S14 - Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Luiggi

Hello,

I'll try to post all the possibilities for this tense end of season match day... a real nail biter with 5 teams fighting for 2 spots!

For this report I'm assuming the following tie-breakers: TD difference, Direct confrontation, TDs against, TDs for. Admins, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So, here are the combinations.

First, the two teams on the lead, who battle each other: Mad Science Fair and Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers!

Whoever wins secures a spot! The loser might have a chance if neither Ratdonald's, The Partly Animals or The Silver Hunters win! In the event of a draw, they would both make it in case the other teams draw. If RD's, TSH, GWW and MSF draw (allow me to use the acronyms to save some time), TPA would have to win by a 4 TD margin to make it through! However, if they win by 3 TDs, it's a triple tie on top, with MSF and GWW making it through because of their defence!

Let's look at the other three contestants, with 10 points each: all of them need a win to secure a spot, but some have it easier than others!

The chances for The Partly Animals (who face Chaotic Dudes, a team with nothing big at stake, since they will finish 6th or 7th no matter what) are as follows: Only a win works for them, plus MSF or GWW have to lose, and RD's and TSH have to tie. Then they'd make it through! As noted previously, in case TSH and GWW tie, they'd need a 4+ lead to make it.

The last direct duel of the day is Ratdonald's vs The Silver Hunters (who have made an exceptional comeback, by the way!). This one is easier though, whoever wins will get a ticket to the final, unless TPA manage to win by a whooping 7 TDs (or more, depending on the final result).

It seems the league has effectively two semi-finals going on: Barmution vs J-Reedy and The Golden Arrow vs Luiggi. However, in the event of one or two draws, kvasilad might clinch a seat in the finals!

I wouldn't like to finish this message without mentioning the other match of the day: Klar Karond Seahaws vs Getingarna. It will show who gets the unfortunate last spot of the league, and could be a great spectacle between two teams who play very dynamically.

J-Reedy

Thanks for the nice playoff scenario report Luiggi!

Okey-dokey Barm, time to see if science will triumph over slapstick. Here are my OK starting times, CET/GMT+1:

- Tuesday 20-21
- Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 18-20
- Saturday - will let you know later, if nescessary, probably whole evening will work

Let me know if any of these suits you, sir.

Barmution

The only one of those you listed I can do is Saturday evening so far. No chance of playing tonight (Monday) at 20-21?

-Barm

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on January 27, 2014, 09:15:24 AM
The only one of those you listed I can do is Saturday evening so far. No chance of playing tonight (Monday) at 20-21?

- Barm

Sorry, can't do tonight, Monday night is reserved for my board gaming group. Saturday should however work, just pick a time and I'll plan my day around it.

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the status report Luiggi. This really is a must win game.

I can play tonight and maybe on Friday and maybe on Sunday.

Luiggi

I can only play on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, so I guess the latter is our best bet. Is 20.00 ok for you?

hakos

Ok Equilibri, as Luiggi say's.

Let's play about the honor. I do not want to finish last.

I can play most evenings except tuesday. This week I would prefer not to play during the weekend since I have much to do then. But I can squeeze in a game there if that is the only opportunity.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 27, 2014, 09:48:22 AM
Sorry, can't do tonight, Monday night is reserved for my board gaming group. Saturday should however work, just pick a time and I'll plan my day around it.
I can certainly sympathize with boardgaming ;D

How about 1800 on Saturday then?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Luiggi on January 27, 2014, 10:19:53 AM
I can only play on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, so I guess the latter is our best bet. Is 20.00 ok for you?

Later would be better, when is the latest you can start?

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on January 27, 2014, 12:13:10 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on January 27, 2014, 09:48:22 AM
I can certainly sympathize with boardgaming ;D

How about 1800 on Saturday then?
Cool, are you on Boardgamegeek?
Or shall we start a board game chatty forum in here?

Luiggi

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 27, 2014, 12:30:17 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on January 27, 2014, 10:19:53 AM

Later would be better, when is the latest you can start?

I guess I can stretch an extra half an hour and start at 20.30, would that be enough?

Otherwise we could try Friday morning, not sure if that's an option for you though.

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on January 27, 2014, 04:35:04 PM
I have an old user on BGG but haven't used it in a while. I know that kvasi's a boardgamer too so maybe a subforum here would be cool? ;D

A current favourite is Terra Mystica. So many different factions (with a lot of variety), so many options and yet so balanced!

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on January 27, 2014, 06:24:43 PM
I have an old user on BGG but haven't used it in a while. I know that kvasi's a boardgamer too so maybe a subforum here would be cool? ;D

A current favourite is Terra Mystica. So many different factions (with a lot of variety), so many options and yet so balanced!
Ahh, indeed we have played that some games also.
Very interesting to understand what to do and at what point.

Cya in the BGG section then.

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on January 27, 2014, 06:30:14 PM
Quote from: Barmution on January 27, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

Ahh, indeed we have played that some games also.
Very interesting to understand what to do and at what point.

Cya in the BGG section then.

Cool, I'm a board gamer as well. Will attend GothCon (big, ~2000 persons, game convention in Gothenburg)this year (as I have done for 24 years straight now). Saw Terra Mystica in the folder and was a bit interested. Now I will make sure to test it out.

/hakos