Coordinator in meltdown!

Started by bodyschlompf, January 29, 2011, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodyschlompf

Hi guys... I don't know how to say this, cause it feels very hard but...

It feels like I have run myself in to a brick wall. I simply cannot continue to run this series, and even have to stop playing BB for some time as well.  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

It's very complicated to explain why this is, and why this so sudden. I made my mind up last night, but the feelings about this has of course been going on for a long time. The simplest explanation why I feel the way I do is this: I've been the Coordinator for 8 months now and for most of that time I have poured more time and energy into this than I actually have. You could do such a thing for a short time, but over a length of time, you'll reach a meltdown sooner or later. This is what's happened to me. I feel _completely exhausted_. Lately even a simple info post has felt like climbing a huge mountain.

I have thought sooooo many times that "all I have to do is this, this and that and then I can relax. Next week will be easier". But that "next week" never comes: There's _always_ some new issue coming up that you feel you have to address, there is _always_ someone you need to inform quickly about something, there is _always_ people with burning questions that you need to answer right away... In my account on "Alvsvenskan.se" i have 24 pages of PM's in my inbox and 20 in the outbox... And I know I have deleted some of the PMs... On top of that, the time I spent on the forum is only the top of the ice: I have spent countless hours thinking and planning how to make this league work better and how to please as many as possible... Running this has meant 20% fun and 80% stress for a long time and I simply cannot take it any longer... I need air. I need time of and I need it now, not in three months or so...

So what happens know?

Well, we should finish the season, that's for sure. I'll be playing my games and do the most important chores I need to attend to. League admins "Mr.B" and "The Golden Arrow" (Nuffle bless them!) will do what they usually do and well have no problem finishing the season. Then we basically have two options:

Option 1: We hope that someone comes forward and take the office of running this series, and NUL survives another day. My predictions are that if someone doesn't  take my position at latest early March, then the community is screwed for sure.

Option 2: We meet an agreement to make an group application to another league, and use our numbers as a tool for negotiating an agreement that people can use their NUL-teams in the other league. In order to be effective, I would predict that at least 10 of us need to agree to do this, and these 10 need to agree on which league we should try and negotiate with. Furthermore, the league should be an European based community in the small/mid size, otherwise we wouldn't  have a good point to base our negotiations from ("UKBBL or Blood & Snot" are my bets).

Well... I guess I don't have more say...  :(
I hate to disappoint you all, but please try and understand my perspective... I just can't take it any longer... Lets hope for the best...

Sincerely,
/bodyschlompf

Flying Circus

Very sad to hear that you feel like this Body, it is just a game and if you need time for other thing, do it without feeling guilty.
For me I still hope that NUL can keep on going, even if all nice story telling that Body have put in to this site is not going to be updated.

For me the house rules are not important, even though all storys are a nice read.  But hey its just my opinion =)

Merging my team to another league is of no interest for me, maybe if I had 25 games on the neck of the team and I knew this forum would close, then it could be.

If the league stops I hope that the coaches will just try to get into the same league.

To everybody, remember Smile  :)

Elake

sad to hear, hope for the best!

Mr B

Tragic is the word I am searching for...
But.. the show must go oooon!

I think I can handle the league.. as far as it comes to arrange new seasons and add new teams, kick-off a new season etc..
There is one thing I do not do.. Add fluff, add rules...
The rules that we now have (appart from the fluff) works fine, and I am thinking about the rejects and stuff when it come to players not fixing the matches in time etc... the smoothness of these rules is fine by me.

(1) If we need more rules etc.. there should be a forum for that and all should have something to say about it before activating it.

Finding new players should be job for everyone... :D
Merging with other leagues will not be on my agenda, this should be handled as (1).

Ok, just adding my thoughts for the moment.

Cya around!
/B

bodyschlompf

Quote from: Mr B on January 29, 2011, 07:14:55 PM
I think I can handle the league.. as far as it comes to arrange new seasons and add new teams, kick-off a new season etc..

Cya around!
/B

B you are fudging Angel if you take this on! I'm in a serious need of taking a break cause I simply can't keep on going on like I have done so far. I've hit the wall, and it feels like I'm loosing my mind..

But when it comes to minor task like updating the win%-table, keeping track of teams in hibernation, manage the BBmanager league and stuff that have no or little time pressure. I can still do that. I can also take on the task of cleaning up the forum between every season. When I feel rested I might even be back to write some fluff for the league.

The position I'd like to take on from season 2 is one similar to "Admin": A "support on demand" type of figure. I've learned some things about how the forum Admin has put together work, I also started to learn "GIMP" (similar to Photoshop) so I can possibly provide you with low quality artwork if you like  :D

Anyways, as I said, I can do stuff that have little or no time pressure. But being Coordinator has lately made me feel awful, and I simply can't have that any longer. I had a chat with "Sneak" recently and he said that he might be able to help out. So that's a good thing.

So , B, if you would take this on I would be thrilled and I'll help you out as best as I can. If there's something that I'm sure of that would be that I wouldn't want you in a position where you started  to have the same feelings about being Coordinator as I recently have.

Cheers!

Mateej

I can do some work too if needed, I dont think the entire league, but one division? Why not, if it helps the league to go on. Strictly speaking, I agree with Mr B - I can help with some nerdy paperwork only, fluffs are nice but beyond my capabilities.

johoohno

I'm sorry to hear this Body, but I know the feeling all to well: when something fun turns to a chore. Don't feel any stress for feeling or doing this. Just back off to a distance you feel okay with, nobody expects more of you (except you yourself).

I'll agree with whatever the biggest part of the community decides: staying and riding out the storm with whoever picks up or moving to another league. If my voice has any weight I prefer staying.

Rotty

Sad to hear Bodyschlompf but very understandable. I just joined this league and forum so I can't tell how it was before but I do know the strain to drive things alone and be the sole one taking the pressure. Really nice to see ppl standing up now :) - this should be fun all the time, even when losing. Relax a while and get back when you feel like it - doctor's orders  8)
// Rotty; in-game Ratstick

krim_nielsen

fair =)
hope NUL survive as it is

The Golden Arrow

I can also help of course, Obviously I can keep doing the stuff I do and then I can manage some of the fluff parts too, it may not be the same style as Body, but I think it can be good enough...

bodyschlompf

Quote from: Mateej on January 30, 2011, 10:08:29 AM
I can do some work too if needed, I dont think the entire league, but one division? Why not, if it helps the league to go on. Strictly speaking, I agree with Mr B - I can help with some nerdy paperwork only, fluffs are nice but beyond my capabilities.

That's great to hear Mateej! I'll keep you in mind and and propose some stuff you can help out with later. League Admin perhaps?

Admin

...And my axe.

Sorry, I just had to.  ;D

Flying Circus

bodyschlompf

Ok, just to straight out some questions:

-This league will not die because I'm leaving the Coordinator position. "Mr B" will take this position starting by the end of this season.

-It is currently very likely that the "House Features" will have to be scrapped. This is cause, with me out of the loop, "Mr B" and "The Golden Arrow" would have to much work on their hands. I will not leave the league completely, but I will take a "task on demand" position.

These statements will be be executed by the end of this season.