S15 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 09, 2014, 09:05:51 AM
Quote from: Lars on March 08, 2014, 11:51:55 AM
J-Reedy i rather play today  saturday from 19 or anytime tomorow otherwise thursday next week is the next go followd by friday both of these from 19

/Lars

Sorry, I was out all Saturday, so I only saw your message this morning. It seems that Thursday is the only suitable time for me as I'll be away the whole weekend from Friday to Sunday (late).

So lets do Thursday, would starting 19.30 work for you? That would help me a lot but if that doesn't fit you, 19 is OK.

sounds good lets go 1930

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on March 09, 2014, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on March 08, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
All right, Barm, time for another challenge. This time I'll be the bashing side though, let's see if Nuffle keeps favoring me in my matches against you or if my luck has run out.

I can play tomorrow Sunday (15.00 to 20.00), Tuesday (20.15), Thursday (20.15) or next Sunday (20.00). I might be open at different times but these are the most certain. I hope they suit you.

Hiya Luiggi!

This week's going to be hard for me due to being away most of the week on a seminar in Oslo. I could possibly do next Sunday at 20.00 but I'll have to get back to you regarding that. Would next Monday night (17th) be doable for you?

-Barm

Well, I usually prefer not to play on Mondays because I finish working late, but I could manage at 21.30 if there are no other possibilities. Still, can you play today or you're already gone? I'm free the whole afternoon and it might be better this way so that we don't delay the match day (not that I mind too much, but I think it's better to keep on schedule if possible).

Edit: Actually, I'll just drop by at 20.00 today (though I can also play at 21.00), if you're around we can play, otherwise Monday 17th at 21.30 is the date!

Gurgeh

Quote from: muller71 on March 09, 2014, 03:13:55 PM
Quote from: Gurgeh on March 09, 2014, 02:47:36 PM
Hello muller71

The times this week that suits me best for play are:
monday evening
thursday evening
friday evening
anytime during the weekend except sunday evening

Hi,

Monday starting at 21.00 CET suits me best. Thursday evening can be our backup plan.

Sounds good

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 09, 2014, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: Mr B on March 08, 2014, 12:16:35 AM
Alright Gnaarkill!
We are On!

When does it work for you mate?
21CET that works for me.
Any favorite day, I'd avoid Thursday at the moment.

Cheers!
/B

Indeed we are Mr.B!  ;D

How about tomorrow (monday) @21.00?

/Gnaarkill
That will be fine.
Cheers!
/B

Gnaarkill

Nice!

See you on the battlefield m8  8)

/Gnaar

Gurgeh

Goblins are really annoying. They are less annoying once some of them have been sent off for carrying illegal crap on the field and some more of them have been beaten to a bloody pulp. That's when you can score the winning goal. ;)

Mr B

And then we had another fantastic game filled with joy and madness!
Of course, goblins were involved as they are the very essence of BloodBowl.
The Core team everyone should try.

Anyhow, doe to the previously disaster of a game for the Pirates they did not bring a Chainsaw, the bomber mended his broken fuse and one troll took a coffee break.
So Ripper joined and the Madbomber.

Goblins scored opening up the TD's in the fight, just to barely be closed by a lucky pass/catch in T8, settling 1-1.
And some how all KO'd stayed, one or two brave gobbs shrugged the dizzyness but found only 3 other members of the team still standing.

Summary:

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, good luck with the pirates!
How do they say it, "Gnaaaaar, kill yes yes!"  ;D

Gnaarkill

Thank you B!

A really enjoyable game and the dice game was madness! 2 deaths turn one, lol!  ;D

The pirates newest investment Captain Greenskin (pogoer) was a good draft since he managed to score the Pirates first TD in the teams franchise history!

We salute you Capt'n Greenskin!  8)

/Gnaar, kill yes yes!  :D

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Equillibri, it was a really tough intense game where he had the numbers advantage most of the game and he got the chance to score after a failed dodge by a skink but tried to stall and I managed to surround his ballcarrier who failed the dodge to score. Second half was a grindfeast where he managed to stop me from coming across to his half and pounded my poor guys. I ran around but eventually he stole the ball. I managed to push the ballcarrier into the crowd and almost got the ball but it was a bit too many rolls that needed to go right so I failed. I managed to stop him from getting the ball though so the game ended in a hard fought draw.

tags

Quote from: hakos on March 08, 2014, 08:37:28 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on March 08, 2014, 07:24:25 AM
Hakos, I'm leaving the country for a few days, I'll be able to play I think on Wednesday evening and onwards. Next weekend is hopefully pretty free as well. Post your times with that in mind!

Finally my life return a bit more to normal. That means I should be able to play all evenings from thursday next week and also any time during next weekend.

I would prefer saturday, any time.

/hakos

I can definitely do Saturday, but not quite sure which times I have available. I think a match at 1900 is safe. If that's a bad time, maybe as early as 1100?

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on March 12, 2014, 08:43:11 AM
Quote from: hakos on March 08, 2014, 08:37:28 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on March 08, 2014, 07:24:25 AM
Hakos, I'm leaving the country for a few days, I'll be able to play I think on Wednesday evening and onwards. Next weekend is hopefully pretty free as well. Post your times with that in mind!

Finally my life return a bit more to normal. That means I should be able to play all evenings from thursday next week and also any time during next weekend.

I would prefer saturday, any time.

