S15 - Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Ok, let's aim for wednesday, 21 then.

By the way, you and Equilibri were sitting in two rooms just about 10 meters from each other the entire friday. But you were so focused on the games that we had no chance of dragging you to see each other. :)

Gurgeh just hid himself as far aways as possible, i.e. in the "Kårhuset" playing magic all the time.

/hakos

Barmution

The Panzer Squad takes a turn for the breakable as Gurgeh racks up a massive +22 on the 2d6 and some serious block dice. However, he inflicted quite few KOs and cas so we were able to capitalize on elfing it up and making the most of his relatively poor ball handling in the first half, ending the game 2-1 in the Squad's favor despite a rather deplorable second half.

GG, Gurgeh!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Just want to inform you guys that the match between ColaChaos and The Old World Pirates is rescheduled to this Wednesday @21.30.

Nice to see that so many of you guys were attending GothCon, including myself!  ;D
A pitty that I missed the posts in the forums though, would have been fun to meet you guys in person. I was hanging around in "norra" playing roleplaying games pretty much the whole convention  8)

/Gnaarkill

Mr B

Lets plan this better for next year then.
I plan to attend to gothCon then also.
:P

J-Reedy

- WELLCOME TO BLOOD SPORTS... GURGH. AAARGHGHH! Grrhh....
- NIPPY! NIPPY! Get in here, I have something stuck in my throat!
- he can't hear you
- What? Hey, wait a minute! Nippy! Call security! Some undead team fan got in here! Must be that report I did on the Macabre Macarena necromantic team, I've had these skeleton fellows harassing me ever since, he probably wants an autograph or something!
- sigh, look over there, gron
- Hey, whose that handsome... Wait a minute, how can I be lying down there when I'm up here... Hey, why am I floating! NIPPY! HELP ME!
- please calm down gron grumbundy, you're fine, you just had a bad allergic reaction to that squid stew you had on the stands earlier... you really should know better than to eat anything from the khorne vendors, the baby demon squids have matured in your stomach acids and are now strugling to get out to find a true khorne believer to possess... you should be lucky they decided to go through your throat, the downstairs route would've been more painfull, but don't panic, nothing serious will happen, you won't die
- DON'T PANIC! I'M DYING THERE!
- no you're not, nippy will come wonder in before quite soon with the address of that cheerleader you sent him looking for and he'll revive you... although you might find it discomforting that he'll use a revival technique taught to him by his best-friend whissy-pissy
- YOU CAN'T KNOW THAT! I'M DYING HERE! THE GRIM REAPER WILL COME AND...
- i prefer fred
- You're really him? But wait, I thought you were supposed speak like in all capitals?
- only for the true clients, and you're not the one, I'm here to collect another one
- Another one? Hmm. It's one of players? Am I right or am I right? Which team, Game of the Blood Throne or Fantasy Armor Inc.
- why don't you look onto the field yourself, there's something interesting happening right now
- What? Frank Frazzy Etta is down! The star norse berserker? He dies?
- technically yes, for a moment, but he'll be revived by the norse doctor by the old-fashioned method of pumping pure beer straight into his thigh vains, oh how many a norse i have lost to that cure
- You're right! He's getting up! You really are him, Grim Reap...
- fred, please call me fred
- Fred... Hmm... Would you mind a short interview fred?
- it'll have to be really short, i have a pressing appointment in few minutes
- I'll make it quick. Hey, there's Nippy! That'a go Nippy! Straight to the action, come on, use the hellic manuever... What, why is he dropping his pa... OH NO, NIPPY! GET AWAY FROM MY BODY! Nooo....
- that's actually quite an effective cure for cleaning out blocked throat, much more effective than that boring hellic maneuver, developed my ancient ogrish monks of dumbell mountains... interesting story how that whissy-pissy fellow got to know about this cure... he really knows some arcane stuff, i'll give him that, although otherwise he's quite a tosser, don't know why a nice guy like nippy hangs out with him... yes, ahem, you'd might not want to see this bit, gron
- WHAT IS HE DOING? OH THE HORROR!
- yes, that should get you up and running in no time, nothing like a bit of urea mixed in with the brown stuff to lubricate the throat... lucky for you nippy had garlic snottling last night, that really gives the cure some boost you know, well, you'll be up and running about in now time, too bad you'll miss the match though...
- What, miss the match? I can't do that! I must report it to the spectators! Oh, I'm guessing I'm down and out... But hey, I can write about it, I'll just follow the match from up here...
- unfortunately you'll be revived in five minutes and you're astral form will return to your body... the next hour you'll spent being extremely sick in the lavatories... but if you want to know how the match goes, i guess i can tell you the gist of it...
- Really? You already know the result and everything? But how can that work?
- because i'm fred
- Oh. Well, go ahead, who wins?
