S14 - Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

It's going to be a new year soon so let's move onto a new day!

J-Reedy

Howdy-ho, Luiggi, time for the Whistlers to get a taste of whatever your fast food folk are serving. Here are my OK starting times for the next few days, CET/GMT+1:

- Wednesday 15-19
- Thursday 18-21
- Friday 18-22 (bit of uncertainty here, I'll let you know if this changes)
- Saturday - choose your time, any time

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

hakos

Hello TGA

Time for one of us losers to finally get a victory. I can play more or less whenever this week since I'm still on vacation. Just let me know what you prefer.

/Hakos

The Golden Arrow

Ok, tomorrow maybe? That is kind of an off day anyway. I could play whenever as long as it isn't too early.

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 31, 2013, 09:22:07 AM
Howdy-ho, Luiggi, time for the Whistlers to get a taste of whatever your fast food folk are serving. Here are my OK starting times for the next few days, CET/GMT+1:

- Wednesday 15-19
- Thursday 18-21

Hi J. Wednesday at 18.00 would be OK. See you around!

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 31, 2013, 10:24:45 AM
Ok, tomorrow maybe? That is kind of an off day anyway. I could play whenever as long as it isn't too early.

Wednesday@15:00 ?

/hakos

equilibri

Lasseman!

Here are the times I can play in the near future:

Wednesday - all day, but will propably sleep until 12:00...

Friday - all day

Saturday - all day

Sunday - all day

Monday - all day

So, when do you think it will work for you?

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: hakos on December 31, 2013, 01:15:10 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 31, 2013, 10:24:45 AM

Wednesday@15:00 ?

/hakos

It's a date :)

J-Reedy

Quote from: Luiggi on December 31, 2013, 11:42:04 AM
Quote from: J-Reedy on December 31, 2013, 09:22:07 AM

- Wednesday 15-19
- Thursday 18-21

Hi J. Wednesday at 18.00 would be OK. See you around!
All right, we'll be seeing later today!

hakos

And so the day begins, a match between the two teams at the bottom of the ranking. None with a win so far.

The teams are fairly even matched on paper although I feel rather happy to find only a noob wolf in the opposing necro team. Thanks Lasse, you will get your gold later for your fine work with his friend.

I decide to kick. Not much happens in the first drive except that both me and Golden are a bit upset about the bugs. I start with 12 players and he with 10. Although he gets the 11th player immediately, a zombie, which the AI is nice enough to place far back on his side. For my part, I put my rookie catcher in my endzone with firm order to never move. As expected, in turn 4 he scores (Golden that is, not my catcher), although he has to Dodge my rookie catcher who refuses to move out of his way. Sorry for that Golden, of all the end zone squares you had to select the one next to him, and I had forgot that he was standing there...

Silver Hunters 1 - Getingarna 0

Drive two starts with yet another bug. Seems my ogre decided this was the perfect time to get some food and take a break so he was nowhere to be found. But I do get 11 players on the pitch. And perhaps he was not that far away anyway, since someone in the audience decided to throw a very big rock on a flesh golem, which hurt him badly. My AG 4 catcher picks up the ball and then run all the way to score in turn 8.

Silver Hunters 1 - Getingarna 1

Drive 3 starts with no bugs. Oh happy days are here. But Golden manages to get a Blitz, Oh sad days are here, he cannot reach the ball but the road is free for him. I must pick it up, and does so, however, instead of creating a cage on my side I decide to create a cage on his side so I throw the ball to my catcher, but fumbles. Double 1's. A wight can pick it up. I make him lose it, but to no avail, since his rookie wolf manages to dodge away from his company, pick it up and run into my end zone.

Silver Hunters 2 - Getingarna 1

Drive 4 starts and I still have about 5 turns to score. This time there is no blitz and I manage to pick up the ball and keep it secure. My AG 4 catcher runs all the way over the field while the rest of the team does all it can to keep the road free for him. The key here is probably that Golden finished all his RR in turn 14 so then he gets a double skull as the first thing he does in turn 15 the road is clear for me and I score.

Silver Hunters 2 - Getingarna 2

Drive five is just one turn long. Will the hunters manage a 1 turn touchdown? Nope, they have placed the wolf in the wrong position. Although it was rather theoretical even if they had done the placement correctly since I still had a complete team in the way.

So it is a draw, and neither of us can claim a victory, but both of us no longer have only losses.

Dices. I felt I was rather lucky in the match, mostly because I dodged better today then I ever did for two seasons with my elven team. However, when checking the stats afterwards I found it was rather even. My 1D was MUCH better than his, but it was the opposite for 2D and blocks were quite even. So all in all the result seems rather fair.

