S14 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

WELCOME! Dear listeners, today we're bringing you a treat from the beautiful chaos fields where the Chaotic Dudes will clash with the Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers. Unfortunately I very first have to apologize beforehand if my match reporting at any point seems a bit unclear. You see, we are right here in the smack middle of the biggest blizzard ever seen at the this side of the Nipple Hills and therefore visibility to the field is somewhat limited. Okay, I hear the starting whistle, I heard a rumour that the Chaotic Dudes will be starting in the attack. Hmm... That was probably the sound of a rotten flesh leather so the Whistlers must've kicked off! Wait, now I hear shuffling! Definate shuffling! Can't make out what's happening. What? Perfect defence! Yes, that must be it! The Whistlers are chaning their lineup in the fly! Or shuffle, as that truly is the speed of flight for the zombie folk. Now there are sounds of hitting and grunts! Somebody's coming off the field! Who is it? Can't see... Why, it's the zombie Moriarty! Knocked out! Chaos have taken the first blood! What was that?! Sounded like a stray dog kicked by my neighbourhood butcher, that's what it was, definately, I hear that all the time. Oh! It's Freki the werewolf, they're carrying the beast off the field, looks like she's dead! No, wait, the Whistlers' necromantic coach is dangling a meat pie over Freki's snout! And... Yes, she's OK! But off the game! Looks like the Chaos folks are getting into groove. Or sounds like it, I should say. Can't see a bugger in this blizzard, reminds me of the time I got lost under some heavy undergarment at madam Busty's. You know she had a strange cow.... Yeah, let's leave that at another time. Another cry! Or a roar I should say! Something big is being carried off the field... It's Krakrieg the minotaur! Knocked out of his senses. Well, you really shouldn't say that, minotaurs are not known to be very senseful. I mean who goes on building labyrinths in the middle of nowhere, fills them up with treasures and just sits there waiting for some poor bugger to wonder in and try to steal the loot. I mean, if I was a minotaur with a fortune in gold, I'd find me a nice heffer, buy out some grassy land by some cosy lake...  Wait a minute! Somebody else is also being carried off the field... PROXIWINTER the chaos warrior! Looks like his knee is smashed in, but don't worry Chaos side has a professional doctor in their ranks, and I hear he is very good at fixing knees... Yes, he did it! Proxiwinter's knee is fine! But unfortunately it looks like the doctor managed to concuss the poor fellow in the process... Oh! The doctor smacked the chaos warrior in the head with the warrior's knee and the chaos giant seems to be coming to senses, too bad that his knee is busted again. He won't be playing with that knee for some time. Let's see what's happening on the field! There's snow. Lots of snow. Looks like it's flying quite horizantally. Looks kind of pretty actually. Ok, let's try listening into what's happening on the field...
Something big just fell down hard! Another player coming out! FAR-NOGOR! The injury expert himself is hurt badly! Crowd closest to the field is chanting Geri the werewolf's name, so he must've gotten to the beastman! Three chaos players out already and two of them out for rest of the game! What now, was that thunder? Is is thundering also? In the middle of a blizzard? And ahat was that flash? Oh, it looked like a fireball! That was definately a sound of a ball hitting the ground! A yelp! Happy one this time! The werewolf must've gotten the ball. Lot's of shuffling and grunting now... Oh, seems like somebody is trying to sell fresh rat meat as a rotten and a this has caused a fight in the stands. Can't here nothing from the field... This is really exciting! Now I heard a loud klang! Hey, why is the Whistlers' necromancer waving his arms? They're carrying Shi-Mulgor dead off the field! They tried to toss him into the chaos pit but the necromancer seems to have recruited the beastman to his side right in the middle of a game! Talk about a turn-coat! Changing sides at the middle of a game... Oh! Crowd behind the Chaotic Dudes' endzone is going wild! They're yelling a TD! It's a TD! Whistlers go ahead, and judging by the sound of that wolf call the scorer was noneother than Geri the Greedy!
Welcome back to the second half of the exciting game of Blood Bowl! Blizzard is still alive and doing well but I managed to confirm at the half time that the Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers are truly ahead by 1 TD... That's a sound of a hoove hitting leather! Chaos side has kicked off! What now, what is that sound? Sounds like a blind zebra being mugged by a drunken bunch of hunters... Don't ask me how I know that sound, it's an interesting story... Oh, ref is being bandaged by the doctor! He must've slipped and hit himself to the fist of some unfortunate spectaror. Refs really should be more careful, the spectator could've gotten hurt. Let's see... I mean hear, what's going on. Hmm, sounds like a hairy fist hitting something, armor and bones rattling together, a loud thud. Oh, another one of Whistlers' wights is being carried here! Knocked out cold! Some howling now, something being torn, cry of pain... It's Shigors the beastman! Knocked out also. Sounds like wrestling... or maybe intense love-making, but considering the circumstances I find my first theory to be more accurate. Ball hitting ground! Definately! Wolf-call... Hitting... Shuffling... Nose-picking, I can hear a nose ring tingling... Bones clanking... Sherlock the zombie is coming out, knocked out! Wolf-yelp! Ball hitting the ground! Bones hitting the ground! Hercule the zombie being carried out! Badly hurt it seems, but nothing that a bit of glue and necromancy can't fix, I dare to guess. From the sounds of it, the game seems to have degenerated into a free-for-all scuffle! Sounds of pain, agony! Warfagors limping off badly hurt! Teddy the golem being carted off! Whistle! The match has ended! And the result is... Hey, do you guys know the result? Yeah, I know it's snowing! I thought you troll folks were supposed to see well in snow, being you live up there in the mountains and all... I mean talk about dumb, if I had the size and brawn of you folks, I'd take a job in a pub, working as a door man. I mean who would dare to cause trouble with me if I was a thousand pounds of rock-hard muscles with fuse and brains size of a pee.. Or maybe in the brother, the perks might be... Yeah, that's what I would do, not living up there in the mountains, sitting down so quiet that little folks mistake me for a rock and sit on my face. Talk about dumb.... Hey, get off me you big! AAAAARRGGGHH!
-------------------

