S13-MD2

Started by Mr B, October 23, 2013, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Barmution

Standard grind for 2-1 to the Material Ghouls. Thanks for the match, Gurgeh, and gratz with leveling two linos! More Dodge for you (or Guard or stats if you're lucky ;) )
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

GG Golden, that was an interesting match in which I was blessed with mithril armor (-20 2d luck for you :S). I really feel that your last play for the equalizer should have succeeded, because you played really well (or I didn't... or both!). The 3-1 doesn't really do justice to what was seen on the pitch.

Good luck the rest of the season, I hope your troll gets his shit straight already!

equilibri

Kvasilad will report our match. Yet another draw for my D-elves, but this time I am glad I didnt loose... :D

tags

I think Equilibri said the most important bits already. The game ended in a hard-fought 2-2 draw, but as opposed to last week's draw where I was extremely happy about it, here I am slightly disappointed.

Don't get me wrong though, if you had asked me before the match started, I would've taken the draw and been happy about it! But I got a couple of elves off the pitch early, and had solid cage control most of the half (except for a crazy solo blitz by the ag5 st4 witch elf, but she was quickly pushed off the sidelines). I was ultimately forced to score in turn 6 (chose to receive), but there was a riot skipping one turn, so I thought I could contain the elves. But to equilibri's credit, he played smart (as well as rolled decent D6) and managed to get the ball to the endzone in two turns.

The second half started with some pretty bad luck for the elves. A pass catch was fumbled, and I saw fit to employ my fireball in the midst of the chaos. After blitzing and crowding the ball, i ultimately managed to get control of it and get it to the endzone, although the situation was a bit more shaky this time around. Next kick-off sees the Khorne struggling to contain the elves again, and it did look like a witch elf would get an easy touchdown reception, but she missed the catch. So suddenly the witch feels very alone standing in the Khorne endzone, next to the ball on the ground. I set up what I feel is some pretty good containment, and then roll the dice on a 1D blitz against the witch. She's pushed off the field, luckily, but in the last seconds of the match, an elf manages to dodge through two tackle zones and pick up the ball in the same two zones for the touchdown.

So yeah, it was a close game, but as the stats say, I did have possession for most of it, which gave me the illusion of control :)

Anyway, thanks for the game, it sure was a nailbiter! And most importantly, the Khorne team is now finally in character this season, leading the league in casulties inflicted ;D

Lars

Last match of D2 has been played and it was a quite even match until about round 11 when the dwarf seemd to have awaken and the elvs ran out of luck.

The match ended 1-2 to the dwarfs favour.

Mr B

All games Valid.. moving on!
;D