S15 - Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muller71

Quote from: hakos on April 11, 2014, 08:54:21 PM
Quote from: muller71 on April 11, 2014, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: hakos on April 09, 2014, 08:00:09 AM
Hi Muller

Looking forward to some kind of strange goblin match. I can probably play on thursday & friday evening or, as it looks right now, also any time in the weekend.

/hakos

sunday starting at 21.30 CET is my only chans this weekend.

It is a bit late for me, but if that is the only option I guess I will have to take it.

/hakos
Hakos,

Is Monday better for you, starting at 20 CET?

hakos

Quote from: muller71 on April 13, 2014, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: hakos on April 11, 2014, 08:54:21 PM
Quote from: muller71 on April 11, 2014, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: hakos on April 09, 2014, 08:00:09 AM
Hi Muller

Looking forward to some kind of strange goblin match. I can probably play on thursday & friday evening or, as it looks right now, also any time in the weekend.

/hakos

sunday starting at 21.30 CET is my only chans this weekend.

It is a bit late for me, but if that is the only option I guess I will have to take it.

/hakos
Hakos,

Is Monday better for you, starting at 20 CET?

I can start now

/hakos

hakos

Match played, but it is too late for a match report. It will come tomorrow.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 13, 2014, 02:58:48 PM
Yeps, gots me a scare right at the start when Morg deaded my lineman but fortunately the goblin bombardier opened up the goblin defence which gave me the momentum after some turns of goblin-like plays from both sides. Gnaarkill's Chainsaw guy got knocked out fast and stayed out until the last drive and gobbos started dwindling down. Nothing for Gnaar to do after the first half as he had four guys injured (two from dodging), one KO'd and one (bombardier) sent off so he was heavily undermanned. Thanks for the nice game, Gnaarkill!

And thank you almighty armoursmith!
It was a nice game and alot of goblin chaos in the first half, great fun! :)

/Captain Gnaarkill

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 13, 2014, 08:48:28 PM
Sorry, but that didn't work out after all. We were going to watch game of thrones together then, would 21 work for you as well? (or even better 21.15)
Maybe do it tomorrow instead?  20.30 perhaps?

Lars

sure let do it tomorrow 20:30

hakos

Alright, I know you have all waited eagerly to find out how it went in the match between the dark side and the green side.

Here is the tale. And of course, as we all know, this is the truth, since it is the winner who writes the history.

The first part of the first half were, as expected, dominated by the cheating goblins. The chainsaw stunned players left and right even though he himself went down every turn in the first 3 turns. 3 elves on one poor chainsaw goblin, no, it is not fair, but that is how the dark side want's to have it. The fanatic, on the other hand, we tried to avoid. But with small success, he always seemed to find a target and he was also the one to cause the first casualty. A dead lineman, although we used the force to revive him. Oh, the ball handling part, you are interested in that? Ok, the goblins started as receivers, got the ball, and while we were not looking sneaked past us. One darkie dodged, blocked, gfi'ed and managed to get the ball. On the next turn another sneaky goblin got him from the back, recovered the ball and scored. 0-1.

The second half of the first half went better. Fewer cheating goblins. Seems the goblins tried to bribe the judge to keep the chainsaw in play. The judge of course took the money but since the chainsaw could not be found anywhere he did not join despite that. Rumors about him being tied up, upside down, over a hungry bear are of course unfounded. Anyway, we got the ball, rushed some guys into the goblin half, knocked some of them down. Next turn we just made a simple pass and made a nice 2-turn touchdown. 1-1.

The second half started as it should. 10 elves vs 8 goblins. The special ones were ejected and some others were knocked down and preferred to stay that way. A slow and methodical push forward with lot's of good blocks resulted in a touch down in turn 13 with only 2 trolls and 1 goblin still standing up. 2-1.

The judge was in a hurry to get home and turned the clock forward. Two turns left and when the troll decided it was time to make an early block and getting a double skull it opened up a nice possibility. The witch elf rushed in, got the ball at the sideline and also became protected enough to feel safe. In turn 16 everything needed to secure a 3-1 victory was a GFI with RR. Of course it failed. Must have been some final cheating with soap or something, considering how slippery it was. Suddenly the goblins got a small chance of equalizing in turn 16 since the ball landed too close to him. But fortunately he failed a dodge.

Seemed to be a relatively even match considering dices but muller really got screwed by some bug then he used his bribe to keep the chainsaw guy in the game. That bug caused the chainsway guy to completely disappear instead. And when he showed up in the third drive he was ejected. Really sorry for that, that is one goblin that could have prevented me from scoring the equalizer in the first half. Really a game affecting bug.

So, sorry for that, but thanks for a good game. Goblins are definitely random and fun to play against. And I think you played them well.

/hakos

Lars

Golden do you plan to show up today ?

/Lars

The Golden Arrow

Hi I'm on now, got very late sorry. I tried to reply here and tell you but it must have failed for some reason.

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the match Lasse and sorry again for being so late. The match itself was decided quite early with some injuries for me and some bad dice for Lasse (his treeman had a really bad day of blood bowling). He couldn't get my skinks off the field (not even a single KO) and I managed to steal the ball and score 2-0 in the second hald thanks to my player advantage (and his treeman again). He got a goal in the last turn but the match was already decided.