S15 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Loved the part about betting

/Hakos

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on March 13, 2014, 05:37:16 PM
Barmution, I never got a confirmation from you (I assume the hour is OK) and I just wanted to make sure... Monday at 21.30 GMT +1?

I hope your trip to Oslo is going well, catch you in a few days. If by any chance you are around on Sunday, I can kick-off at 20.00-21.00.

BTW, I watched those Gobbos trying to beat the wolves and all I can say is... get that Looney a new Chainsaw! Chinese imitations are not good enough.
Sorry for not confirming, Luiggi. Monday at 21.30 GMT+1 works great.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on March 12, 2014, 12:06:00 PM
Quote from: hakos on March 12, 2014, 11:22:46 AM
Saturday works fine, both times work fine, as long as you let me know latest on friday which one you prefer I can adapt.

/hakos
Great, let's say Saturday 1900, and I'll let you know latest Friday if something comes up.

Logged in and waiting!

hakos

What a roller coaster of a match. The orcs maimed and the elves scored. I.e. business as usual.

So what decided the game? Crazy elven stunts that succeeded after safe things failed early for the orcs...

By the way, I think I will consider looking at that fancy norse armor, they seem to give more KO and less BH than my armor. And of course, the commercials are great.

It started out with a nice two turn touch down for me. 1st turn, get the ball, get 5 players in his field. 2nd turn, one block to free up my witch elf, run, pass, run, score. Quite nice. Although he got in one BH in the process. 1-0

His turn, he picks up the ball, starts to hit seriusly. I try to push out one of his players but in the return blow my poor witch elf have to leave the field, badly hurt. He starts to feel safe and his ball carrier is almost in range, at least I can put two guys close to him. Then it happens, he uses his loner to try to free up the ball guy, and fails immediately. Wow, my blitzer can blitz with 2D, get the ball loose, dodge in and pick up, dodge out, and runs to safety. Turn 5 score. 2-0.

3 turns left, he gets the ball, runs a lot and passes to within scoring distance in turn 8. I try to stand in the way, but get too close to his guys so they hit me, hard. One more is badly hurt. One more is KO. And my loner elf dies tragically when he runs away in fear from a big bad black orc and stumbles on his own feets. Anyway, I can only get 4 guys between his guy and my end zone, with one removed, he only has to make 2 GFI to make it, and he does exactly that. 2-1. End of first half.

Second half feels tough at the start with only 7 guys against his full team. Quite quickly he surrounds me and hammer my guys into the ground. But. I managed to kick the ball far into his field. I realize his guy with the ball is completely alone. Since I cannot stop him, the two guys I'm able to move I move in between the ball carrier and the rest of his team. He gets a bit hurried I think, wanting to score quickly and avoiding my few standing guys being able to reach him. So he makes a handover, intending to run into safety. But it fails. Some crazy elven stuff later, my two guys that are standing up have the ball far into his field, where he cannot touch me. And in turn 13 I score. 3-1.

The last turns are more as expected, he picks up the ball, he grinds down my guys, he forms a cage and runs with the ball until he score. 3-2.

The final turn, I just pick up the ball, make a SPP farming pass and the match is over.

Thanks a lot for a fun game Kvasilad.

/hakos

tags

Thanks for the game Hakos, it was a fun one! I took a few unnecessary risks, and got punished for them, and I still don't seem to be able to protect the ball with these guys... but at least this was a better effort than my last matchup against an agile team :)

Luiggi

This season's Barmution vs Luiggi match ends with a 2-1 victory for the Chaos in a not-so-usual grind. Nuffle decided to side with me and except a superb 1-man play by a blitzer, the rest of the match was pretty much 2d6 and POW goodness for Chaos while elves didn't really have much chance to retaliate. Except by killing a +agi goat (on a BD/BD result). Not a big deal though, goats are meant to be strong, not agile! That will show them to roll STR next time.

The first drive was marked by a Skull/reroll/Skull by an elf that allowed me to snatch the ball and score easily. However, the elves played their offence as usual and scored. Chaos had another go at a TD but failed the passing play (2+ 3+ 3+ 2+ 2+, not that good anyway). Elves kept beating the dust and chaos formed a cage... however, the blodging blitzer entered the cage, took down the carrier, picked up the ball and dodged away (which might have been one of the most impressive plays of the season). Bad news were that only 6 elves remained at that time, and 2 more were taken down in subsequent turns. The 4 survivors made it to the sidelines, but a bad dodge proved fatal as the sidestepping blodger was surrounded and knocked off field. The rookie, first time player Fudge, who had scored 2 casualties this game, took the ball after a hand-off and made it for the end-zone.

Sorry for the dice, really onesided (again!), despite BBM showing them pretty average. And sorry if you took my comments wrongly, I didn't mean them to sound like whining, for once I didn't want to complain! Especially after what happened in the match.

Good game, always tense and fun games against you, when Nuffle let us!

Barmution

Indeed, it was a rollercoaster of a match for sure!

As usual the problem is when Nuffle only allows you to do clutch plays by forcing you to do them but that Blitzer play was awesome. Can't wait to pick ut a +ag on a positional ;)

Great match and thanks for the game! As you said it's always tight when we play and I keep waiting for Nuffle to give me the breaks I need to overcome this Luiggi-curse I seem to have :P

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

For the first time ever I watched a live match. Really interesting, thanks for telling me how to do that.

And it was a fascinating match to watch.

The first half were relatively equal although with some bad luck for the elves in the beginning that the chaos team capitalized on both by scoring and by forcing the elves to always play with fewer guys. But I got to watch some good strategies and tactical plays that really highlighted how good players are playing two very different teams against each other.

I considered not watching the second half since it seemed clear to me that the chaos would win a slow 2-1 grind feast. But I did watch it and what a fun half. Barmution had more or less no options or players left but managed to almost score anyway. I actually groaned when his last dodge failed.

/hakos

Barmution

Thanks for the moral support, Hakos!

Pros sure as heck seem to need it at times  ;D