Match Day 6 - OPEN

Started by J-Reedy, August 11, 2013, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

I watched the first 12 turns of your match guys, and I got to agree that there was some crazy shit going on! The first half was played quite solidly by both sides but as the dice turned crap it was solidified by the both of you seemingly losing concentration and not doing the safe stuff before the (somewhat) risky bits, messing up the positioning and failing to see chain-pushes to get vital players loose. Easy to fall prey to that when one gets frustrated with the dice, though. Been there myself and keep visiting every so often... Very entertaining to watch at least  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on September 21, 2013, 01:49:18 AM
Howdy-ho Lars. Time to face your feared tacklers. This weekend is unfortunately already booked but here are my OK starting times (GMT+2/CEST) for next week:

- Tuesday 19-20
- Wednesday 18-21

Friday would be the next available day but I don't know about exact times yet. I'll update that and weekend later if neither of those times suits you, sir.

Thuesday 19:00 will work for me

/Lars

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on September 23, 2013, 09:20:48 AM
I watched the first 12 turns of your match guys, and I got to agree that there was some crazy shit going on! The first half was played quite solidly by both sides but as the dice turned crap it was solidified by the both of you seemingly losing concentration and not doing the safe stuff before the (somewhat) risky bits, messing up the positioning and failing to see chain-pushes to get vital players loose. Easy to fall prey to that when one gets frustrated with the dice, though. Been there myself and keep visiting every so often... Very entertaining to watch at least  ;D

I couldn't have put it better.

If you can, do watch the remaining 4 turns for some more crazy plays (including a resuscitated witch elf and a super play to close a great match).

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on September 23, 2013, 09:51:32 AM
Thuesday 19:00 will work for me
/Lars

OK, see you tomorrow then!

Barmution

Hey Golden!

Want to have a shot at the title? Well, you'll have to get through the Cook'n'Rollas first! (Ok, it's not necessarily as scary as it sounds)

This week I can start at the following times (all GMT+2):
Tue, Thu, Fri: 19.00-21.00
Sat: 17.00
Perhaps Sun: 11.00-13.00 or 21.00

Bring your freaks, I'll bring the food!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Thursday 20.00 should work fine.

I can bring some special glowing ingredients for the food, should turn out fine I think :P

tags

Quote from: hakos on September 21, 2013, 08:48:06 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on September 21, 2013, 08:37:31 AM
Hakos, I should have pretty high availability this weekend. Most times today or tomorrow should be doable.

Failing that, it's probably Wednesday or Thursday from 18 next week.

Aha, time for those strange Khorne.

I have no possibility to play this weekend. Wednesday or thursday evening should be doable though. Let's say wednesday and keep thursday in reserve.

/Hakos

Right, Wednesday at 1800 then?

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on September 23, 2013, 02:08:02 PM
Thursday 20.00 should work fine.

I can bring some special glowing ingredients for the food, should turn out fine I think :P
Cool, see you then!

J-Reedy

SNOW WHITE NOT FOUND - PILE OF GOBLIN BODIES HINDERED THE SEARCH

Yep, the match between Lasseman's dwarfs and my goblins went as expected. There were lots of goblins tackled about and when one of my trollies, the MVP of the match, got seriously ínjured in second turn, the match was practically over then and there. On the lighter side, goblins managed to steal some casualties from the dwarfs, two injuries were caused my failed dodges and one by the second trollie who threw one of the little guys down too hard after trying to eat him. The sole goblin TD was a whopper of a play where trollie first tossed a goblin downfield and then the ball-carrying goblin long-bombed (or whatever is the longest that stunties can throw, can't recall the passing range right now) a nice accurate pass straight deep down from the to the tossed goblin who only needed to walk to the endzone with no dwarfs around.

Very violent affair was this match, so much even that I settled on keeping my downed goblins down on most plays to try to minimize the damage. The tactic clearly succeeded as I had four players to put on the field on the final one turn drive!

Lars

Here are the stats from the game as mentioned before I managed to get rid of a troll early in the game that led to a strenght advantage that was a bit to painful for the gobos.

thanks for a great match the most memorable moment in the match must have been that elfish pass you managed.

/Lars

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on September 23, 2013, 04:49:07 PM
Hakos, I should have pretty high availability this weekend. Most times today or tomorrow should be doable.

I have no possibility to play this weekend. Wednesday or thursday evening should be doable though. Let's say wednesday and keep thursday in reserve.

/Hakos

I would prefer the weekend instead. Is that doable? But I can play today if we have to.

I will check in here again around 17 to see your answer.

/Hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on September 25, 2013, 02:34:44 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on September 23, 2013, 04:49:07 PM

/Hakos

I would prefer the weekend instead. Is that doable? But I can play today if we have to.

I will check in here again around 17 to see your answer.

/Hakos

I can play Saturday, but probably not before the afternoon. Something like 1600 or later I think.

Sunday is maybe doable, going away, but probably ready to play in the evening. Don't know exactly when, but 1800 should be pretty safe.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on September 25, 2013, 03:33:39 PM

I can play Saturday, but probably not before the afternoon. Something like 1600 or later I think.

Sunday is maybe doable, going away, but probably ready to play in the evening. Don't know exactly when, but 1800 should be pretty safe.

Ok, saturday is out then. Sunday 18:00 will work fine.

I can also play today if we start at 20:00. Still at work. Will check in here again then I get home, in about 1 hour.

BR/ Hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on September 25, 2013, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on September 25, 2013, 03:33:39 PM

Ok, saturday is out then. Sunday 18:00 will work fine.

I can also play today if we start at 20:00. Still at work. Will check in here again then I get home, in about 1 hour.

BR/ Hakos

Ok, let's aim for Sunday at 18:00. How does your evening look after that though? Just in case I'm not able to start before 19 or 20... I don't think I'll be that late, but I'm not 100% sure.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on September 25, 2013, 05:45:41 PM
Ok, let's aim for Sunday at 18:00. How does your evening look after that though? Just in case I'm not able to start before 19 or 20... I don't think I'll be that late, but I'm not 100% sure.

On sunday I can play at any time, nothing planned for the entire day, 18, 19, 20, 21 is ok starting times.

/hakos