S15 - Match Day 11

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 08, 2014, 09:45:02 PM
Some sort of match report or season recap will follow later, too late to write anything now, have to be up in six hours. I started the game strong by killing a loner but that was followed by two turns of skully blocking. However, Fantasy Armor Inc's armor really proved superior today and Luiggi couldn't capitalize my early stutter. Then Luiggi got Nuffled, then he got Nuffled some more. And when he had been Nuffled some more the hard way, he was finally Nuffled real good. Thanks again for the game Luiggi, at least you got the roll for the minotaur and will be getting a full team to your next match.

Yep, good game J-Reedy. It looked like I could have put some pressure on you after those turnovers early on, but my blocking was rather dull and yours was flawless after the first few turns.

The whole aim of the match was to keep all my pieces intact and give that mino a level, but I was expecting my team to put up more of a fight. I think I failed 7/7 KO rolls in the first two drives and then succeeded 5/6 with 2-0, but I was so busy playing safe I didn't even threaten your end-zone.

In the end I think both of us are happy, you got quite a few SPPs and I got a full roster for the next game. Besides, in most of our matches it's been me who has been favored, so it was about time!

Gurgeh

Last match. I did not start out well. I did absolutely nothing the first half besides run around like a headless chicken:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken <--- Like that, but not interesting enough to get a wikipedia entry.

Two of my players got knocked out early, and after that I couldn't move forward, and finally could not keep the ball. 0-1.

In the second half I managed to knock out the big demon, and with it every ounce of luck that my opponent had left. After that it was double skulls, dropped ball, knock-outs, injuries and some death. I almost felt embarassed since next to every single die roll favored me after that. I could even the score, and then take the lead when the other side could only field 8 players. The demon came back after that, but it was not enough to even the score once more.

Lars

Quote from: equilibri on May 07, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
Lasseman!

Time for the last game this season and it is an important game for my orcz!
A win for me, and a loss or draw for Hakos gives me a place in the play-offs! :D

So, pick a date and time for the slaughter:

Sat 10/5: 19:00 ->
Sun 11/5: 19:00 ->

If none of these days work, we'll try something next week instead.

//Equilibri

lets get the slughter going on sunday at 19:00

/Lars

equilibri

Quote from: Lars on May 09, 2014, 01:01:06 AM
Quote from: equilibri on May 07, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
Lasseman!

Time for the last game this season and it is an important game for my orcz!
A win for me, and a loss or draw for Hakos gives me a place in the play-offs! :D

So, pick a date and time for the slaughter:

Sat 10/5: 19:00 ->
Sun 11/5: 19:00 ->

If none of these days work, we'll try something next week instead.

//Equilibri

lets get the slughter going on sunday at 19:00

/Lars

Perfect!

See u on sunday at 19:00!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on May 08, 2014, 08:57:47 AM
sunday it is

How about 10?

/hakos

Yo Hakos!
Do you think we can postpone our game to 12 tomorrow?
I came home right about now. One a clock swedish time. Have been competing in the swedish championship all day in Uppsala and is pretty beateb up, so it would be nice with some longer rest :-)
I won though! :-)

/Gnaar

Gnaarkill

Nevermind Hakos.
I can play at 10. Couldnt sleep anyway ;-)
See you soon!

muller71

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 08, 2014, 06:35:12 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 07, 2014, 11:28:55 AM
Ok muller, when can you play? I can play tonight or daytime on Saturday (maybe late evening as well). Don't know about next week yet but it will be very tight to get a game in then.
I am also free tonight. Saturday is a bit more dodgy but the evening and maybe late afternoon is still open.

Sorry for not replyon your post. Its been very busy for me these last days. My only chance to play is tonight, Monday or Tuesday starting at 21 GMT.

The Golden Arrow

Lets do tonight then. I can start at 21.

hakos

Final match (for me) in the series is played. And a 3-0 victory against the goblins secure a place in the semi-final for the Dark Lords. Yay. It sure was exciting all through this season with gurgeh and equilibri chaising me all the way to the finish line.

