S13-MD5

Started by Mr B, October 23, 2013, 10:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Almost there, GFI the last two games!!!  :-\

Mr B

And here it is, go and get them Lads! 8)

Lars

Kvasild can you play during the Weekend I can play all of saterday and sunday.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: Lars on November 15, 2013, 09:20:24 AM

/Lars

I think something like Sunday at 13:00 would be good, can you do that?

Lars

Quote from: kvasilad on November 15, 2013, 11:33:37 AM
Quote from: Lars on November 15, 2013, 09:20:24 AM

/Lars

I think something like Sunday at 13:00 would be good, can you do that?

would work very well see you then

/Lars

equilibri

Golden Arrow!

When do think we can play?

My suggestions:

Tue 19/11: 18:00

Yes, that is not a lot, but my next week is pretty full... If you cant play on tuesday I will try to find a better time.

Luiggi

Hi there Mr Barm. Unless I'm mistaken, the winner of this game would secure a spot in the playoffs!

My best bet to play would be Tuesday (preferibly) or Thursday at 20.15 GMT +1.

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on November 15, 2013, 11:33:00 PM
Hi there Mr Barm. Unless I'm mistaken, the winner of this game would secure a spot in the playoffs!

My best bet to play would be Tuesday (preferibly) or Thursday at 20.15 GMT +1.
Hello mr Luiggi!

I think you're right about the playoff thing, which makes the stakes (ugh, terrible word for us Undead) even higher  ;D

20.15 on Tuesday it is, then. I'll be looking forward to it!
Cheers,
-Barm

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on November 15, 2013, 09:02:39 PM
Golden Arrow!

My suggestions:

Yes, that is not a lot, but my next week is pretty full... If you cant play on tuesday I will try to find a better time.

Yeah I could do tuesday. 18.00 is a pretty bad time though, could you start one hour earlier or later?

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on November 16, 2013, 12:50:25 PM
Quote from: equilibri on November 15, 2013, 09:02:39 PM
Golden Arrow!

My suggestions:

Yeah I could do tuesday. 18.00 is a pretty bad time though, could you start one hour earlier or later?

No problem! I can start 17:00 instead if that works better!

Lars

First match of the day played a strange match where the dorfs dominated the first half and made a goal when the khorn team had recieved the kick-off the second started bad for the dwarfs with a pitchinvation that koncked down half of the dwarf team so the the dwarfs had to fall back in the offensive, after that one of the most developed dwarfs fell by the claws of Tony the tormentor and stayed dead after some fumbeling tries to rescue him. This lead to some shaky playing by the dwarfs coach and he should have been abel to secure a 1-0 victory but instead he analysed the watch wrong and made a stupid pass that opend up for the deamons to score in the last round.

/Lars

tags

Wow... that was... unexpected.

I won the toss, chose to receive. Through a combination of bad play (did not manage to play through the sheer amount of guard on the dwarves) and horrible dice (double skulls, 2 failed 2+ WA rolls), I had basically burnt all my re-rolls and taken myself out of contention in four turns. I ended up just not getting up with the players I had remaining the last few turns, so the clock was basically run out towards a dwarf TD in turn 8.

So, half-time, and I'm able to field 11 players, I still have a shot to equalize, albeit small. Nuffle also seemed to have switched sides during half-time, as a pitch invasion that hurt both teams left the demons in a much more favourable position. A handful of dwarves went down, including the intended ball carrier. The result is that the dwarves are able to cage up, but pretty deep in their own backfield with mounting pressure. Tony finally decides to not fail a wild animal roll on his blitz, and then rolls double skulls (I think that was my third of the game). I was about to smash something on my desk at that point, but miraculously he passed his loner roll and pulled out a pow. Now, Tony being a Claw+MB beast now, it was bad news for the MB+DT dwarf, who broke his armour and promptly died. Apo was called in, but still dead. I did genuinely feel bad for that situation, but match-wise it was a very important piece off the board. Tony was promptly lightning-bolted for a KO right after, maybe partly fuelled by frustration, but it never the less made it a lot harder for me to capitalize on the situation. There was a struggle around the ball for a few turns, but after I was down to 5 or 6 guys on the field (due to quickly mounting BH's and KO's), I lost all hopes of recovering the ball. A dwarf was free, but I at least managed to cut off his TD route, to keep it at 1-0.

Now, the moment that Lars is probably kicking himself for right now is a turn 16 pass to get SPP, which was fumbled and suddenly landed very close to his own end zone. It took a while for me to realize that I suddenly had a chance to score. I had a pit fighter within range, but he was in a tackle zone, the ball was in another adjacent tackle zone, and I didn't really have much realistic hope of succeeding. Amazingly though, the 5+, 4+, 3+ series succeeded (although with a team RR spent on the 4+), and I could hardly believe my own eyes when the pit fighter was celebrating in the end zone.

Gurgeh

Some elf on elf action. Hakos recieved the ball, bur failed to get through the defense. I even managed to take the ball from him, then drop it when the elf with the ball failed to dodge, and then get it back with an intercept to score in the last round of the first half. 1-0.

Two quick elvish touchdowns in the second half and the score was 2-1. At that point, hakos managed to mutilate his computer in some fashion and could only play at half capacity. Which was just as well, since I didn't manage to get through the defense anyway. Final score 2-1 to the higher of the elf teams.

hakos

Another match played, and I will let Gurgeh report on the result since I'm too upset right now.

- At my stupid plays
- At my stupid bad luck
- At the stupid game who managed lock the scrolling for me the last 5 turns

As for the last Point, I have no idea what I did, but apparently I hit some strange button combination that called up a debug window or something like it. After that Everything except scrolling worked fine, but it meant I could not see 25% of the screen and not move my guys on 25% of the screen.

Anyway, here is the screenie. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

EDIT: Can't manage to upload an image from my desktop it seems, any idea of how to add it?

/Hakos

Mr B

Games are valid! Well done folks!
8)