Season 15 Sign Up - The newbie season!

Started by The Golden Arrow, February 01, 2014, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Hi everyone, I think it's high time to start the sign up for Season 15. We only have the rest of this week and play offs left so the new league will start sometime mid February (sign up in the client should start about the 10:th of Februari).

Official Stuff
----------------------------
- This season is for new (or relatively new) teams so there will be a TV limit of 1200.
- Only new teams or teams that have been played in previous NUL-leagues.
- League will be played with normal 1 match week per 1 real-time week pace.
- As last season, we'll be enforcing the rule that if you don't show up to play a game on agreed time AND you don't tell about your absense at least an hour before the match in the forum, you'll forfeit the game with an 2-0 admin loss to your opponent who is waiting for you.
- ALL NEW COACHES ARE WELCOME! This is your chance of glory with everyone on an even start!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1. Read the introductory thread with the explanation on league structure HERE.
2: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This shouldn't take longer than a day or two.
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

OLD Coaches now the drill, just tell what team you'll be taking to the trophy hunt.

---------------------------------------

I will join with a brand new Lizardmen team, since they are seriously underplayed in this league (can't remember a single LM team).

1. The Golden Arrow - ... (Lizardmen)
2. Equilibri - Da Freebooterz (Orcs)
3. Kvasilad - New Orc Gitz (Orcs)
4. Lars - Dendrology on BB fields (woodmilf)
5. Hakos - New Team
6. Mr B - Game of the Blood throne (Khorne)
7. Luiggi - ... (Chaos)
8. J-Reedy - international team of mystery to be named later (Norse)
9. Barmution - death wishers or some other name suitable name for... (Pro Elfs)
10. Gnarkill - New Team
11. Muller71 - Zlluga Boyz (Goblins)
12. Gurgeh - Wolf Hall (Necro)

equilibri

I will join with a brand new orch-team!

Da Freebooterz

tags

I already created the New Orc Gitz a couple of weeks ago, so I guess it'll be two orc teams then. Never played them before, so it's gonna be fun :)

Lars

I will join with the dwarfs I played in s12 and s13
They got tv1160

/Lars

hakos

I will join, with a new team, do not know which yet

/hakos

Mr B

Tempted to join again.. not sure how our number will be.

The Golden Arrow

Don't think about that, you know you want to play!

Luiggi

I'm joining with Chaos, I have never played them before (except for a few MM matches to try different starting rosters), and it's about time I go back to bashing after I dropped Orkitis (I might resurrect them later, who knows).

Plus, I'm getting tired of being the league's punching bag :D (98 armor breaks during season 12, 111 season 13 and 132 this season).

tags

Quote from: Mr B on February 02, 2014, 10:21:14 AM
Tempted to join again.. not sure how our number will be.

I agree with Golden, we'll make the numbers work somehow. Would be great to have you back in the games :)

Mr B

Yes we have not seen any vamps now have we. ;D

I could try them for the sake of it.

Mr B

Or Khorn.. that could be interesting also, they are new to me also. hmm
::)

tags

I did a poor job of playing Khorne in seasons 12 and 13, failed to get to .500 in either season before I finally threw in the towel. In my experience, the frenzy wasn't as big of a problem as I had anticipated, but rather the fact that the team ended up mediocre with neither agile nor particularly effective bash players.

Don't think there ever has been any vampires here, they look really interesting, but I think I would be way too frustrated by the randomness of them.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on February 02, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
I did a poor job of playing Khorne in seasons 12 and 13, failed to get to .500 in either season before I finally threw in the towel. In my experience, the frenzy wasn't as big of a problem as I had anticipated, but rather the fact that the team ended up mediocre with neither agile nor particularly effective bash players.

Don't think there ever has been any vampires here, they look really interesting, but I think I would be way too frustrated by the randomness of them.
Ahh, cool.
I have played Vamps for ages it seems..
So I rather play another team.. I like the graphic for Khorn, I'd try them for a change.
I see ag3 as a strength as any stats boost will be incredible..

But yes I expect problems, the fun part is how to solve it.

Sign me up for Khorn, "Game of the Blood throne" by name.

J-Reedy

Yepsy, I'm in with some new team. I'll probably go with some team that I haven't coached before, so there are five possibilies. And as orcs are one of those, I'll make my mind up between four teams. Decisions, decisions.

BTW, if you're member of some other BB forums, spread to word to any other interested players as this is a good jumping on point for the new coaches! And don't forget your friends. And enemies, of course, just remember to recommend playing with halflings to your enemies.

----
Update an hour or so later: After looking at the five teams - orcs, khorne, norse, ogre and woodie elfs - I dropped out orcs and khorne to make the team list of the league a bit more varied. Ogres might be too interesting a play... Woodies are nice but something about them rubs me the wrong way - another time perhaps. So it's norse for me, mates. I'll announce the team officially when I get an idea of a concept I wanna take.

Mr B