FINAL!

Started by J-Reedy, December 03, 2013, 05:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And we're here at the NUL Stadium where the match between the last year's champion Ratdonald's and the uprising undead team Material Ghouls is about to begin! But wait where are teams? Hey, Pop-corn guy! Have you seen the teams? What, they're not here! Damn. What's going on here? What? They haven't settled the date for the finals yet! Damn. Well, I guess we'll be back then they get the date set... In the meanwhile, if anybody's interested in my opinion, I think that... Hey. Hey! Camera man, where are you going? Come back here, I was going to give my deep-roo... What did you say, director? CUT-OFF! Why? Even though there won't be a game I can fill the airwaves with my honeydew voice and good looks. What do you mean nobody wants to look at my face for two hours? I'll let you know that my mama...

All righty, Barm and Luiggi, the regular season has been ended and the final game is waiting. Let us know the date and maybe you'll get some spectators for the finals!

Barmution

Hi Luiggi!

If you want to we can play the finals tonight (Tuesday) starting between 18.00 and 21.00. Else I can do 19.30 to 22.00 on Friday, the same on Saturday and 11.00-13.00 plus 21.00 on Sunday. All times GMT+1.

Looking forward to snack on those tasty RatDonalds' treats ;)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Hi Barm, not had enough fast food already? :P

Let's settle for Friday at 20.00,make sure you bring an antiacid cause these rats are hard to digest!

Barmution

Cool, catch you then!

Not to worry about being indigestable, as we're mostly dead anyway chewing, swallowing and regurgitating is about as close as we get to digestion as one can hope for.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Hey Luiggi!

Sorry about the somewhat short notice but a friend (Kvasilad as a matter of fact) is coming to Trondheim tomorrow and it would be cool to be able to meet up with him. Would you be able to post-pone our match for a bit (say Sunday evening or some time next week)?

Cheers!
-Barm

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on December 05, 2013, 09:34:45 PM
Hey Luiggi!

Sorry about the somewhat short notice but a friend (Kvasilad as a matter of fact) is coming to Trondheim tomorrow and it would be cool to be able to meet up with him. Would you be able to post-pone our match for a bit (say Sunday evening or some time next week)?

Cheers!
-Barm

Ok, I have another key match on Sunday so that's ruled out (playing for promotion to Tier 1 OCC, decisive match!).

Monday 21.30 sounds good? Other options are Tuesday 21.00, Wednesday 21.30 or Thursday 21.00.

Barmution

Monday at 21.30 works for me! Thanks for being flexible :)

-Barm

Barmution

Logging in and waiting now...

tags

I still haven't figured out how to spectate on matches :/

Logged in and tried to find your match, but couldn't see any spectate button anywhere.

Luiggi

Gah, kvasi, I wish I had seen this earlier. You have to go to the Community Tab, then go to the Live tab.

Will post about the game tomorrow, I really need to head to bed.

Luiggi

Ok, here's the match sheet of yesterday's final.

First half started with the Material Ghouls setting up a nice cage after bashing the LOS. For some reason, rats were impossible to remove off the pitch in the first 5 turns, which was key to the skaven defence: they managed to isolate the cage and prevented any sort of advancement for many turns. Furthermore, the Rat's first block of the match was a KO to the super MV 8 Guard Block Ghoul, giving them numbers advantage. With only 2 turns to score, the lonely ghoul had to go on his own and was wrestled down by the gutter runners, who recovered the ball near their own end zone and kept it safe. A stormvermin attempted a big play (4 dodges in 1 TZ + 2 GFI) but failed the last roll; otherwise it might have still been possible for the rats to score in a breakaway.

The second half started with a crazy pitch invasion that removed all sort of opposition from the Material Ghouls. The skaven team literally invaded their backfield, secured the ball near their end-zone and stalled 4 or 5 turns until the undead surrounded them. The rats kept being invincible (only a few KOs here and there) while they hurt the opposition (2 injuries and another KO). Nothing seemed to go wrong: every roll succeeded, no rerolls had to be used... insane stuff. Ratdonald's scored and gave the Ghouls a few turns to equalize.

And here's when Barmution retaliated, despite being hit by a Blitz! (which we were both seeing coming, bloody kick-off events allying themselves with one team...). Injury and armor rolls started to go his way, with some rats visiting the hospital or morgue (MNG, Niggle, Dead) and with them scoring in turn 15 after a very nice chainpush. 1-1 and it was game on again!

With one turn to go, the defence made a standard setup (not sure if it was meant to prevent the 1 turner or to attract a quick 2 turner) with a big opening in the middle. The rats went for an invasion tactic, moving 3 GRs and the agi 5 SV into scoring positions, while the thrower kept the ball safe in the backfield. Turn 16 ended with a lvl 4 Gutter Runner dying on the pitch (dead - apo - dead), right before the extra time! (which would have saved him, since injuries are reset to BH). That was another zombie for the undead army, and one less rat to score with!

Barmution had the numbers advantage and a decent control of his backfield. My receivers were either surrounded by well positioned Tacklers or down on the floor (or both!). 1's and 2's started to catch up after the crazy streaks of the second half, and it seemed that the 6-7 rats still on the pitch wouldn't make it (many were KO and pushed off field). One of the two Gutter Runners still on the pitch came near the half-way line to receive the ball, and was marked by a ghoul and blitzed by a the killer wight. However, he couldn't take him down and thus the rats decided to go all or nothing. The thrower rushed to the right and made an easy pass to the marked gutter runner, who caught the ball in two TZs, dodged away and went for it to score! 2-1 and the undead only had one turn to attempt the equalizer.

They set up to attempt a 1 turner, made some nice pushes but in the end fell short of 1 square. The game was over, with some really lucky rats winning the championship.

Lastly, I believe Barmution deserves great recognition because not only he won the regular season by far, but also played a very solid game and was met with misfortune in the shape of that Pitch Invasion and the first half's 2d6. Chances were that he could have grinded his way to victory had it been a "regular" (if we can use that word in BB) match. Sometimes these are decided by slight details and this time I was the one blessed by Nuffled... we'll see how it goes next season.

The Golden Arrow

Congratulations Luiggi :)

Sounds like a really close and well played game, but it is damned impressive to win two times in a row nevertheless.

J-Reedy

Very nice match report. Congratz to the ratz!

Yeah, getting back-to-back championships is really impressive.

tags

Sounds like a thrilling end to the season :)

hakos

WoW, seems these final games are always super interesting.

Congratulations on winning two seasons in a row.

/hakos