S14 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on January 21, 2014, 09:18:38 PM
I'll be rooting for you to kill/mng/seriously injure a few key players as I'll be facing the goats next match day, make it bloody for Khorne and all that! :D
Embarrassingly enough that seems to be the main strategy with my angry gits. Also, we fight for Hashut, not that unthinking brute Khorne. I'll have you know that we put the power of science behind every punch we make. And the power of love. Tough love.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Haha, fun report, now I'm only getting those references since I've actually been following NFL for a couple of seasons though :)

Thinking of rollilng an Orc roster for next season, but doesn't fit with a Dolphins theme. Maybe I'll name them Gang Green and make sure to lose a lot, should come naturally :P

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on January 21, 2014, 11:09:30 PM
Haha, fun report, now I'm only getting those references since I've actually been following NFL for a couple of seasons though :)

Thinking of rollilng an Orc roster for next season, but doesn't fit with a Dolphins theme. Maybe I'll name them Gang Green and make sure to lose a lot, should come naturally :P

Oh, you're a Miami guy then? Well, Dolphins seem to be getting better slowly, although I'm not convinced about Tannehill being a true franchice QB yet. I've been actually following NFL since I was a wee kid because for some reason Finnish TV showed random NFL games for two years when I was young and spry (sigh). I almost got sucked into Giants first but then I saw the Niners first time and the Montana+Rice just stole my heart. Few recent years were hard being a niners fan (the years when they dubbed the division "NFC Worst") but last three years have been great. Good thing that NFL started selling the season pass Internet TV package to Europe at the same time so I've seen all the niner games for two years now.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 22, 2014, 06:58:23 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 21, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

Oh, you're a Miami guy then? Well, Dolphins seem to be getting better slowly, although I'm not convinced about Tannehill being a true franchice QB yet. I've been actually following NFL since I was a wee kid because for some reason Finnish TV showed random NFL games for two years when I was young and spry (sigh). I almost got sucked into Giants first but then I saw the Niners first time and the Montana+Rice just stole my heart. Few recent years were hard being a niners fan (the years when they dubbed the division "NFC Worst") but last three years have been great. Good thing that NFL started selling the season pass Internet TV package to Europe at the same time so I've seen all the niner games for two years now.

Yes, well, it was rather random. I've never really watched sports of any kind, despite repeated failed attempts to actually gain some interest in soccer (which I have many friends that are into). My girlfriend insisted we watch Hard Knocks, which was fairly captivating, and shortly after something just clicked. But yeah, Miami was the featured team, and so that's why I started following them. 2012 was my first season of actually paying attention though, and 2013 was the first season of paying a lot of attention to what happened elsewhere in the league as well.

As for the team, well, there was clear progress from 2012 to 2013, but the Dolphins had an absolutely heartbreaking end to the season of course. 8-6 after beating the Patriots, and only needed to win against one of the two weaker (on paper at least) teams to get in the playoffs, only to suffer a complete collapse. That was ugly. Don't really know about Tannehill for the long haul, but I think he's up to it. Most of the problems in this season were caused by having extremely short time in the pocket, but he's not great on the deep throws either. Of course, being a recent NFL fan, I haven't experienced many seasons, but I have gotten quite a bit of history through Gamepass watching various shows on NFL Network. Seems to me the team is probably in the best position since the Dan Marino era, but that may be just wishful thinking.

equilibri

Don't wanna be rude, but all I need to say is Seahawks...  ;D

And about the game it was almost as if I saw my vision of how my elves was supposed to perform!
They failed with the easy 2+ rolls that mattered, but when it came to series of 3+ and even 4+ it was no problem!

Thanx for the game, J-Reedy! At last my elves got to feel how it is to win this season!
And against such a good team and coach, it was like Christmas all over again! :D

Barmution

The bash fest is over:

Only lasting damage was a MNG on my niggled Blocker, so sorry to everybody who needs me and Lars to die horribly. I did kill his killer quite early but he got better. This match was probably decide by the block dice and 2d6 which were both clearly in my favor. Sorry 'bout that, Lars... next time it'll be your time to massacre me.

Thanks for the match!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on January 21, 2014, 09:16:22 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 21, 2014, 03:02:49 PM
Hi Kvasi :)

Right now I'm free on friday, but that might change cause you know... it's friday.

Otherwise I can play daytime on saturday or sunday, any of those suit you?

Friday looks like it's busy for me.

I'm going out Saturday evening, but daytime could work, aim for 12:00 or something?

Golden, can you confirm 12:00 tomorrow? If not, I might make other plans.

Luiggi

I'll need a confirmation from hakos as well. Is Sunday at 21.00 ok?

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on January 24, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
I'll need a confirmation from hakos as well. Is Sunday at 21.00 ok?

That should work just fine. See you then.

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: kvasilad on January 24, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

Right now I'm free on friday, but that might change cause you know... it's friday.

I'm going out Saturday evening, but daytime could work, aim for 12:00 or something?

Hi sorry, been a busy week. 12.00 works for me, see you then of you are still able to.

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 24, 2014, 11:15:49 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 24, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

Hi sorry, been a busy week. 12.00 works for me, see you then of you are still able to.

Yup, still works! See you then.

tags

Logged in now, ready when you are.

tags

A frustrating match, very little went right for The Partly Animals in the 2-1 loss against The Silver Hunters.

The dice really tells (almost) the whole story:
D6: -3.54 against 12.38
2D6: -15.88 against 27.32

Only thing that isn't shown is that I actually got very lucky to score the one TD I did, afer being in a bad spot. But otherwise, this was a pretty miserable match for me. Even the fireball failed to do much.

The Golden Arrow

Yeah, you were really unlucky but had some good kick off results and made some impressive elf plays that almost got you a draw anyway.

Mr B

Nice to see the TV getting up.
Might be interesting putting the former Champs of Undead again.  ;D