S15 - Match Day 10

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiggi

Quote from: muller71 on May 02, 2014, 08:06:04 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on May 01, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Muller, are you there? Apparently I'll be able to stay at home this weekend, so Sunday morning and afternoon are a good date to play as well.

Please reply so we can schedule properly :)

weekend is no good for me. monday or tuesday starting at 21 CET is the best I can offer at the moment.

If you put it like that, Tuesday at 21 it is.

Barmution

The Old World Pirates gets ripped off by Nuffle who gives an advantage on every type of dice to the Panzer Squad. Captain Morgan the Troll in particular was a huge disappointment for poor Gnaar, spending his time utilizing his massive strength and blocking skills to stare out in the distance and gently pushing a couple of Elves now and then.

Thanks for the match, Gnaar! As I said ingame, Elves are a tough matchup for Gobbos since their ability to score quickly means you run out of bribes FAST. GL further on, at least your other Troll got the MVP.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

- Heeey, guys, sorry I'm late, had to get me some slurpee.
- You into that stuff? I prefer squid's pee.
- That tastes too much like wee-pee to my taste, don't like it.
- Did I miss anything?
- Naah, nothing special, those elvish cheeries just did their usual thing with the flaming swords.
- Those with the blade at both ends?
- Yeah, don't know who in their right mind would use those in real life, you gonna hurt yourself flailing that thing about.
- That's right, you only need one-sided blade to cleave through someone, especially if you use those glowing green metal swords that the Yeti's make.
- But guys, honestly, I think the future of warfare is in phaser magic, it's all the rage at the Mage U, I hear.
- Come on, Gus, don't get started with that phaser stuff of yours.
- But it's so clever! They like take a lightning bolt and phase it through a prism so they can make it more or less lethal...
- Hey, they kicked off!
- Yeah, that's a problem right there! Who would want less lethal spells?
- It makes them more accurate, that's why! Haven't you seen those Empirial White Mage squads in action? Every hit they score is just due to there being bezillion of them shooting those blaster wands around. They don't have any accuracy!
- Guys, settle down, Fantasy Armor has got the ball and they're closing in!
- Those elves really can't dodge.
- Yeah, they look like Mackie after a all-night happy-hour at the Swinging Groove, falling all over themselves!
- Hey, why do you think darkie cheerleaders paint their faces red?
- Who cares, I'm wondering why they have wear those black robes, I'd like to see some more flesh on my cheerleaders.
- I hear it's a symbol of their pure-bloodedness or something.
- Whooeeee! That norse lino ain't getting up!
- Who is it?
- Furry Boots Deluxe methinks...
- Pure-bloodedness? But ain't all those darkie bastards supposed to be dark skinned and black-blooded? How does red go with it?
- Don't know for sure, but I think it's some thing with this Sith sect.
- SHIT-CHECK! HE-HEE!
- That was a nice move!
- What?
- That lino just blocked Darth Voren's block and blocked him back blocking him out onto his back! Looks like the elfie is hurt, and badly.
- Wait, did he try to block him from his back or front?
- No, he fell onto his back due to the blocked block, he blocked from the side.
- So the block was a side-block that got blocked into a back-block that blocked him onto his back?
- Yeah, now you got it.
- They're in reach to score.
- Won't make it, runner is too exposed.
- But the cheerleaders aren't! That's the trouble with today's game, am I right or am I right?
- You sound like Gron Grumbundy.
- Yep, darkies took him down, looks like it's going to be the half.
- All right, I'll go get me another slurpee!
-------
- I'm back guys! GOD DAMN!
- HEEE!
- HE-HE-HE-HE!
- You've been at the happy hour again, Mackie? Can't stay on your feet!
- It was this god damn rock, I tripped on it, get out of here you bastard!
- Wow.
- Nice arm, Mackie.
- You better hope they didn't see it was you who threw that rock.
- Yeah, if the Furry uddly-cuddly doggie lovers association hears you go around knocking out werewolves with rocks, they'll come after you hard and they're nothing to kid about.
- ...shut-up guys... ...oh my god, did that norse guy just give me an evil eye...
- Don't worry, Mackie, they're too drunk to notice the small stuff.
- Yeah, they're laying down some smack down there! Pow! K-O! Pow K-O!
- Why don't those elfies try block that solo werewolf more? And didn't they leave them totally alone in the first half also even though the wolves practically offered themselves to be blocked?
- I heard that the norse coach found out that those elfs don't like tall furry fellows that wear cheststraps and go around growling.
- Come on, that's just ridicilous. They just probably don't like the smell of them or something.
- Yeah, imagine all that fur being soaked in beer. Must smell worse than Gus'ses sis' shorts!
- Hey!
- Come on, I was... OH, WAIT! They're going to score! D'ya see that! They're opening the lane!
- Who has the ball?
- Darth Traya!
- Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind getting me some tarty Traya... She's witchingly cute.
- Yeah, but I hear she's really boring, talks nothing but really old history stuff and goes around collecting old relics.
- Then she probably would dig Gus's dad!
- Come on, enought with my family!
- You hear the weirdest stuff, Hans.
- That was a nice touchdown, but I wonder if they should've waited a bit longer, they're two down and norse have plenty of time to score.
- Naah, the norse had them cornered pretty well, they would've gotten a chance at the ball.
- Do any of you guys know why those dark elf fans keep pinching their fingers like that and pointing at the norse?
- I hear it's supposed to concentrate your mind so that you can force the other team to choke.
- Come oh, enough with your hearings, that's just too much. It probably some darkie sign for "I'm gonna snap off your balls"!
- Hey, you don't have to believe me, that's just what I hear!
- CROWD SURF!
- Look at them go!
- Hey, is that old Stinky laying it down there!
- Yes it its, lucky him! I wish I could sometimes get seats close enough for some crowd action!
- Who was it?
- Darth Hadra, they hurt here badly, carrying her out there, see?
- And another one! It's the wolf, the one that Mackie didn't rock!
- SHUTTUP about the rock...
- Didn't manage to hurt him.
- The elfs play good defence.
- Yeah, but I think they could be better if they had some kind of prime directive.
- Whatca mean with that primdetecitive?
- You know, like priority rule that they shouldn't break in any circumstance.
- Hey, the norse are braking in from the middle...
- Come on, you can't have too rigid rules in Blood Bowl.
- Yeah, but these darkies seem to give in to their anger a bit too easily. That just leads to dark stuff.
- THEY GOT THE BALL LOOSE!
- How's about that giving into the anger? Primdetective my arse.
- Achy Lleos blitzed his way to the endzone! He's gonna score if Kal Utan just gets the ball there!
- Just saying that if you don't have some prime directives going on, you might end up doing something foolish, like kissing your sister or something.
- You mean like Gus!
- HEY! THAT DOES IT! I'LL WHUP YOUR SILLY ARSE FOR THAT!
- HE DID IT! WHAT A PLAY! IT'S A DRAW GUYS! Guys, hey cut that out.