- nobody, it'll be a draw, one touchdown each... game of the blood throne shall be the first to score with a passing play that turns their desperate scramble into an effortless touchdown... unfortunately for them, the norse will have taken two of the khorne followers out at that point and a third one will follow before the first half shall end... fourth will go out at the start of the second and fifth one will receive a retiring injury at the end of the second just before the norse shall equalize... but the khorne manage to delay the score for a while so that the norse have no true chance of scoring the go ahead even though the khorne will be only able to field 6 players against the 11 of the norse...
- Wow, those Fantasy Armor Inc guys really seem to be tough... What was that, five casualties? And they don't lose anybody because of their excellent armor right? Well, in addition to that Frazzy Etta scare I mean.
- oh, frazzy etta will get injured again... g'rikle lannister will lay make such a foulish deed, even worse than bedding your own sister, such a foulish deed that even the referee will spot that one and eject lannister... unfortunately for frazzy etta hi's nerve will be pinched and you won't see him next week in your "randomly selected" game report...
- What are you implying, Fred? I assure you that all of the live games featured on Blood Sports Spotlight are truly selected randomly and...
- i know about betty blue-eyes
- What, wait, what are talking about, I don't know anything about any blow-up... Oh, so you're saying you know stuff?
- all the stuff, i am fred
- Hey, then you'll be able to tell who'll win NUL this season! I can probably make a killing betting on that one!
- killing is done, and such is time, that i'll have to bid adiue... i am needed now... but before i go, gron, please don't do that stuff with the stuffed chicken when you get into that sith brothel next week... it might lead into you meeting me earlier than is needed...
- What? Oh, that thing, yes, I've been wondering if it would fit... HEY! NUL, who'll win NUL? Tell me, Fred!
- sorry, have to run now... i have earlier appointment scheduled now... EM'ION SOULRAIDER, IT SHALL BE THY TIME TO MEET KHORNE...
- FRED! Don't go! FREEEEEEEED!
- Yes, mr. Gron, it's free! I got it out, you're free to breathe now!
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! THE TASTE! WHAT HORRIBLE TASTE! I'M GOING TO HRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Yep, another early scare with my star berserker getting deaded on second turn. Lucky for me, my apo managed to do his job. Mr B wasn't lucky as he got screwed by my block dice, injury rolls and his apo roll. I deaded his leader and -ST'd another pit fighter who seems to have retired now. After the initial scare I got the upper hand with two injuries and got the ball out deep at the khorne end. But then B pulled a nice pickup and pass (probably a long pass?) that lead to his player gfing out of my reach and scoring the go-ahead. I got two (or was it three?) turns to try to equalize, that didn't happen but I injured another one of his players. So the second half was almost a walkthrough as one pit-fighter was ejected by the referee for fouling and MNG'ing my star berserker. Nonetheless, B got a nice deep kick and managed a take-away that delayed my TD for one turn so that I had only two turns to try to take the ball away from him and score. That didn't happen, so it ended up being a draw. Thanks for the game, B, and sorry for culling your team so hard.

Mr B

Hehe.. looking forward to it.
Anyhow thanks for an entertaining game.. as always!
;D

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 22, 2014, 12:51:04 PM
Nice to see that so many of you guys were attending GothCon, including myself!  ;D
A pitty that I missed the posts in the forums though, would have been fun to meet you guys in person. I was hanging around in "norra" playing roleplaying games pretty much the whole convention  8)

/Gnaarkill

Ah, to bad we did not know about you. I spent the entire saturday in "norra" as well. Played the western and mutant:ua scenarios.

/hakos

hakos

Golden, I'm online waiting for you

Edit: 21:15 now, I guess we will have to play another time. Not tomorrow but friday evening, saturday evening or sunday any time will work

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

I'm terribly sorry, I got held up and had my phone on silent so I forgot the appointment. I can make it Friday evening, preferably late (like 22 but might do earlier).

tags

<rant>
Been a while since I raged so much about a pair of dice rolls in Blood Bowl, but what was supposed to be the 2d block with RR that gained me control of the game (only needed a push, really), resulted in double-skull RR double-skull. That's like 1 in 1296 chance, I believe? If any one of those 4 dice had been anything else, I'd have been ok. It instead resulted in the 2-1 TD for Dendrology. Rather luckily, Nuffle opened another door for me to equalize at the end of the match by throwing Lasseman some horrible dice.
</rant>

Other than that, which really was rather silly, it was a fun game with a lot of interesting positioning. The wood elves seemed to get the better of the bashing battle, interestingly, and Lasseman forced me to score early on my first drive.

