S14 - Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

In a hard-fought victory over the Mad Science Fair this weekend, Amy Winemouse, veteran of 27 matches for the team, suffered a smashed collar bone late in the match, as she found herself on the ground beneath the boot of Marty 'Lazarus' McFly. The referee immediately suspended McFly for a personal foul, but it is of little consolation to Winemouse, who was unable to move under her own power immediately following the game.

Later, when confronted with the fact that Aaron Blodgers was able to come back from a similar injury this season, she replied "next time you see him leaping in alone in the middle of 5 blockers, you let me know". She will be glad, though, that her final game put TPA at the top of the league rankings, while handing old rival MSF their first loss of the season.

Amy Winemouse currently holds many all-time franchise records. She is the only player to start all 27 recorded games, where she has recorded 19 touchdowns and 664 yards rushing. Ms. Winemouse was tied for the second-most experienced player of the league.

A lot of the heavy lifting will now have to be done by The Partly Animals' other veteran wardancer, Phong Bird. A promising rookie, Blocking Bird, is rumoured to be up for promotion as a starter for next week's game.

Barmution

Yeah, thanks for the game and sorry for the injury, Kvasi.

You played very well and deserved the win, although next time I prefer it if you stay in contact and stop being so darn resilient (in general)  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Here yee, here yee, all music fans! We have fantastic news, the retired Animastic Ballad Band Association have come up with a new ballad in co-operation with Lady Eely John to honour some injured Blood Bowl player by the name of Beerrat or something like that. I'm sure nobody's interested in that connection, so let's listen the new ballad! It goes like this:

You can dance, you can dive, having the game of your life
See that girl, watch that splean, flying' on the grass so green

Sunday night and the lights are high
Looking out for the cage to ply
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in looking to sting
Nobody could jump that high
Game is young and muscles are spry
With a bit of bruises, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, hot as benzene