S13-MD7

Started by Mr B, October 23, 2013, 10:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

Well, not a fair game this time.
The first half was pretty even. The Seahawks managed to defend their ballcarrier until there was a break in the oppositions wall, and could score a TD turn 6. Then Dagor Draugs could easily equalize the score in 2 turns.

Second half was crazy, though...
Dagor needed a 2+ catch and then a 2+ dodge to score, but failed the catch after a reroll, and the ball bounced to a place where the Seahawks could easily pick it up. Then Dagor tried a couple of turns to take the ball back, but everytime the ball bounced to the worse possibly spot and eventually the Seahawks could get the ball up to the waiting rookie Witch Elf who made her second TD and her first skill.

The blizzard that made all GFI:s turnovers for Dagor Draugs, and the slippery gloves on a catcher, gave Klar Karond Seahawks their win!

Thanx for an entertaining game, and sorry bout the dropped ball!

hakos

Good summary of the game.

It was pretty even, and I think the numbers shows that. And in those cases, it will be the small details that will make all the difference.

Thus ends season 13 for me in last place, with no win. Apparently I have a lot to learn about playing with elves...

/hakos

Barmution

Material Ghouls makes the last match of the season count with a Nuffle-blessed win that will probably contribute to the retirement of the Frosted Flakes. Among the "highlights" were Tony picking up a Niggle after a block from a Ghoul (Death apo Niggle, regen failed) and me scoring the 3rd on a 3+, 2+, 5+, 3+ on turn 16. Sorry about the dice and better luck next season, Kvasi. Ghoul haters will be pleased to know that my +MV Wrestle Ghoul got a serious concussion for the efforts ;)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Yup, that was probably the most demoralizing game I've had with this team, and that's in a season that has had a couple of them. I was on the fence before, but now it seems like a definitive retirement.

The Golden Arrow

I will be half an hour late, is that OK?

Lars

The Golden Arrow

Last game is finished and I managed to pull out a win with the warpstone guys before they take some rest (something truly terrifying is coming back for next season).

First half was beautiful with me stopping the dwarves dead in their tracks with solid positioning and some good dice. Last turn I even managed to steal the ball and score the only TD. Second half was miserable with me playing poorly and rolling bad, but just barely managing to stop him from scoring last turn (he had the ball but I managed to box in the ballcarrier welll). His injury rolls were really poor all game with a whole lot of stuns but no injury and only two kd:s and mine were not great either (one injury and no kd:s) so a friendly game all round.

Gurgeh

Luiggi, I will let you upload the game, since you are the moral winner. ;)

Luiggi

My rats only know one way of having a tie. And that's the 3-3 tie... lol

This concludes a game that had it all. Elves rolling double skulls at first only to turn them into pows later, 2 rocks thrown at the team with more fan factor, a super 1 turner play that got stopped cold in the last GFI, a bug preventing my only GR to be positioned (he spawned in my end-zone, lolz)...

Despite this show, both teams saw their FF down, that's not cool, Nuffle.

Anyway, thanks for the game Gurgeh.

PS: Too late for uploading, I've already done it :P Plus I don't think there were any winners, the game was really tight and could have ended either way.

Gurgeh

Good luck in the finals.