S14 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Day is now forwarded and it's time for the second to last game day. Play on mates!

J-Reedy

Howdy-how, Equilibri. I have to admit that I have a bit of mixed feelings about your team name at the moment because Seattle Seahawks just beat my beloved 49er's in the NFL playoffs. But that's american football and this is Blood Bowl so let's play some bb! Here are my OK starting times for the week, all times GMT+1/CET as per usual:

- Tuesday 20-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Friday - probably OK anytime after 19 - I'll confirm this later today when things get worked out
- Sunday 12-19

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 21, 2014, 04:41:24 AM
Howdy-how, Equilibri. I have to admit that I have a bit of mixed feelings about your team name at the moment because Seattle Seahawks just beat my beloved 49er's in the NFL playoffs. But that's american football and this is Blood Bowl so let's play some bb! Here are my OK starting times for the week, all times GMT+1/CET as per usual:

- Tuesday 20-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Friday - probably OK anytime after 19 - I'll confirm this later today when things get worked out
- Sunday 12-19

Well, you get the chance to do what the 49er's didn't... Beat some Seahawks... :D
And that will probably be a walk in the park for you!

How about tonight, tuesday, at 20:00?

J-Reedy

Quote from: equilibri on January 21, 2014, 05:35:59 AM

Well, you get the chance to do what the 49er's didn't... Beat some Seahawks... :D

That works fine, see you later this evening!

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 21, 2014, 05:42:38 AM
Quote from: equilibri on January 21, 2014, 05:35:59 AM

That works fine, see you later this evening!

Perfect!

hakos

Hi Luiggi

Let's see if I can beat you, have never happened yet, though.

I can play thursday and friday evening but I would prefer the weekend since that is still more or less unplanned.

/hakos

Lars

Barm when can you play?

I can play wed-fri from 19:00 - 22:00 or sunday from 20:00

/Lars

The Golden Arrow

Hi Kvasi :)

Right now I'm free on friday, but that might change cause you know... it's friday.

Otherwise I can play daytime on saturday or sunday, any of those suit you?

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on January 21, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Barm when can you play?

/Lars
How about Thursday at 1900?

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Quote from: Barmution on January 21, 2014, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 21, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Barm when can you play?

/Lars
How about Thursday at 1900?

-Barm

sounds like a plan

Barmution

Great! See you then for the bash-off  ;D

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: hakos on January 21, 2014, 12:59:56 PM
Hi Luiggi

Let's see if I can beat you, have never happened yet, though.

I can play thursday and friday evening but I would prefer the weekend since that is still more or less unplanned.

/hakos

My best chance is Sunday at 21.00. Is that ok for you?

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 21, 2014, 03:02:49 PM
Hi Kvasi :)

Right now I'm free on friday, but that might change cause you know... it's friday.

Otherwise I can play daytime on saturday or sunday, any of those suit you?

Friday looks like it's busy for me.

I'm going out Saturday evening, but daytime could work, aim for 12:00 or something?

tags

Quote from: Barmution on January 21, 2014, 07:24:40 PM
Great! See you then for the bash-off  ;D

I'll be rooting for you to kill/mng/seriously injure a few key players as I'll be facing the goats next match day, make it bloody for Khorne and all that! :D

J-Reedy

- Hey, mr. Orson, how's the coach doing?
- I'm afraid he's still out of, dear mister Oliver. Just staring blankly into the distance and muttering "Seahawks... Seahawks.... First they crushed my true love... Seahawks... Then they whupped these sorry excuses of Blood Bowlers. Seahawks... Hawks everywhere...", you know that sort of stuff.
- Hmm, wonder what he means with that true love?
- Don't know, dear mister Oliver, and I really can't hazard a guess. It could be mathematics because he keeps muttering about four and nine. maybe he was a gifted mathemathian as a child. You know, one of those types who love numbers.
- That's a decent hyphotesis mr. Orson, but I'm thinking it must be that girl he keeps mentioning. Sandra Fran or something.
- That really could be the case. But as to the game, dear mr. Geri, I must wonder why you didn't blitz that elvish player Galddar during the game as the coach instructed?
- But I did, mr. Orson. You must've seen me do, that, that poor follow stumbled back and fell hard.
- But that was the blitzer elf, my old chap Geri, Galddar was the runner one.
- I dare sare you must've been mistaken mr. Orson. The elf named Galddar was definately blitzer.
- Well, we should not argue about this issue that can simply be solved by looking at the elvish side's roster. Let's see... Those devilish tomfoolers!
- What is it, mr. Orson?
- They have three players named Galddar! Two of them blitzers and one a runner! And look, two Tallans! How devilish a ploy have they woven, no wonder our signals got mixed!
- Devilish indeed! But I must confess that they did beat us fair and square with their agile play and superior blitz attacks.
- That they did indeed, dear mr. Geri.
- SEAHAWKS! DAMN THEM! DAMN THE LEGION OF BOOM! DAMN THAT SHERMAN! DAMN THOSE ELFS! SEAHAWKS! BUGGERING WITCHES AND THE 12TH MAN! SEAHAWKS!
- Oh dear, we better try to get the coach sleeping, maybe he'll snap out of it if he gets some rest.

Yep, Seahawks did it again. This time they beat my Blood Bowl team. Equilibri played a nice controlled game and got some injuries in the first half that made me really work for my first TD. Then he scored a fast passing TD at the start of the second half. Then his +ST witch elf managed to bring down my caged +ST wight with a surgical blitz and get the ball bouncing. Runner got the ball and ran deep into my territory, but I managed to blitz the runner down, but the runner had decided to score and that he did a blitz, dodge and pickup later. Very nice game from the Equilibri indeed. Congratz again!