----------------

Tight game where Hakos played excellent elfish defence waiting for me to err into less than optimal situations. First half went fast as three turns practically flew past because of turnovers caused by Hakos'es snake-eyeing three dodges and me getting skully with one blocking turn. I got the ball close, but as time got short, I had to expose the ball carrier to  a blitz and so the ball went flying and first half ended scoreless. At the second half Hakos got through from my other flank early but I got him almost contained. However, almost wasn't good enough so I had 5 turns to equalize. At this point I had the numbers advantage so I got into a bit better position before time started to run out. Hakos took out the ball once again, but ball bounced in my favour so I still got a chance to score with a blitz-dodge-run-to-endzone and pick-up-ball-toss-to-endzone play. Did that, so the match ended in a tie. Really enjoyable and exciting game, thanks againt for the great match Hakos!

Mr B

So, One turnover in the game was of course a win in it's self.
Then a win in the game also.. whow.
Impressive by the team.
We had quite good dices if you look at the BBM.
And a 1d skull in the end of the first half more or less settled the first 1-0 in the Khorn favor in there own drive.

Second half was troublesome for the Elfs, the Tree who was spectacular in the first half of the first half that withstood 4 knock downs form the khorn deamon, but then made all root and rise dice 4 in a row. But the he took root in the Ko Box when he was moved there, never to be seen again in this game.
A catch later on from a bouncing ball settled the score 2-0 and not much more happened.

Thanks for the game Lars!
Good luck in the last game!
/B

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 02, 2014, 09:45:51 PM
Really enjoyable and exciting game, thanks againt for the great match Hakos!

Couldn't agree more. It was very even, a true nailbiter and the result quite appropiate for the match.

I was really upset in the beginning after rolling those 3 1+1 when dodging early. But the dices evened out at the end.

FA         SL
1D     5,41 vs -3,2
2D     -4,5 vs 6
Block  43% vs 47%

In total I made 56 dodge rolls, so I guess some snake eyes were warranted.

Thanks again for a real fun game.

edit: And of course, great report as always

/hakos

Luiggi

Hmmm, where to start... let's see...

1-1 between Goblins and Chaos. First half was complete hell for the Chaos side, who just couldn't get anything going and received 5 injuries (1 dead rookie in turn 1) and 2 KOs (only one KO'd goblin). The goblins couldn't capitalize, though, I guess they were busy in the carnage. Second half started with a Perfect Defence in favour of the little ones, which basically ruined the Chaos offence. My minotaur rolling his 10th failed blockdice (at a 50% success chance, I don't even want to calculate the odds of that happening) against the fanatic didn't help either... he got promptly Stunned when dodging away to avoid the Chainsaw. That maniac killed another beastman in the second half, though the apothecary changed it to a MNG.

With just a few players on the pitch, the goblins rushed to get the carrier, but left an opening thanks to a Really Stupid troll. A beastman passed it to a CW who was left unmarked in midfield, and he just rushed for the 1-0. With 3 trolls and 6 goblins on the pitch, Cola Chaos didn't risk the stall and scored.

In the last drive, the minotaur finally reacted and injured a goblin, then Knocked Out the bombardier. The goblins used their numbers advantage to advance, and managed to score a nice touchdown by lobbing a goblin over the single line defence set up by the Chaos.

------------------

Thanks for the game, muller, really well played. You got very lucky in the first half and that could have decided the match, but I think leaving the way open for my passing play was decisive... otherwise it was a certain 1-0. Nuffle gave me a break and fortunately I could manage to save a draw... and also save my roster, since I only got MNG and a dead rookie... who cares about rookies anyway?

PS: MVP for the Fanatic, TOTALLY deserved :D