S15 - Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

A thriller of a match sees Elves and Lizards draw 2-2 after Nuffle severely cursing both parties. Thanks for a great match Golden and gl further on!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on February 24, 2014, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on February 24, 2014, 01:20:00 PM
Hi there, kvasilad. Time for a bashfest.

As usual, my best chances are Tuesday and Thursday at 20.15-20.30. However, this week is special and I'll have Friday available all afternoon, yay!

Tell me if any of these suit you :)

Hi! Maybe this is the week I'll stop trying to play orcs as if they were elves! Surely can't go much worse than the first outing.

So, Thursday at 20:15 could work I _think_. I may have to bail on that, but if I do, I'll give at least half a day advance warning. Failing that, I'm afraid I'm away this weekend, but I'll be home in time for a Sunday evening game if that works for you.

Ok, let's hope we can settle for Thursday, I'm not sure Sunday is that good for me :S (that's why I offered Friday instead :D).

hakos

Quote from: Lars on February 24, 2014, 12:16:06 PM
Quote from: hakos on February 19, 2014, 08:55:55 PM
Lars: I will be in Shanghai for one week, 22/2 to 1/3. It would be great if we can play this game on 2/3. If that is not possible we might have to consider an admin loss for me.

/hakos

We can try to play at the evening 2/3 at 19:00 or so. (you will have an easy match after the massacre i sufferdin my first match)

/Lars

That time should work, although you will have a severe advantage. Physically I will be in swedish time zone but mentally in SH time zone ==> I will be very very tired.

Sorry to read about your losses in the first match. I got one dead blitzer in the first day so I'm also a bit massacred, although not as bad as you.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gurgeh on February 24, 2014, 09:05:24 PM

Thursday evening is the best time for me. Probably with a start around 20.00.
[/quote]

All righty, Thursday at around 20 is set, see you on the field!

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on February 24, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

Well, then I guess saturday at 21:00 is the time for us... :D
I am unavailable on friday and sunday...

Saturday it is :D
Ohh, I could be a bit late then.. 21:30 or so.. not sure.. is that Ok?

/B

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on February 25, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: equilibri on February 24, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

Well, then I guess saturday at 21:00 is the time for us... :D
I am unavailable on friday and sunday...

/B

No problem! Let us say 21:30!
See u on saturday!

//E

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on February 24, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

As usual, my best chances are Tuesday and Thursday at 20.15-20.30. However, this week is special and I'll have Friday available all afternoon, yay!

Hi! Maybe this is the week I'll stop trying to play orcs as if they were elves! Surely can't go much worse than the first outing.

So, Thursday at 20:15 could work I _think_. I may have to bail on that, but if I do, I'll give at least half a day advance warning. Failing that, I'm afraid I'm away this weekend, but I'll be home in time for a Sunday evening game if that works for you.

Ok, let's hope we can settle for Thursday, I'm not sure Sunday is that good for me :S (that's why I offered Friday instead :D).

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I can't do Thursday evening, and I am away for the weekend. I aim to be back home relatively early on Sunday if you have an opening there. If not, I'm afraid it's going to have to be next week.

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on February 26, 2014, 05:39:42 PM

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I can't do Thursday evening, and I am away for the weekend. I aim to be back home relatively early on Sunday if you have an opening there. If not, I'm afraid it's going to have to be next week.

Does Sunday at 19.00 work for you?

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on February 26, 2014, 10:21:29 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 26, 2014, 05:39:42 PM

Does Sunday at 19.00 work for you?

Yes, that should be perfect!

Gurgeh

That was a totally unfair match. The first half was ok. I managed to score a TD and then stop the norsemen from doing the same. The real unfairness started in the other half. First, none of his three knocked out players came back. Then I got a blitz and a werewolf managed the impressive feat of kicking the ball and then running over half the court to catch his own kick. And the game kept going like that. In the second to last turn the ball bounced straight into the arms of a werewolf who managed to put the final nail in the coffin with a third TD.

Hm... I see the game is uploaded twice. Did I make some mistake or did we both upload it?

J-Reedy

- Mr. Babblemoth! Mr. Babblmoth! What say yee to the acquisitions that the products of the Fantasy Armor Inc. are more likely to cause and maintain knock-outs than help prevent them?
- Why, that is ridicilous! All the armor from the Fantasy Armor Inc are guaranteed safe and sexy! They have proven to be very effective. I deduct that you refer to our team's latest game against the Wolf Hall. May I remind you that none, I say none, of our players suffered any permanent injury!
- Yes, but you must consider that three players were knocked out early and then the staff were unable to revive them even if they had three goes of it, that is very unlikely, last time that happened was when the Happy Lucky Halfling Chefs played against the orcish HITZ!, and even the knocked-out orc players from that match have admitted that they just pretended to be knocked out so that they wouldn't have to return to the field. I'm hearing rumours that your armor is too tight and thus prevents oxygen flow which hinders the knock-out recovery. How do you comment?
- By it's nature armor has to be tight to provide coverage, that I admit. But our products are designed to be safe and unhindering, thus they are not too tight, just tight enoug to be sexy! But now I must run, I have a meeting with a skink leather importer, have to get some insight into our next opponent!

This was an interesting match. Two of my players got KOd in the first defence and when 1 only out of 8 of my KO rolls succeeded that meant I was playing at least 2 men down all the match. Top that with a blitz on my first offence where wolf managed to get under the ball and catch it, with the 1/5 pickup success rate and Perfect defence on my second offence and you have an extremely frustrating second half. Even some bad luck from Gurgeh at the second half didn't help me as my guys just had forgotten how to move and handle the ball. Nice game from Gurgeh. Good luck in rest of the games!

Add-on: I removed the extra upload.

Mr B

[/quote]

/B
[/quote]

No problem! Let us say 21:30!
See u on saturday!

//E
[/quote]
Dude looks like i will be a bit late.
Will 22:00 work for you. I will do my best to get on as fast as i can.
Sorry for the probs

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on March 01, 2014, 09:06:12 PM

Sorry for the probs

No probs! I will wait online, so just challenge when u are ready!

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on March 01, 2014, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: Mr B on March 01, 2014, 09:06:12 PM

Sorry for the probs

No probs! I will wait online, so just challenge when u are ready!
Online now..  :o

equilibri

Well, the whole game it seemed like it was pouring rain but somebody forgot to start the visual effects...
Lots of fumbling with the ball from both sides but the demons managed to steal the ball during the orcs half and score a TD.

Second half the demons fumbled the ball out in the crowd and they threw it in so it landed on the orcs half close to a couple of blitzers and the thrower... 8 turns later a lucky Black Orc that got the ball on a bounce could score the final score.

Two skills on Black Orcs (one of them did all 3 cas in this game...) so the game was a win for Da Freeboooterz!

Thanx for the game, MrB!