S14 - Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

- I say, what's the club we'll be playing against today?
- It's those scientific circus folks.
- Oh, the carny-midgets, those folks with the funny hats! This should be a fun little outing.
- All righty gentlemen, unfortunately I have to say that there aren't any whistle-inducers on the opposing side today, but let not that get you down. There's always some fine whistling material in the stands, so keep an eye out for them but remember to keep your eye on the ball also!
------
- What kind of stadium is this? There's fire coming from those cracks. Are we hovering over something? I feel like we're hovering here!
- Oh, don't worry mr. Orson, I'm sure there's a sound scientific principle behind everything.
- I say, do you see that nurse over there?
- What, where?
- There, in the injury dugout, there's a nurse on the injury dugout of both sides and ours is a whopper!
- Oh, now I see her! Yes, a double-whopper even so. WHEE-WHEE!
- Nice wolf-call mr. Geri. But shouldn't we be kicking off now?
- Right you are, those scientific folks chose to receive, so let's give the ball to them!
------
- Oh now, looks like mr. Hercule got knocked out. How unfortunate a happenstance.
- Well, do not worry, I'm sure coach and the injury crew will get him fixed up in no time.
- Oh boy, did you see that?
- What, where, how, what?
- That whistle-inducing nurse just kissed mr. Hercule on the cheek!
- WHAT! Don't tell that to anybody else.
- Why shouldn't I mr. Auric?
- It would upset the others, I'm sure of that, so stay quite mr. Avery.
- Oh, if you say so.
------
- How peculiar, mr Auric got knocked out from a blow I've seen him take dozens of times. You know, the elbow crack to the face. He says he got so used to receiving that blow from his wife while he was alive, that it only feels kind of tickly nowadays.
- Oh now, Droopy got knocked out also!
- What, from that puny slap? Mr. Avery usually shakes those off quite easily.
- Gummo's down! His jaw is broken.
- What a ghoulish affair!
- Gummo is having an affair? I thought he wasn't married?
- Oh, poor choice of words, mr. Arsene! LOOK OUT! That wasn't very nice, mr. centaur, hitting a fellow when he is having a nice chat. But I must recommend you on your fashion sense, that hat really does suit you.
-----
- Ball is out!
- Finally. Well, I'll go get it then.
- You do that, lady Freki!
- I say, she is a wizard with that ball. OH, LOOK OUT FOR...
- That looked like a nasty hit, is she...
- Yes, knocked out. It was that fashionable centaur again.
- Well, looks they get the score anyways, I thought we had them there for a moment.
- Don't worry, mr. Geri, I'm sure we'll be okay when our players recover from the knock outs!
-------
- I say, why is only lady Freki back from the KO bench? Where are the rest? Do you know anything of that, lady Freki?
- It's that whistle-inducing nurse - if she is a nurse, maybe we should check her crendentials - looks like she don't know any other way to treat patients than to caress them in her arms and kiss them on the forehead or cheeks.
- DON'T... Well, you said it. Hope everybody didn't hear that... Alrighty boys, looks like we won't get the TD, not enough time for score! Let's prepare for the second half!
------
- NO, I DON'T WANT TO GO! LET ME BACK!
- GET HERE ON THE FIELD, MR. HERCULE! AND YOU TOO, MR. AVERY, I SAW YOUR EYES FLAME UP!
- Damn that nurse, why does she has to be that whistle-inducing. Well, at least we have 11 gentlemen on the field... Let's go the work gentlemen!
-----
- Ahem, I say, mr. Sherlock, do you know where everybody has gone? Looks like it's just four of us, mr. Teddy and lady Freki here and those scientific folks have taken the ball away?
- Well, mr. Moriarty, I have to deduce that we have been struck by an injury bug caused by that affectionate nurse.
- What nurse?
- That one over there, haven't you seen her? Everybody is talking about her and how she treats wounds with kisses.
- Oh. OH! Now I see her. Oh my, seems like that dwarfish fellow is going to block us, let me handle this, dear Sherlock.
- You be my guest, mr. Moriarty...
CRACK!
- Oh, do get mr. Moriarty, you can't really suggest to me that that small blow broke your jaw! I remember your little party trick that you do with your jaw! You said you broke it couple of centuries ago and you can... Oh, well, looks like it's up to me to do the heroics, should be simple, I just dodge out, like this... Oh, almost slipped there... Like this... Oh, no...
------

Well, Barm got the win and the ticket to the finals. No complaints here, war of attrition just turned slowly into Barm's favour as it should with the skill-set of his players. I had a distant chance to equalize at one point with a 1d frenzy+dodge combo that turned into 1d block, 1d block, dodge, dodge and the final dodge proved to be too much and after that it was clear sailing for Barm with me being 5 players down at that point. I think I ended the game with three zombies and werewolf on the field. So good luck in the finals for both Barm and Luiggi!