Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Quote from: Mr B on February 05, 2014, 07:59:06 AM
I'll ask a friend of mine.

It's a Yes, we are now 10.
Just awaiting his arrival here.

/B

Mr B

So, shall we change any rules for Season15..

End the season with a 4 team Cup to settle the winner or keep the top 2 only... or skip that also?
Shall we have a round robin as usual, meaning 9 games each before cup or end of season..?

Or that is settled already?
(I'm not up to date sorry if this is settled already)

Mr B

AAaaand fyi, welcome to S15 everyone, feel free to apply with your new teams or (newisch).

Just search for NUL, and pick Feeder Camp..
Or search for NUL: Feeder camp
PW, campnul

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on February 05, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

End the season with a 4 team Cup to settle the winner or keep the top 2 only... or skip that also?
Shall we have a round robin as usual, meaning 9 games each before cup or end of season..?

This is not decided yet, but I think 4 teams cup would be best for this many teams. With 8 teams 2 team playoffs are OK, but with 10 or 12 I think 4 encourages more competition.

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 06, 2014, 07:50:39 AM
Quote from: Mr B on February 05, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

This is not decided yet, but I think 4 teams cup would be best for this many teams. With 8 teams 2 team playoffs are OK, but with 10 or 12 I think 4 encourages more competition.

Agreed. Top 4 playoff seems fine

/HO

tags

Luiggi

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on February 06, 2014, 12:44:01 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 06, 2014, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: hakos on February 06, 2014, 10:12:51 AM
Agreed. Top 4 playoff seems fine

/HO

Thirded.

Fourthed :P

Seeding is random or 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3?
If that is our wish  ;D, we fix that if client troubles us otherwise.

Gnaarkill

4 player cup sounds great. As J-R said, i think it will encourage the final top battles more  ;D

I will apply with my new team tomorrow.

/Gnaar

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

I don't mean to be picky but maybe the dwarf team is a bit bloated for this season? Something might have gotten overlooked...

1160 TV with 9 players = 1300 TV with loners.

As stated in J-Reedy's post, explaining TV limits...

Quotex If you have less than 11 players, your TV is that shown in the game + value of the additional linemen that will be freebooted into your team to take your player count to 11. So if you have 9 players OK and no other players, the basic cost of your linemen is 70K and your TV is shown as 1200, your true TV is 1340 (because the value of the 2 loner linemen that are automatically recruited into your team at the start of the match).

MD 1 will see a 300k TV difference, which might be slightly over the top. Also, considering dwarven loners are really, really reliable with block and tackle out of the box, the dwarves are getting quite an advantage.

What's everyone's opinion on this?

PS: Lars, don't take it personally, I have nothing against you or your team :D I'm just wondering about the regulations.

tags

I agree that the dwarf team is currently not allowed in the newbie season according to the rules. I simply hadn't checked.

The Golden Arrow

Yeah, I thought it was 1160 with full team. As it is now it's indeed not allowed.

Lars

okej have to se what way i will go then might apply with something new then or rearange the dwarfs a bit but as of now it will probobly be something fresh. I'll comback tonight or tomorow about what path i have choosen.

/Lars

Mr B

Yes, the illegal whistle sound makes a big noise here me thinks.

And it's quite had to repair also, kicking more players would reduce a quite low bit also.. unless it's the slayers..
Which probable the reason to keep the team anyway.

I recommend a new team, with one Cheerleader added to it, fluff-wise.. team name:
"Now when we found her, where to go?"