S14 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, December 15, 2013, 01:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

It's a new dawn, it's a new day... Play on folks!

J-Reedy

Okey Kvasi, time to see how your rookie wardancer will do against my old whistling folk. Here are my OK starting times for the next few days (CET/GMT+1):
- Tuesday 17-21
- Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 17-19
- Friday not sure, probably some room here, will let you know later if nescessary
- Saturday 18-23

Let me know if any of those suit you, sir.

Barmution

Hi Golden!

This week I'm mainly available to start Tuesday 19-21 and Thursday 19-21. I can probably do Saturday evening and early Sunday too if need be. How about you?

Cheers,
-Barm

Edit: Saturday evening is now out.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 06, 2014, 10:03:36 AM
Okey Kvasi, time to see how your rookie wardancer will do against my old whistling folk. Here are my OK starting times for the next few days (CET/GMT+1):
- Tuesday 17-21
- Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 17-19
- Friday not sure, probably some room here, will let you know later if nescessary
- Saturday 18-23

Let me know if any of those suit you, sir.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few whistlers have a taste for the... less mature scantily dressed players of the female persuasion. I'm sure she won't stay innocent for long.

Tuesday at 19:00 sounds good to me!

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on January 06, 2014, 12:07:30 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if a few whistlers have a taste for the... less mature scantily dressed players of the female persuasion. I'm sure she won't stay innocent for long.

Tuesday at 19:00 sounds good to me!

It's a date, mate!

equilibri

Luiggi!

So its time again for elves vs rats. I can play the following times:

Wed 8/1: 18:00->

Thur 9/1: 18:00->

Sat 10/1: During the day. Around 12:00 and until around 18:00.

So, what do you think?

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Barmution on January 06, 2014, 11:11:41 AM
Hi Golden!

This week I'm mainly available to start Tuesday 19-21 and Thursday 19-21. I can probably do Saturday evening and early Sunday too if need be. How about you?

Cheers,
-Barm

I'm sorry but I can't give you a date yet. Of those time only Thursday is possible (or maybe, possibly sunday). I will come back to you, otherwise I'm free next monday if you can make that work.

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 06, 2014, 11:30:49 PM
Hi Golden!

Cheers,
-Barm

I'm sorry but I can't give you a date yet. Of those time only Thursday is possible (or maybe, possibly sunday). I will come back to you, otherwise I'm free next monday if you can make that work.
Monday evening (1900-2100) works for me.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: equilibri on January 06, 2014, 03:46:44 PM
Luiggi!

So, what do you think?

My only chance is Saturday. Let's kick off at 12.00!

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Barmution on January 07, 2014, 09:40:41 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 06, 2014, 11:30:49 PM
Hi Golden!

Cheers,
-Barm

Monday evening (1900-2100) works for me.

-Barm

OK, thursday is out and Sunday is dodgy so lets say Monday at 20.00 then?

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 07, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
OK, thursday is out and Sunday is dodgy so lets say Monday at 20.00 then?
You've got yourself a deal, my good man ;D

J-Reedy

- I say, dear chaps, looks like the coach is once again dreaming of those cheerleaders. I better handle the attack formation today. Is that agreeable with every one?
- Right-ho, Geri chap, what should we do? It seems that the nice referee has decided that we'll be receiving.
- Well, Mr. Orson, you see that tall gentleman over there? One with the green hair, looks a bit wooden. I'd like you to make pleasant conversation with him and make sure he doesn't move anywhere.
- I'll do my best, Geri old man. Maybe I'll try one of my anecdotes from the 400 year war, I took part in that one. Of course, I was only active for two weeks, the remaining years I was granted the KIA status, but I had fun nevertheless.
- Right-ho chaps, I'll take the ball. What are those elven folks doing? Why are they changing their defencive formation all of the sudden, didn't they already kick-off?
- Right they did, I can see the ball flying there.
- Well, that is not very nice, this is very upsetting. But let us not complain, we are gentlemen after all. And now, don't you forget that those nice elven folks have a new, very fetching young elf maiden in their ranks, playing her very first game of this fine sports. Don't remember to whistle to her every time you lay eyes on her, I'm sure she'll appreciate that!
- WOO-WOO!
- That's the spirit, Mr. Sherlock.
- I say, that wasn't very nice from that tree-resembling elven gentleman, trying to smash Mr. Orson's jaw like that.
- Lucky for Mr. Orson that he has such a common bone formation, coach always seems to have spare parts that fit Mr. Orson. And at least Mr. Orson's conversation managed to root that tree-like gentleman.
- I say, was that the older elven maiden that just smashed Buster's hip? She really should've been more carefull, Mr. Buster is not as flexible in the hip region as before. Well, at least that elven maiden didn't manage to pick up the ball that Mr. Buster dropped. She must've still been transfixed by the close proximity to Mr. Buster's hip region. But now Gentlemen, it would seem that we are out-numbered, so I suggest we try to do something to even the amount of personnel on our respective sides!
- That was a fine feint, Mr. Geri! How unfortunate that the older elven maiden hurt herself badly while trying to hit on you!
- Indeed, Mr. Wolfe, it is always sad to see any whistle inducer hurt herself. I really should try to reign down my natural charm. How fortunate, that the elven gentleman with the doctoral decree managed to revive the young maiden. But I say, would it be timely if I now ran to the end zone and scored a touchdown? I think this half has been quite exciting already with three fumbles. Would you please be so kind, lady Freki, and give me boost by pushing that nice owlish looking elven chap to my direction? Preferebly so that he is removed from the field of activity. I really wouldn't like to have to try to go over my limits, you know.
- Right-how, Mr. Geri. Will do. Is that good for you? Seems the nice elven chap was knocked out and you're a bit closer to the endzone.
- Perfect, lady Freki. Right-how chaps, I'm off to the goal line, I'll meet you in the pit later.
- Cheerio!
- I say chaps, I am thinking that we should copy that move that the nice elven folks did at the start of the first half. So, when Mr. Hercule kicks off the ball, I want all of us to change formation. Does that sound something you could do, dear chaps?
- Right-ho! WOO-WOOO!
- What, oh, there's that nice young elven maiden, well spotted Auric! WOO-WOO!
- I say, those elven maidens seem to trying to move the ball to our endzone and we are a bit off position to prevent them. Well, we better be sporty, chaps. Let's give them a nice chorus of wolf-whistles to thank them for providing such an enchanting rear view of their bouncing lower back regions!
- WOOOOOO-WOOOO! WOOOO-WOOOO!
- WHIT-WHEEEEEWWW!
- WOOT-WOOT!
- Oh dear, chaps, it seems we startled the younger maiden, she dropped the ball and it rolled to the stands. Oh, now some nice young men from the stands threw the ball back. How unfortunate that he missed the elven maidens. Well, Mr. Wolfe and Lady Freki, do you think you could reach the ball and give me some security while I try to pick it up?
- Of course, dear Mr. Geri.
- I say, lady Freki, it seems that the nice elven folks have become too tired to get up. I think we should probably end this match before they get too exhausted. Could you run a bit ahead so that I can toss the ball to you?
- I will do that promptly, dear mr. Geri.
- Do watch out now, dear lady. Here comes the ball!
- Got it, Mr. Geri. I shall proceed to the endzone now! I will se you later in the victory celebrations!
- Right-ho! Cheeri-o and all that!