Thanks for a good game Golden.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Welcome, dear listeners to the Mind Melt Today broadcast! Today we have a rare treat for you. We managed to slip one of our patented mind-melt demons to the ear canal of that infamous coach of the necromantic Blood Bowl team Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers just before the start of the team's game against the famed fast-food franchice RatDonald's. So our broadcast today will be thoughts of the necromancer during the game! Unfortunately we lost our demon connection soon after the match as it seems that werewolfs are quite apt at smelling bugs and rather fond of demon meat. But here they are, dear listeners, selected insights from a mind of a Blood Bowl coach during a game! Enjoy!

...Dam-dam-da-da-dam... We really should get a cheerleader, I'm tired of looking at nothing but those rotting bastards....
...Hmmm, coin toss... Let's see... Heads. Tails. I can never make heads or tails out of this. Hmm, there's lots of tails around today. I wouldn't mind getting a tail now and then. Maybe I should go on those speed-dates... Ok, so let's go with tails.
...That geezer looks a lot like a wizard... Bugger, better order my guys to play a loose cage.
...Teddy really has picked up his game, that must've been his fifth cas of the season...
...Wow, that blonde on the stands is a real looker! Oh wait, she's one of those furries... Hmmm....maybe I should take on a skaven team next season... And stop shaving... What... We lost the ball! How did that happen? Come on, concentrate on the game now man!
...All right, we're just one TD behind, nothing to worry about... Just get Freki ready for a deep run... What a... Blitz! Come on Freki, hold on... Right... Okay, nothing to worry about, the ball is deep and we have ghouls on the ball... Only a strike of lightning... What! Oh, buggering wizard... Maybe I should've taken Elemental conjurations 101 on second term insted of advanced Dark thoughts, I hear those Blood Bowl wizards get paid a lot just to make a single bang...
...All right, we're just two TDs behind, nothing to worry about... They're one rat short, we'll just get the ball away... Let's see, if I setup the guys like... Wow, is that the actor Gnatalie Harbourwoman in the stands? I really dig her, maybe I should go and introduce... What? Hey, dont' kick the ball yet! You're supposed to go.... Damn... Well, nothing to worry, if Tex just keeps on his feet... All right, if Geri just can get to the throwing lane... Well, he still might botch the pass...
...All right, nothing to worry about, we're just three TDs behind... We'll just bash through their lines... Like that... Okay, Freki is on the scoring range, Gummo just needs to get the ball off... Hmmm, well... At lest they didn't get it up either... Now Geri is on the TD zone, if Freki can just toss the ball to him... Yep, she got the ball, now the toss... It could still bounce to him... Damn... Well, at least the rat fumbled the pass also... All that we need is to pick up the ball... Damn... Just pick up the ball... Damn... Just pick up the ball... Damn... Could somebody please pick up the ball.... Oh fine, the rat gets it... This is over... Wow! He fumbled it! All right, if the guys just manage to pick up the ball... Damn... Just one pick up, please... She got it! Go for it now! SCORE! YEAH, at least we got a TD... 3-1 defeat, maybe I shouldn't write home to mom just yet... I'll wait for the next match... Yeah, that's what I'll do... Hmm... Cheerleaders... Wonder if Disgrace Gelly was buried in an air-tight tomb? If she's well preserved I could maybe necromance her and give her some pom-poms... ...Why are Freki and Geri eying me like that? What they're sniffing? Did I forget to bathe last month? No, I went to Madam Clency's bath house... That brune... WHAT THE HELL? WHY IS FREKI STICKING HER TONGUE IN MY EAR!?!?

Luiggi

Nice write up, as usual! It was a fairly one-sided game for me, especially due to that Blitz that resulted in the 2-0. I was surprised at your first offence, though, the ghoul ran too far ahead and I could easily get to him, whereas placing him one square back would have reduced my chances at the ball, and probably meant a 1-0 instead of a 0-1. It might have been the "wizard fear factor", sometimes being afraid of it is actually worse than just taking the hit (as Barmution proved by caging tightly then surviving the fireball last game :D). Once the game was 2-0 you even got quite a lot of shitty blocking dice and burnt a few rerolls. Then the last 4 turns, which were basically failed pick-up after failed pick-up, didn't help either. I also got lucky with casualties, removing a wight and a ghoul from play was quite helpful, not to mention the injured zombie because of a rock from the stands.

Good luck the rest of the season, J-Reedy!

PS: Just got 4 or 5 level ups, one of which was another +STR GR. My stat rolls are getting even more ridiculous now...

Lars

Quote from: equilibri on December 31, 2013, 03:14:00 PM
Lasseman!

Friday - all day

Saturday - all day

Sunday - all day

Monday - all day

shall we say sunday evening at 18?

/Lars

equilibri

Quote from: Lars on January 02, 2014, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: equilibri on December 31, 2013, 03:14:00 PM
Lasseman!

Friday - all day

Saturday - all day

Sunday - all day

Monday - all day

shall we say sunday evening at 18?

/Lars

That sounds great to me! See you on sunday!

Lars

A pretty one sided match where the Chaos had some extreme injury rolls from the chaos side.

Sorry for all the injuries it was at least good that only one merc died the other 2 deaths was saved by the doctor.

/Lars