Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Luiggi on January 28, 2014, 01:49:45 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 28, 2014, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on January 27, 2014, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 27, 2014, 12:30:17 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on January 27, 2014, 10:19:53 AM
I can only play on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, so I guess the latter is our best bet. Is 20.00 ok for you?

Later would be better, when is the latest you can start?

I have a meeting at nine but will probably be ready by then. I will do what I can to finish before then, but just a heads up.

I guess I can stretch an extra half an hour and start at 20.30, would that be enough?

Otherwise we could try Friday morning, not sure if that's an option for you though.

I could do Friday morning, when do you want to start?

11.00 would be perfect for me, can you play at that time?

I have a meeting at nine but will probably finish before then. I will do what I can to be there on time but just a heads up.

Luiggi

Np, don't rush it if you don't need to. As long as we start before 12, I can manage (11 is still preferable though, but "meeting" sounds more important than Bloodbowl :D

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on January 30, 2014, 10:27:24 AM
Np, don't rush it if you don't need to. As long as we start before 12, I can manage (11 is still preferable though, but "meeting" sounds more important than Bloodbowl :D
11 is also the very core number for Bloodbowl and Nuffle herself.  ;D

hakos

Quote from: equilibri on January 29, 2014, 07:40:34 PM
Quote from: hakos on January 29, 2014, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: equilibri on January 29, 2014, 01:05:24 PM
Well, friday could work as well, if we start a bit earlier, around 17:00. How about it?

I'm not 100% certain I can make that time, but I will try, will let you know if it does not work out for me.

/Hakos

Then lets say 17:30 if that works better for you!

Ok, let's settle for friday 17:30

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2014, 09:02:44 PM
Quote from: equilibri on January 29, 2014, 07:40:34 PM
Quote from: hakos on January 29, 2014, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: equilibri on January 29, 2014, 01:05:24 PM
Well, friday could work as well, if we start a bit earlier, around 17:00. How about it?

I'm not 100% certain I can make that time, but I will try, will let you know if it does not work out for me.

/Hakos

Then lets say 17:30 if that works better for you!

Ok, let's settle for friday 17:30

/hakos

Sounds great!
See u tomorrow at 17:30!

Luiggi

After a very fought match that could have gone either way, Ratdonald's has obtained a very important 2-1 victory against a strong opposition and a skilled coach. Nuffled bailed me out of some critical mistakes, and also paved the way with the first kick-off event.

The game was marked by a turn 1 blitz when Necro received. A shallow kick made it possible for the rats to set up a cage, and score a 1 turner on defence. The game became very difficult for The Silver Hunters from that point on, since Skaven had the upper hand. After using the wizard on the wrong ghoul (the one covering, not the carrier!), the rats still managed to knock the ball loose, trying to score a quick 2-0 to finish off the game. However, TGA came back impressively and finished the half by scoring a desperate touchdown in a very dangerous Pouring Rain. 1-1.

The second half started badly for the rats, with snake eyes on the pick up roll. However, only a zombie was around to mark the ball... the backfield, though was a battlefield. Werewolves and zombies surrounded the rats, which managed to stay in the pitch after some impressively bad 2d6 rolls from the Hunters. That, coupled with two Knock Outs on the two Wights, allowed the rats to outnumber the opposition that drive. However, many risky rolls had to be made to put the ball in the end zone, and the defence had plenty of single dice on the carrier to knock the ball loose. Still, Ronald Ratdonald (agi 5) saved the day with amazing ball handling, blitzing and dodging.

With two turns to go, the rain gave way to sweltering heat, and The Silver Hunters, out of rerolls, attempted a passing play, but the ball was fumbled by the agi 5 Wight and, with the only receiver knocked down afterwards, the match was over.

Great, intense game, TGA, sorry about your bad dice, it's been very entertaining and open. Thanks for the game.

PS: Any chances of Barmution vs J-Reedy being streamed? I'm away from home but I'd love to watch that game live!

equilibri

33'000 had come to see what team would be the last team in the league, and they got what they paid for!
An intense game that would wait for the last turn to settle!

The rain was pouring down heavily over the field, and that made the ball very slippery, which both teams got their shared deal of...

First half the elves got the ball and tried a left-side slow defensive advance, but the humans knocked out a couple of elves, and pushed a couple out for the audience to handle, so the pointy-earz (sorry, already going in to my orch-role for next season) had no chance scoring...
One of the runners tried dodging out to get in a better position, but the slippery field almost killed 'im... Thank Mork for the great Apothecary the team had...

Second half the oomies.... Sorry, humans, tried a pass in the first turn...
Not a good idea...
The ball missed its target and the AG5 witch elf got the ball in her hands.

Now it was only defensive play that followed, but this game the Imperial armor of "Getingarna", not even da un of da ogre, wasn't tough enough to withstand the aggressive elves, so finally the pointy-earz got da ball in to da endzone...

Thanx fur da game, hakos!

Waaaaaggghhh da Freeeebooooterz!!!!

--- transmission lost ---

Sorry, bout that... See u next season in a greener form... :D

hakos

Thanks for the game, it sure was intense, with a lot of fumbling.

I think there were two decisive factors for this game. My bad armor and the decision of that pass in turn 9. I could just have walked into a cage instead, which I would have done in at least 9/10 matches. Now I wanted to farm some SPP to level up my guy, but it backfired badly.

Anyway, time to consider what to play next, will probably be some heavy hitting team.

/hakos

Luiggi

It seems next season might get gruesome... With equilibri and hakos going bashy, and me considering some mutant action (nurgle or chaos), it sure will get violent fast :D The thing is these races are not that dangerous for their first 10-20 matches, so it might take a while to see those super bloody outcomes.

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Luiggi. It was very entertaining and well played from both sides and I had lots of fun even with the first turn.

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on January 31, 2014, 01:16:01 PMPS: Any chances of Barmution vs J-Reedy being streamed? I'm away from home but I'd love to watch that game live!
Sorry, I haven't got any streaming accounts :(
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on February 01, 2014, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on January 31, 2014, 01:16:01 PMPS: Any chances of Barmution vs J-Reedy being streamed? I'm away from home but I'd love to watch that game live!
Sorry, I haven't got any streaming accounts :(

No biggie, Barm, I'll check the result later.

By the way, I made a small miscalculation about td average, if you two draw, that triple tie at the top will get messy to decypher :D.

Barmution

Play-offs, baby!

Thanks to J-Reedy for making in interesting in spite of overwhelming snowballing in the 2nd half. Those whistlers really are gents!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

So, we get the same final as last season. Time for your revenge, Barm.

Barmution

Heh, we'll see about that. Your team is such a bunch of stat-freaks... I've just got to pray that the wizard fizzles or that your rats die in droves :p