Well, the match ended 0-1 for the Whistlers. The game was decided on the first half when I got lucky with the injury rolls: first I got the chaos minotaur knocked out and shortly thereafter SI'd one of his chaos warriors and then BH'd his star-beastman with the piling on, MB, claw and all kinds of nasty. With the upper hand and a bit of help from Wizard's fireball I managed to stop the offence and score the go-ahead. Second half was much more even with the Chaos slowly gaining man advantage with their superior hitting skills but I managed to hang on and keep the ball deep in the chaos side off the field so Lars couldn't score the equalizer when he finally got it. So, a normal game between two bashy sides: the one that gets the injuries early on usually wins. Could've gone either way.

Barmution

Mad Science Fair is somewhat back on form:

Hakos played a great match and tied me up to such an extent that he always seemed to have a shot at the ball. Only crowd surfing and Hakos' unlucky block dice when it counted saved me from a defeat this match. GG and thanks for a great match, Hakos! You're really getting the hang of this now, mate, and doing so with Humans is no mean feat. Look out for Getingarna, guys, there might be a big future for these lads!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Thanks, it sure was both a fun and friendly game :)

/hakos

Luiggi

Hey there, I watched your game live and it was really interesting. I saw there was a wizard issue there (remember, folks, don't wait too long to use it or it will bug!!!).

I'm surprised the humans only got one badly hurt player, there were a lot of depitchings! Remember, try not to overcommit to the sidelines when the other team has 3 frenzy players :D Nice chain pushes from Barm, though, classy stuff.

I was looking forward to a couple of mighty blows or tackles removed from the hummies for my next match day, but I guess I'll have to face a full force. We'll see if the rats gather a full force as well, I'm not so sure these gutter runners can take any more punishment without permanent damage...

Speaking of that... kvasilad, I can play on Sunday at 19.00. I'll see you on the pitch!

hakos

Aha, I assume Luiggi was among the first spectators to run down and hit my poor players while they were down and out of the field. :)

Glad we could entertain you.

