S14 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

GG kvasilad, my team failed the key rolls and I ended up paying the price. I even got lucky with the blitz in the last drive but failing my -2d blocks (90% of success) against the carrier in the last turn doomed me.

I somehow feel I could have secured a draw if I had played safer, but when you have a high chance of securing a win I think it's worth it to take risks. Today I took 2 (the last pass in the first half an blocking the carrier instead of the receiver in the last one), both with a very decent success chance, and failed. We'll see if I can turn this around next game. It will surely be tough against hakos' hummies.

Getting -14 2d6 didn't help a bit either. You played good defence though, and your Wardancer made a good job at removing rats from the pitch. GG again and good luck next games (I still hope your wardancer dies horribly, though).

tags

The final match of day 5 has been played, and The Partly Animals have it in a bit of a nuffling.

My elves had clearly put on their toughest AV7 leather, as the rats broke armour on 5 out of 18 knockdowns. Ouch.

Quite the nailbiter, ending at 3-2, and most of the TD's could quite easily have gone the other way, in a flurry of takeaways and ballcarrier hunting season. Even at the very last turn, Ratdonald's had set up for a quite plausible one-turner with their multiple MA9's, only to have it ruined by a pitch invasion.

So thanks for the game, sorry about the dice, but I can't help but feel I had some good dice coming after last week.

Quote from: Luiggi on January 20, 2014, 11:38:58 PM
I somehow feel I could have secured a draw if I had played safer, but when you have a high chance of securing a win I think it's worth it to take risks. Today I took 2 (the last pass in the first half an blocking the carrier instead of the receiver in the last one), both with a very decent success chance, and failed.

Well, I applaud that. It's how I try to play as well. Sometimes it will really screw you over, but when it works, it really is the most thrilling feeling in the game if you ask me. Today, the dice were clearly on my side.

Quote from: Luiggi on January 20, 2014, 11:38:58 PM
(I still hope your wardancer dies horribly, though).

Everyone does :D

1 down, 1 to go. Except the fact that rookie wardancers ain't that shabby either.

Good luck going forward, and may the dice turn around for you now that you're playing others :D