S15 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Piece of trash match totally dominated by Nuffle's intervention in every possible way. Sorry for everything, Hakos. Truly one of the most aggravating matches I've ever played: Every vital action seemed to be screwed over by Nuffle, except for when we went for the insane options, in which case he let us succeed. FFS. So tired of these kind of matches. Dammit.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gurgeh

It's really late, so I will try to keep this short

Bad things:
Goblins made of rubber and/or concrete. I did not manage to injure a single one. One of them even tried to show me how it's done by injuring himself, and I still didn't get it.

Good things:
The dexterity shown by the larger players. At the end of the first half, with the score 1-0 to the wolves, a troll threw a goblin, who ran to the edge of the endzone with no player close enough to catch him. The last turn, before scoring, the gonlins decided to throw a bomb. What could go wrong? Well, the flesh golem could catch it and throw it back to cause a turnover. In the other half, after some fightning and pushing, a troll got hold of the ball. He had no idea what to do with it, but he could walk, and that he did, to score (probably) the only TD of his career.

The end:
In the last turn, without any re-rolls, I manager a handover and a pass to score the winning TD. 2-1

Gnaarkill

Good summary Gurgeh!

Thank you for a great and entertaining match, you really deserved the win!  ;D

Really loved the part when your Flesh Golem caught the bomb and threw it back on my trolls, haha, great stuff!  ;D
The greed took over and i wanted to chance to injure some of your players before scoring... i guess its called... karma? :)

Captain Blackbeard though, he's a myth, a legend, a touchdown scoring Troll! He did The Pirates third TD of the season and really gave The Pirates a chance to get a draw, a DRAW! But no, not this time. Really nice last two turns from the Wolf Hall team where they managed to outrun the gobbos lead them to a well deserved victory.

Congratulations to the win Gurgeh and good luck in future matches!

/Capt'n Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

- Crinky! CRINKY!
- Yes, mr. Babblemoth?
- I've been listening to our Magicast. It's really helping with our marketing but is it true what Gron is saying? That our players are getting so drunk before the matches that they keep passing out?
- Well, they naturally do keep downing beer all day normally like all norse people. But it does look like they seem to get more intoxicated just before the match. I've been hearing ramblings that they do it because they don't like wearing our armor, they find it too skimpy, so they need to get so pissed that wearing our sexy-stuff seems a good idea.
- Damn, what can we do... Maybe we should cut down on the beer deliveries?
- Unfortunately our sponsorship contract states that we must deliver the team 100 extra-large-sized barrels of beer every week in addition to the unlimited credit at Madame Buxey's Parlor of Sweet Snugglin'. If we cut down on beer we would be in breach of contract.
- Hmm. Seems we're stuck. And we're playing those pesky elfs next. I hear they're as invulnerable as a love child of an ogre and troll clad in steel armor.
- The elves did shrug off almost half a dozen injuries in their last game.
- Damn, that match will be really important to show that our armor is superior. We need our guys as sharp as nails. But that's impossible if they're drunk. Damn, double-damnd, triple-damn!
- Sir, I think I have an idea that could solve both of our problems.
- What! What you're waiting for, get it out Crimpy!
- Well, have you heard of yhetees?
- Of course, nasty stuff, my brother-in-law got the yive-heaves in his bachelor party, in hindsight I admit that getting a budget stripper wasn't a good idea. Not that giving the heaves to my brother-in-law bothered me but I just don't find goblin strippers alluring.
- No sir, the yhetees that I'm talking about are those furry big trollish-like beasts that live near the most northern norse settlements. Some of the norse blood bowl teams have used them as blockers.
- Oh, those things, yes, I can see how one of those would help with bashing in some elven heads but how could that thing help with the problem of our players getting drunk?
- Well, it seems that the yhetees living in Finny Lands have developed an extremely high tolerance for beer due to the extremly high consumption of the stuff - even by norse standards - in those regions.
- Hmm, I see where you're going... But could one Finny yhetee really consume so much beer that it would sober up rest of our players?
- There is a yhetee from Finny Lands currently working at the nearby toxic waste disposal plant where they destroy all the stuff coming from Magic Universy labs, waste from troll outhouses and what's more important, all the spoiled beer of the continent. I hear that they just dump the molded beer to a big pool and the yhetee dives in and then in the evening the whole pool will be empty. Of course they have to use burp pixies and fart fairies to soak up the fumes that the yhetee keeps emitting but they say it's still cheaper than the previous system where they soaked the beer into pig carcasses and then either fed them to ogres or dumped them into their affiliate company, Delicious Delicatessen.
- That's it! Get that yhetee out of there and into our team, Crinky! No matter what the cost! ...I guess we can put him into our Big'n'Tall lineup, we need somebody to showcase those products, I'm hearing that the chaos team we're playing in the last round is interested in seeing the products in action. What's the big guy called?
- He is named Finnjävel.
- Well, what you're waiting for, Crinky? Get Finnjävel signed up now!