Well, this was a serious Nuffling for Kvasilad. He managed to get the ball out from me but then missed a 2+ pickup and I managed to score on the final minutes of the first half. Then the tying TD was prevented by his rookie wardancer rerolling a 1 into a 1 on a handoff. The ball flew into stands and landed so that I got the ball and Kvasi couldn't get it out as he had spent all his rerolls. Sorry for the bad dice Kvasi and better luck in remaining games!

equilibri

Quote from: Luiggi on January 07, 2014, 12:41:30 PM
Quote from: equilibri on January 06, 2014, 03:46:44 PM
Luiggi!

So, what do you think?

My only chance is Saturday. Let's kick off at 12.00!

Perfect! Then we'll clash on saturday! See u then!

Barmution

Amazing write-up, JR. If only I was a polydactyle blessed with another thumb to be able to give you 3 thumbs up... Also, I watched that game and I think that while kvasi was undoubtedly unlucky he was pushing his ag4 to the limits. Some times that works out and some times you get matches like this. Live by the ag, die by the ag.

tags

The Partly Animals suffered a rare shutout in Tuesday night's match against the Gentlemen Wolf-Whisperers. Fans were leaving the stands early as the rookie wardancer Blocking Bird fumbled a simple hand-off reception in the end-zone for the equalizer, thus killing any hope of staying in the game.

Some may consider the early leavers lucky, as they missed the adding of injury to insult, namely the second smashed collar bone in as many weeks. Zaraste, a free-agent pick-up last season who has served as the team's kicker will not be returning to the team. Veteran lineman Ali Gator has now been assigned the kicking role for the foreseeable future.

This was a thoroughly disappointing game featuring a complete collapse of the offence, which clearly underlines how important captain Winemouse was to this team. A lot of question marks are facing this team and its coaching staff going into next week's game against Ratdonald's. Will we see the team come back from its stumble mid-season, or has this organization been sent into a downward spiral of chaos and disarray? Only one way to find out, and unfortunately, it involves patience.

===================================================================

Great write-up indeed J-R, I'm thoroughly enjoying these :)

With regards to pushing ag4 to the max, well... sure I did, but the drives didn't start out that way. Most of those occasions where I took silly chances were set up by putting myself in increasingly desperate situations through a combination of bad play and bad luck, but I really felt luck was the dominant factor in many of them. It's really hard to string together plays with -12.6 d6 luck as an elf, I found. Sure, J-R's d6 weren't exactly stellar either (-7.something if I remember correctly), but he is primarily in the business of establishing contact rather than avoiding it, and had fewer impact plays that would hinge on those rolls.

And sure, I could've made it 1-1 by taking the safe path with my experienced WD without rolling a single dice that turn, but 35/36 is a gamble I will make consistently, even on critical paths. Sure, it'll fail 1/36 times, and yup, I'll be swearing, but it's still a gamble worth taking if there's a significant payoff. I felt that developing my rookie WD while not bloating my experienced one even more was one such payoff.

Starting 2nd half with a 2d treeman block, however, that was really stupid. It's a mistake I've made before and refused to learn from, for some reason. Ultimately, that was not what cost me that drive, but it's still the one mistake that stands out that I would've done differently. Most of my other decisions, I think I would have made again, for better or worse.