So thanks for the game, you played well! Sorry for whining a bit there towards the end, but I was temporarily in a really dark mood there :P

Lars

yhea lost by the for me classic over commiting when getting a blitz roll on the kick off :/

fun game non the less

/Lars

Luiggi

Those goblins sure like black powder! Fielding 2 bombers and tossing them quite well (until the second half), these two buggers plus Morg (6 STR/block) and a recently leveled up troll (6 STR/block) lead the greenskin defence against the Chaos side. This was not enough, and it might have actually costed them the game. The result was 1-0, second half, pogoer is nicely caged and the chaos side is somehow split. The bomber goes for glory and... FUMBLES THE BOMB. Result: fractured leg for him, plus Badly Hurt on the pogoer carrier and knocked down Morg. Cola Chaos obviously capitalized on that suicidal attempt and scored the final 2-0.

I guess the game's highlights include the minotaur being badly hurt on a bomb, some volley-ball playing with a bomb (intercepted by a goat, then passed to the bomber, who got knocked down), and the aforementioned key fumbled bomb. Oh, and another bomb that stunned the mino.

Next stop: more goblins, and probably more bombs... *scared*

------

GG Gnaarkill, your side was really crippled and being 670 TV behind didn't help. Morg played a very solid game and your steroid pumped up troll dominated the pitch (until he was left 5 vs 1, obviously)... Good luck for the final stretch! Wreak some more havoc!

------

Edit: aaand another goat rolls +1 agi (4th this season). I hesitated a bit but finally decided to take it. 3 agi goats really give open up many options apart from your regular bashing and grinding. My TV is getting ridiculously high for a level 2 team though.

hakos

Quote from: Lars on April 23, 2014, 10:55:12 PM
yhea lost by the for me classic over commiting when getting a blitz roll on the kick off :/

fun game non the less

/Lars

I watched your game, I do not think you overcommited. All you had to do was that before you tried to pick up the ball was to move in some other guys to screen of his ability to get to the ball. To handle that 1 out of 6 cases where you fail to pick up the ball. So you fell for the even more classic "my elf can do anything agility wise and a 2+ option is very safe to do first especially when it will lead to a 3-1 victory so I will do it immediately and not consider the option of a failure". Been there, done that, many times...

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 23, 2014, 09:32:24 PM
I'm terribly sorry, I got held up and had my phone on silent so I forgot the appointment. I can make it Friday evening, preferably late (like 22 but might do earlier).

I would really very much prefer it in the weekend instead. Is there any time in the weekend that will suit you?

However, if there is no other option I can start at 22 tomorrow. But, the earlier we can start the easier it gets for me.

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Luiggi on April 23, 2014, 11:18:58 PM
------

GG Gnaarkill, your side was really crippled and being 670 TV behind didn't help. Morg played a very solid game and your steroid pumped up troll dominated the pitch (until he was left 5 vs 1, obviously)... Good luck for the final stretch! Wreak some more havoc!

------

Edit: aaand another goat rolls +1 agi (4th this season). I hesitated a bit but finally decided to take it. 3 agi goats really give open up many options apart from your regular bashing and grinding. My TV is getting ridiculously high for a level 2 team though.

GG Luiggi and congratulations to another elfborn goat! :)

It was an entertaining match as usual with the gobbos. Finally my bombs started to work even though not quite in their full potential ;)
I feel that i have still much to learn about the gobbos and about BB overall. The gobbos have alot of different possibilities/tactics while on the pitch and I struggle to choose between them. It feels like a high risk high reward team. I really like the chaotic play with the gobbos though so i really hope i can use them for the next season aswell :)

But! The pirates are still looking for their first win. Will they break the unbreakable panzer armour of elven top quality? Highly unlikely... but anyway. The pirates are hungry for loot, elven women, blood... or maybe just a TD  ;D
Onwards, set sail to the shiny smithies of the elven coasts! Yarr!

/Chief Captain Gnaarkill