-----------

Elfie and gobbo-necro matches are now validated.

Lars

Quote from: muller71 on March 27, 2014, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: Lars on March 25, 2014, 10:16:01 AM
Hi Muller when can you play ?

I can play tomorow wednesday from 19:00
or friday from 19:00
or sunday from 20:00

/Lars

Hi, sorry for the late respons, Sunday 21CET. How about That?

sure lets go for that

The Golden Arrow

Bantha, is it possible to start a little later, preferably 22 but might be able to make 21.30. It's earth hour and we planned to have it cosy and not use computers.

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 29, 2014, 08:30:51 PM
Bantha, is it possible to start a little later, preferably 22 but might be able to make 21.30. It's earth hour and we planned to have it cosy and not use computers.
Ohh, sure but make 22 please.
Cheers!
/B

The Golden Arrow

The Golden Arrow

OK match played, it was really a game where we had one half each. He dominated the first half with superb block dice and some good damage rolls taking out two sauruses early. One of them got injured and the apothocary failed to bring him back (only became a niggling but still). In the second half I got better block dice and he failed a wild animal blitz with his bloodthirster that helped me get up the board and be in a good position to score. He managed to dodge into two tackle zones with a herald and blitz down my ballcarrier however which made things very hairy. I needed to do a few dodges and a pick up in a tackle zone but thankfully I made it and could run in a three turn TD.

After that it just became a big brawl where I marked his ballcarrier and some other players and he blitzed and blocked around and pushed both mine and his players all over the board (there were some vert nice chain pushes). He couldn't knock my players down though and I managed to get a two die blitz on the ballcarrier and knocked him down. A skink picked up the ball in a tackle zone again and dodged back behind some players. He failed to make a hole to the skink and I could hand off to a free skink and run the ball to the TD line and then walk it in the last turn.

It was a very close game that could easily have gone either way. It is very fun to play against Khorne as players can end up in really unexpected places (both good and bad for me) and it's always nice to play a tight game.

Mr B

Indeed, a fun game finally without TO each other turn.
It looked good all up to that crazy turn when I just could not get your dudes down.

9 attempts on skink.. no Pow.
Then 6*2 2d blocks and no Pow or dodge/pow (sauruses targeted).
12 dices and no 5+ in other words.. one rr used to dodge a TO...

And then your 2d pow on ball handler no pickup on any bounce and your final pickup 6.
Still had a shot but first blitz never got the pow or both down followed up by a failed GFI for second try.

In the end a very fun game.. did not see that incoming with all those str4 guys.
So now I have got a better feeling for them as I could roll normal block dices, and then frenzy really helps.. almost a rr just have to backup with assistants.  ::)

I also learned a bit more about this gang of craziness.

Alright, one loss but with a good after taste  :P
And the Mvp meant a new skill on a normal lino could help a lot.

Cheers!
/B

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on March 28, 2014, 07:57:13 AM

/Lars

sure lets go for that

Guys, please add results in here so we admins know when to validate the games....
Sometimes it's not that clear unless it's a draw or one td diff..
Disco... happens and there is always time to replay in that case.

Thanks!
Cheers!
/B

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on March 31, 2014, 01:07:56 AM
Quote from: Lars on March 28, 2014, 07:57:13 AM

/Lars

sure lets go for that

Guys, please add results in here so we admins know when to validate the games....
Sometimes it's not that clear unless it's a draw or one td diff..
Disco... happens and there is always time to replay in that case.

Thanks!
Cheers!
/B

Looks like the match is uploaded to the bbm so I'm guessing the result is valid. But just to make sure (and because I don't have BB on my work compumachine), match has not been validated yet. So, as Mr B said, please always confirm the match result (at least the 2-0 result as that is the result that disconnection gives) in these match threads.

muller71

Game ended 2-0 to the goblins.

Mr B

Quote from: muller71 on March 31, 2014, 05:40:49 PM
Game ended 2-0 to the goblins.
Cool  :D

Day is at it's End!
See ya all in Md7  8)