Although, it seems fitting for me to be in the semi-final since I have only lost 3 matches and they are all to the top 3 teams. Now, what to do against the invincible Lizards? Any tips appreciated...

This particular match was much more even than it might look from the numbers. Gnaarkill played a really tight and good goblin game. The dices were mostly even. The start was tough, first turn for me finished when a lineman failed his dodge (double 1) and promptly died. Decided to not use my medic since it was the very first turn, never got any more BH so it turned out to be the wrong decision. Things got better in the second turn when I managed to knock down the chainsaw guy so he injured himself.

After that it is mostly some manuvering from my side, running here and there trying to get rid of his 3 trolls that were slowly chaising me. In turn 4 I got close to scoring so Gnaarkill decided to use his fireball, but he (unknowingly) used the bug so I lost my turn. However, we agreed that he could just skip his turn so it would be even, and we continued. The fireball had got the ball loose, but I blitzed a free way, picked up the ball and got into scoring range, plus built up a nice protection. Turn 6 I scored 1-0.

His turn, he prepared for some golbin throwing to score in two turns but it backfired a bit when he started his turn by fumbling the bomb enough to badly hurt his Bombardier and stunned his troll. That left a wide gaping hole in his line and I could Blitz his ball carrier and surround the ball to make it impossible for him to score. First half ended 1-0 after lot's of action.

In the second half he got the ball, built some school book cages with 3 trolls and a fanatic guarding it. With his goblins being flank guards and scouting patrols. However, I managed to use my AG5 blitzer to dodge straight into his cage and knock the ball loose. Unfortunately, that was the last thing I did in my turn so I could not capitalize on it. He got the ball back and once again into the cage. But he failed in his attempt to foul my AG5 guy so once again I could Blitz the ball carrier. This time as the first thing I did. Got the ball loose again, another elf picked it up and ran far away with it. For two turns he were chaising me with 2-3 goblins while I got closer and closer to his endzone. Finally a goblin failed a dodge and I could get rid of his last marker and score. 2-0.

Just two turns left. At this point I had already won the match but two failed pick-ups from his side gave me a rare opportunity. Turn 15 I moved half my team into his field. Turn 16, I blitzed his pogoer, picked up the ball, throwed it to a blitzer who ran away to score as the absolute last thing that happened.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill. It was a fun and good game.

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on May 11, 2014, 12:16:18 PM
Thanks for the game Gnaarkill. It was a fun and good game.

/Hakos

Agreed and a very nice match report!

Good luck in the playoffs and may the force be with you! :)

/Gnaar

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on May 11, 2014, 12:16:18 PM
Final match (for me) in the series is played. And a 3-0 victory against the goblins secure a place in the semi-final for the Dark Lords. Yay. It sure was exciting all through this season with gurgeh and equilibri chaising me all the way to the finish line.

Although, it seems fitting for me to be in the semi-final since I have only lost 3 matches and they are all to the top 3 teams. Now, what to do against the invincible Lizards? Any tips appreciated...

Well, congratz, Hakos!
Now my game against Lars in 45 minutes is not meaning anything, so I can try to maximize my SPP instead.
My orcz have only lost 2 games this season, and also against topteams, but they have been drawing a lot, so next season I will propably try to win some more instead... :D

The Lizards are not unbeatable, but tough... The tip is to always go for the skinks, as the rest of the team are not that good for scoring. Otherwise just pray som extra to Nuffle and maybe he will grant u some superdice! :D

Good luck in the playoff!

equilibri

Da Great Freeboooterz win and 'r da best!!!

Da puny elves tried to jump around and hit us in face!
Dey all fell...

To bad da armour was so 'ard. We needed more death!

Now we go to final games and kick more butz!

