UFO

Started by Mr B, January 27, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Never played the Age of Wonders but Finnish gaming magazine Pelit gave it 85/100 which indicates a good but not excellent game and Pelit is usually quite trustworthy in their appraisals. Might give it a go now that it's in my radar and as the game seems to be already below 40 euros in Steam.

Kingdom Builder might be interesting, the theme is just the kind I like. Maybe I'll pick it up if it comes around.

Only "new" game that our group has played lately is the Lords of the Waterdeep, based on the Forgotten Realms world. The game was published three years ago but was reprinted this spring and we only tried it about a month ago. I got excited about and the other players also seemed to like it. It works like Caylus/Agricola in that you have agents that you assign to limited number of tasks. From these tasks you get heroes (warriors/priests/mages/bandits) and money that you can use to complete quests that give you points. My friend got the extension for the game, so tomorrow (Monday) we'll be playing this one and Legendary (my friend got the latest extension for that one also).

Anybody familiar with Through the Ages? It's a bit like light Civilization. We haven't actually played that as a boardgame for ages now because there's very good and accurate online version of the game (http://www.boardgaming-online.com). We've had a 4-player games running well over a year now. If anybody else is playing this online version, let me know and maybe we can get a game going.

Mr B

Have tried this Caverns some rounds now and I like it better than agricola.
Very similar but you have all "cards" in game directly.
So I recommend this.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/102794/caverna-cave-farmers

tags

So, this is borderline boardgame/computer game, but has anyone here played Mordheim?

I never played it on tabletop, but we played a lot of Necromunda back in the days, which seems like a similar concept, except Necromunda was more WH40K, and Mordheim seems more WHFB.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is because a PC game is on its way, and I think it looks promising: http://www.mordheim-cityofthedamned.com/

I've bought the early access (because who am I kidding - I was going to get this in the end anyway), and I like the engine so far, but there's not much content except the actual battle for now... can't create your own warbands, only single exhibition fights etc... but I'm really hoping it shapes up to be good.

Let me know if anyone else buys it, either Early Access or when it's released. I'm definitely up for trying a multiplayer game or two. I've just played around with the AI a bit so far :)

Mr B

Hmm, cool.. have to check it out.

I did play a lot of TT Mordhiem some years back at it was really fun.
Love the small warbands, especially when it comes to the painting part  ;D

Mr B

Yo.. as the activities are so frequent around here..
Anyone bought Galaxy siv 3?
Looks fun but not sure how good it is really.

/B

Mr B

Anyone playing borderlands on ps4 or so?
Lets hook up otherwise...