Match Day 7 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, August 11, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

hakos

WoW, 24 turns, very even numbers in all aspects, looks like a true final.

Congratulations Luiggi, well played, especially considering that you lost your rat ogre early on in the season.

/Hakos

tags

Well done, looks like it was a good match! Wish I'd had time to spectate.

Luiggi

Thanks all.

Quote from: hakos on October 14, 2013, 11:42:25 AM
WoW, 24 turns, very even numbers in all aspects, looks like a true final.

Congratulations Luiggi, well played, especially considering that you lost your rat ogre early on in the season.

/Hakos

Hehe, I think that might have been the key factor, nothing like a 150k GP worth of sacrifice in the second turn of a season to appease Nuffle and conquer the championship. Who knows, maybe with the Rat Ogre I would have performed worse, Big Guys are unreliable at times... Tell Golden about it: his troll decided to roll 1's in the start of two of my offensive drives, which left the way open for me to invade his backfield and split the defence. Not to mention it had to be him who ended the match with a failed GFI.

Anyway, it was indeed even. Luck swung during the game, from non-stop pows on both sides to double skulls and snake eyes at times. Armor rolls, KOs and injuries have also been pretty even, which contributed to a tight match. Golden made an excellent job at hunting down 2 of my GRs, though it took Deecut 4 or 5 blocks (of which 2 were double skulls) to finally eat that Ratpple Pie in the form of a Gutter Runner. Had he injured them earlier, the outcome would have been a whole different story.

For my part, I focused on the little buggers to gain some numbers advantage, but despite my efforts to remove some goblin annoyances off the pitch, they proved to be quite resilient. Same as my rats, especially considering he had two Mighty Blows while I had none.

Finally, considering how hard it is to play Underworld teams (I never tried them but to me they look like Skaven with no GRs combined with Gobbos with no Secret Weapons), Golden Arrow's performance this season has been spectacular, no doubt about it.

QuoteWell done, looks like it was a good match! Wish I'd had time to spectate.

You can still download the replay in BBM and watch it if you want. At 2x or 4x though, or it'll take you ages :P

The Golden Arrow

Yeah underworld are like skaven without GR and gobbos without SW but you get mutations which almost makes up for it :P