About the wizard, I did not know about that bug so it was very unintentional from my side. Will be quicker next time. That is a really bad bug that really can affect the play quite a lot. I'm quite surprised it even exists.

About the sidelines, I was very much aware of frenzy and I played around it all the time except for the time there I saw the possibility to get a 2D block on his ballcarrier. I was fully prepared to get crowd surfed with one or maybe two players there. But I felt it was worth it if I could get the ball loose. But 3 players pushed of the field in one turn, THAT I did not expect. It was some really nice chain pushes from Barm that I did not see coming.

Looking forward to some, shall we say, less violent opposition now, but after playing against the chaos two times in a row I will probably be very surprised about not being the fastest team on the pitch

/Hakos

J-Reedy

What's the wizzy bug you're talking about? I also haven't heard about that. I know of a willy bug that makes your willy sting when you pee, though, but that's not probably it.

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 17, 2014, 10:44:38 AM
What's the wizzy bug you're talking about? I also haven't heard about that. I know of a willy bug that makes your willy sting when you pee, though, but that's not probably it.

You can use the wizard as the first action of your turn (no problem here) or as the last action of your turn. For the latter, you are given 15 seconds after you hit End Turn or suffer a turnover (iirc). If you use it quickly, there are no problems. However, if you wait too much and use it when the 15 second timer is about to finish, the game considers the fireball/bolt to be an action made within the opposition's turn.

As you imagine, if the wizard knocks the ball loose and the game considers that action to happen in the carrier's turn, he suffers a turnover. This gives the wizard team 2 straight turns.

Oh, by the way hakos, I was one of the spectators kicking your players but you can't complain about it, they didn't injure anybody! Also, we play each other next match, so I think you won't outrun skaven :D (you will outbash them for sure, though).

Barmution

Glad to hear that we provided some quality entertainment, Luiggi ;D

I was really impressed with Hakos not only hanging in there but putting me in sticky situations and pressuring me despite him playing a traditionally 2nd tier team with a severe TV difference in my favor too. IMO he timed it right but I got off bc of my Frenzy Centaur has BT + Dodge and also Hakos getting really unlucky with his shots at my ball-carrier. Considering he played without ever needing that extra apo (100k out the window) and the wizard not really making any difference in the end I consider him the moral winner of this match. However, you never know when Nuffle will throw you a curveball so I'll take any win he gives me, fair or not, and I suspect that I share that mentality with the majority of coaches here  ;)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on January 17, 2014, 11:20:31 AM
You can use the wizard as the first action of your turn (no problem here) or as the last action of your turn.

I can use the wizard first in my turn??? I didn't know that. I thought I could only use him at the end of my turn. That's really interesting, thanks for the information.

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Equilibri. The guys performed well this time around and he had a few key bad rolls that let me control the game pretty well. I put a lot of pressure on him the first drive (with the help of a perfect defence) and pushed him back into his side and managed to steal the ball. It kinda went downhill from there.

Luiggi

Meh, I must have forgotten about your message for Sunday, kvasilad.

Would Tuesday at 20.15 be OK for you? That's the earliest I can play.

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on January 19, 2014, 06:06:46 PM

Tuesday is the only day I can't play. If you can't play Monday, then every day from Wednesday and out should be good with me (evening-ish)

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on January 20, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

Tuesday is the only day I can't play. If you can't play Monday, then every day from Wednesday and out should be good with me (evening-ish)

Well, then let's try tonight at 21.30, since I'll be away from Wednesday until Sunday :(

I finish work at 21.15, I should be home at 21.30 but it's possible that I arrive a few minutes later, please be patient if that happens :D

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on January 20, 2014, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 20, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

Well, then let's try tonight at 21.30, since I'll be away from Wednesday until Sunday :(

I finish work at 21.15, I should be home at 21.30 but it's possible that I arrive a few minutes later, please be patient if that happens :D

Ok, tonight at 2115-30-something-ish it is!

Luiggi