsaw wrecked havoc and another random casualty gave the Binkies goblin advantage and warpstoners were forced to score fast. Then the Binkies started playing to their true form and managed to lose the ball twice at halfcourt. Hightlight of the game was the awesome goblin bombardier Brain who stunned himself and badly hurt his chainsaw wielding team-mate with a fumble.

Here's the graphical story:

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on September 14, 2013, 07:14:10 PM
How about Monday at 19:00 GMT+2?
-Barm

I'm currently not 100% certain if I can play on monday. Will let you know at the latest during monday afternoon.

/hakos

Luiggi

Ratdonald's tightest victory of the season was completed against the damaged dwarves (690 TV before mercs) in a close 2-1 win where anything could have happened. The rats had the first half while the dwarves had the second.

The dwarves kicked first. A Blitz! allowed the gutter runners to score fast, and the retaliation grind was going very well, until they went too close to the sidelines and a chainpush put the ball off-field... the crowd put it in the middle and a lone stormvermin (yay Ronald!) picked it up and scored. A big blow for the dwarves, but their opposition was running out of rats FAST.

Second half started and the dwarves scored easily after the skaven thrower failed to pick up an easy ball. 2-1 and the kick goes shallow, near the halfway line. A gutter runner tries to dodge away from the LOS and goes snake eyes, giving the dwarves a chance to swarm the ball. But a mercenary blocker rolled double skulls and failed the reroll roll! Now the skaven picked the ball up and tried to let the clock run by running back to their own end-zone. It was 1 thrower and a Gutter runner against a mob of angry dwarves! (there were 2 stormvermin and a linerat as well but they were out of the play).

The dwarves put pressure on the ball, knocking down the thrower and marking the gutter runner. Then a fireball dropped the Gutter Runner and stunned him. (Note: this resulted in a known wizard bug, which happens if you wait too much to use it and the game considers it a turnover because the player lost the ball during his turn. Lars kindly passed his turn, that's a sport!). The thrower tried to dodge and pick the ball up but failed, and the dwarven runner came close to pick it up and score easily. But he got knocked down by the horny gutter runner and the thrower picked the ball up and put it all the way across the field with a scatter launch to seal the deal.

All in all, a fun game with ups and downs. Lars played a solid grind but got unlucky in the end, while both my touchdowns were just godsends. No dwarves were harmed during the match, which is news it seems (only 1 broken armor). Thanks for the game and also for passing the turn (though given the circumstances it would not have mattered if you had kept going cause you didn't exploit the bug on purpose).

By the way, what's with the shiny skaven-goblin wannabes? At this rate MD 7 can be a clash of titans.