(The coach tried to bring Da Freeboooterz in to the PlayOffs, but after 5 ogre henchmen and an army of judges had pushed them away he understood that some Dark Elf team had beaten them with a puny point and taken the last spot. Rumours say that the coach then ate the goblin in the team and said that if they didn't win next season he would do the same to all of the players...)

tags

The Gitz manage to grab a point from the Unbreakables, which I'm very happy with. Also, my last level 1 BOB got MVP to make level 2, so please validate as soon as possible :D

The Golden Arrow

Well, that was quite a fun game. Thanks Muller :) I did play mainly to preserve my players and get some SPP which I succeeded pretty well in (one skink got -1MV which is pretty bad, but then he got +1 AG which is awesome so I'll have to keep him ;)), but Muller played a really nice gobbo game.

It started with me attacking and him putting up a fanatic, troll, troll line (why do people do that against S4 teams?). I hurt the fanatic and knocked the trolls around a bit. On his turn he chainsawed my kroxigor and stunned him followed by a gang foul that badly hurt him. Well well, at least I get to keep him in the next game ;). His bombadier also knocks down some of my players (lizardmen hate bombadiers!). I push forward with saurus and keep skinks a bit back. The chainsaw is knocked out and I mark the bombadier (I do this every turn from now on cause I hate that guy).

He rushes me with gobbos and uses wizard to knock down my ball carrier. I fail to pick up the ball  and he then picks it up in a tackle zone. I put my anti gobbo skink with side step and diving tackle on the job however and he fails to knock him down (got two 2 die blocks on him. He tries the dodge anyway but fails. I secure the ball and hit skinks. A turn or so later I manage to pick up the ball and run for the end zone. He tries to blitz with a troll (forgot break tackle) but he fails one of his two GFI. I run up some more and he gets a 1 die blitz with a gobbo but don't manage the pow. I run the ball in last turn. He hits some, does nothing (I got a blitz so I moved my players away).

Next turn I get another blitz and run a skink up and catch the ball (they are good at flying balls, balls on the ground are a different matter as you will see). He blocks him but don't knock him down. I run the skink the hell away from there. I want to drag on the half as long as possible and not score as his chainsaw is still knocked down and I don't want to get hurt. Things get into kind of a brawl where people hit each other and the skink with the ball stays out of reach. I forget throw team mate though and a troll picks up a gobbo and throws him into range of my ballcarrier. He blitzes me and knocks the skink down and out. As I had forgotten this I had no skinks close enough to pick the ball up so a saurus runs up and screens the ball and others try to get over there even though I see that I'm way out of position. He has no trouble picking up the ball in the tackle zone and dodges out (and marks the saurus). Then he decides to stall a few turns which means that I get to blitz his gobbo with me wrestle skink but I fail and he scores.

I have mangaged to put out a few players though and the looney doesn't want to play today so I have a numbers advantage. I get a high kick and catch the ball (good at flying balls) and run up to cage in his half. He dodges in and get a 1 die block at the skink but rolls a skull and dies (apo saved him). This is my turn 15 and I can score with a single GFI after some blocks but decide to instead wait a turn and cage a bit further up. This is also to not get chainsawed. I do like having my players around... He doesn't have a lot of player left by this point but one troll moves up and throws a gobbo at my ballcarrier hitting and hurting him. I block a gobbo out of the way and can still score with a pick up and two gfi (with reroll and sure feet), but it was not meant to be and I fail the pick up again ending the game in a draw.

Muller had some really lucky rolls that got the ball from me and had really awesome dodging (failing like 1 the whole game), but I was really lucky with kick off events. Over all a fun and well played match, look forward to see what you can do with the gobbos next season :)

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on May 11, 2014, 09:46:20 PM
The Gitz manage to grab a point from the Unbreakables, which I'm very happy with. Also, my last level 1 BOB got MVP to make level 2, so please validate as soon as possible :D
Yeah, it was quite an even affair. Kvasi chose to play super safe which probably cost one of us a couple of points, but I can hardly blame him for that. I got the d6 and 2d6 but the block dice belonged to Kvasi, although luckily for me that didn't equate to an Elf slaughter as my boys lived up to their name. Thanks for the match, K!

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.