/hakos

I can definitely do Saturday, but not quite sure which times I have available. I think a match at 1900 is safe. If that's a bad time, maybe as early as 1100?

Saturday works fine, both times work fine, as long as you let me know latest on friday which one you prefer I can adapt.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on March 12, 2014, 11:22:46 AM
Saturday works fine, both times work fine, as long as you let me know latest on friday which one you prefer I can adapt.

/hakos
Great, let's say Saturday 1900, and I'll let you know latest Friday if something comes up.

Luiggi

Barmution, I never got a confirmation from you (I assume the hour is OK) and I just wanted to make sure... Monday at 21.30 GMT +1?

I hope your trip to Oslo is going well, catch you in a few days. If by any chance you are around on Sunday, I can kick-off at 20.00-21.00.

BTW, I watched those Gobbos trying to beat the wolves and all I can say is... get that Looney a new Chainsaw! Chinese imitations are not good enough.

J-Reedy

- Mr. Babblemoth, mr. Babblemoth! Wait up!
- What is it now Crinky?
- Press is knocking on our doors, they want to know if there's any truth to allegations that our armor cuts of circulation making it hard for the wearer to do any agility stuff and think!
- What? I can't believe it! Come on, our team just whupped those shiny-toothed elfies 5 to 0 in casualties! We clearly had superior armor!
- Yes, but we did only squek out a 2-2 draw, they were up 2-0 in the half time.
- That was just because they had that genius of the defensive coach, they kept changing their defensive lineup all of time and even blitzed us. And those norse drunkards are real butterfingers, I mean who can't pick-up a ball that is lying still in three tries?
- That's just the issue, sir. Media is claiming that our sexy armor is so tight that players can't feel their fingers and blood doesn't get through to their heads...
- That has nothing to do with our armor, blood can't get into their heads because they are full of beer.
- Do you want to tell that to the press, sir? They're waiting outside, I have the PR people holding them back and giving them VIP treatment.
- Good thinking, Crinky. Our Possessed Reavers should be able to handle them nicely. Although I'm not sure if vicious inhuman possession is the right strategy, good old fashioned STAR treatment might've been enough.
- Well, sir, I thought that sound tactical aggression and ripping simply wouldn't cut it as there were members of the Slate News present, you know that those troll journalists carry their notepads with them and everybody knows that they're still using chisel and rock...
- Oh, that changes it. All right, Crinky, it seems we may have to divert the attention of the press until our team manages to get their heads out of the beer barrels and start winning us some matches. We need a celebrity endorser or some famous blood bowler as a spoke-person. I wonder if Leo Da Crappio would be available? Or maybe we should get a female, how about Angel Jolty?
- Da Crappio disappeared after Mad Maggot High-Nay beat him in the 'Scar awards, they say he's gone to tour Lustrian brothels to show off his scars to those amazon professionals, they say that those 'zon women like scars. And Jolty is busy organizing the cat-fight of the year event, it's going to be big, she finally agreed to fight Zenni-Fern Anuston.
- Oh, that's going to be big. Get me tickets to that one, Crinky. Hmm.... We need something big. Wait! Now I know! He'll be perfect!
- What is it, who are thinking of?
- Now Crinky, who is the man who knows all about seedy gentlemens establishments and nothing about Blood Bowl but who has such a silky voice and so fast a tongue that he can talk you into believing anything he says is wisdom boiled in intelligence?
- You can't mean... But he hasn't been seen in two years now, they say he bet heavily on NUL finals and lost every bet he made, even though he made a bet that he wouldn't win any bets!
- How is it possible to lose that one if he lost every bet...
- Well, you know, if he would've won that one he wouldn't have lost every bet because he would've won that bet that he wouldn't win any bets so he couldn't win the bet even though he won it because he didn't win any bets.
- But... All right, that's now the point. I'm sure he is still out there. All the major betting parlours still have an all-points bulletin on him so they haven't found him yet. You go find him for me, Crinky. Tell him that we'll pay off all of his debts if he agrees to do PR for us.
- But I thought only blood-reavers could do possessive reaving, I have never heard of a human who could...
- No, no, no, not possessive reaving, I mean Persistant Rambling, Crinky.
- Oh, that makes more sense. But how do I find him? I mean, he's managed to avoid all those mob guys looking for him for years now.
- Find that boy who worked with him. Skippy, Dippy, whatever he was called. He'll know where he is hiding.
- Oh, you mean Nippy?
- Whatever, just find him. We'll need him for the next week, we're going against orcs and we need something stiffer than our armor to hold of the press if we don't make good.
- Yes, sir!

Tale of two halfs was this one. Lars got the first attack and scored on the 4th turn after flooding my endzone with potential receivers so that he could get the to scoring distance. Then I got to try my offensive schemings but perfect defence and two botched pick-up attempts (second one with reroll) later the score was 2-0 for the elfs. Saving grace were the injuries, 3 elfs hurt themselves badly in the first half and after 2 more bit the dirt in second half I had little trouble scoring 2-1 in 3 turns. In the fourth kickoff elfs were 5 men down (one of BHs was the healthy wardancer) so elfs wisely tried to hold the ball away but got swarmed by the norse and after some bashy stuff and failed dodging into many tackle zones I got the ball on the second to last turn and scored the equilizer on the final turn. Once again, nice game Lars, good luck in the rest of the games!

tags

Most entertaining write-up J, love how embellish the theme of your team :D