S13-MD6

Started by Mr B, October 23, 2013, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurgeh

Quote from: kvasilad on November 22, 2013, 08:12:59 AM
Quote from: Gurgeh on November 21, 2013, 07:17:00 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on November 21, 2013, 07:12:01 PM
Oh well, then I think the earliest I can play is Tuesday unfortunately. Unless we can get this started within an hour or so. I'll be on semi-standby.

So will I. And tuesday suits me fine, if that should be the case.

Ok, let's go for Tuesday at 19:00 then?

I guess I should respond to this. ;)

My response is: yes.

Barmution

Material Ghouls win 2-1 over the Warpstone Plumbers:

Golden bravely used both his apoths on BH injuries before doing what I couldn't manage: Killing one of his Blitzers by trying to dodge into a TZ. On one we commisserate the Warpstone Plumbers on their loss and on the other hand we welcome Deecut to the team; we are sure that he'll do well and he'll be needed after the Plumber's forced a vacant spot on the roster by removing a Zombie permanently.

GG, Golden.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Amazingly the elves suffered the same casualties as the last game.
Turn 1: apo a really bad injury (-ST) on a good blitzer.
Turn "something": -ST on another good blitzer on a dodge...
Turn 16: Dead Blitzer...

Cant believe how unlucky I am with the injuries in this team!
Well, at least my Witch Elf survived this time...

Barmution

@Equilibri:
That BBManager thing happens now and again. I've found that restarting BBMan tends to help. Also remember to not start BB again before submitting the match as that clears the replay and you'll have to watch it manually again before the replay file reappears.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on November 25, 2013, 08:45:58 AM
@Equilibri:
That BBManager thing happens now and again. I've found that restarting BBMan tends to help. Also remember to not start BB again before submitting the match as that clears the replay and you'll have to watch it manually again before the replay file reappears.

-Barm

Thanks! Now it worked. Needed to watch the replay again... Not fun to see all those injuries one more time... :-(

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on November 23, 2013, 08:04:59 PM
Tuesday 20.30 would be perfect, see you then!

Ok, looking forward to playing later tonight

/hakos

Luiggi

I'm around, waiting in-game!

Gurgeh

Hurray for the Pyrrhic victory!

Ok, it wasn't totally bad, but very painfull. The first half was good at least. The zombie cultist tribesman or whatever he was who had the ball stood a bit too close to the skirmish line, and was blitzed by an extra fast elf. I was able to score in my second round after the opponent recieved the kick-off. Then I managed to defend good enough to prevent him from scoring. In the second half a pitch invasion knocked down most of his team and I disn't even have to work to score the second touchdown.

Then he killed one elf, wounded four more and knocked down some others, and scored 1-2. Luckily he would only have one more round to play, and I had 7 elves who were able to move without support. Less luckily the referee turned the clock back one round. All the elves hid in one corner around the ball watching in terror as eleven frenzied demon cultist stormed down the field. That was good enough, but would not have worked for long.

tags

Well, I nominate that for one of the most violent games of the season. Wow, did it get bloody. Unfortunately for me, it didn't get bloody until later in the game, when it was a bit too late for me to equalize in the first half, after Gurgeh stole a quick TD early.

In the beginning of the second half, when I thought I might have been able to steal a TD, a pitch invasion knocks out 6 out of my 11 players. Needles to say, it's 2-0 in no-time. Next drive, spectators throw a rock and kill one of my level 2 pit fighters. I had already used my apo on an injury to my primary (only) ball carrier in the very first round.

I think it was around this time the casulties really started mounting. Tony finally got really angry, and tore various limbs off elves. Too little too late for the demons though, who give up another win despite getting the 2-1 consolation TD.

I had bloody good dice in the second half, but I wish I would've gotten some of that in the first instead, and the game might have been contested. Have to blame myself for not realizing how fast MA9 blitzers are, though.

Luiggi

BBM is not responding for me, I'll try to upload our game tomorrow.

Pro Elves 3 - 3 Skaven. A game full of passes, dodges, runs and TD's. Also 1 dead rat kicker and one niggled GR (who also got MVP). My invencible gutter runners finally get a permanent injury... Well played hakos, been a good one.

hakos

yeah, good game, lots of fun, 20/20 in match rating, 6 TD, a couple of Deaths, around 5 BH, around 5 passes, several astonishing acrobatic feats of players dodging here and there, 4 double skulls. In total, a really even but unpredictable match

And if I'm not mistaken, this result together with the win for White Fire will set up a really interesting nailbiter match in the final day between the low rats and the high elfs about who will get the honor of meeting Barmution in the final

EDIT: match uploaded to BBmanager

/hakos