S15 - Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on February 16, 2014, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: equilibri on February 16, 2014, 12:12:02 PM
I am trying to report my first game in BBM, but there is no Season 15 there...

Yes, it is there, called #9139 NUL:S15

Found it! Thanx!

And here is the report:

It was 2 green teams that faced each other today.
The goblins couldn't defend the ball in the first half, mostly because the trolls didn't do anything right. (mostly Really Stupid, but also a turnover on a block early) The Bombardier did good until a Freebooter decided to put him in the KO-booth.
After a couple of failed Gobbo-dodges an Orc blitzer could enter the endzone turn 8 for the first TD.

Second half wasn't to different from the first.
A couple of KO:s in the Goblinteam, but no casualties, and The Freebooterz defended the ballcarrier in a stabile way so that they could score in their turn 16.

The last kick-off gave the game its first and only casualty! And it was a fumbled throw from the Bombardier... :D

Thanx for the game, Gnarkill!
Good luck in the next ones!

Gnaarkill

Thank you for an entertaining game Equilibri!

Your orc pirates really had good manners not to kill or injure any of my gobbos, we had to do it ourselves  :D

The orcs had good positioning and took out the gobbos secret weapons early on. Without them the goblin pirates started to doubt their chances to win and wanted to sail to some halfling village to raid something in their own size  ;D
And it didnt got much better that the orcs managed to cut of the trolls from their goblin friends, leaving them to wonder what to do next for a couple of turns  8)

/Gnaarkill

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on February 16, 2014, 10:37:06 AM
Hi kvasi, when will you be able to play next week?

I can play on Monday and Thursday, don't know about the weekend yet but it will probably be possible to get a game in.

Thursday sounds good! 19?

hakos

And the season is started, yay, in a tradition true to blood bowl, lots of blod has been spilled. Other coaches will be happy to hear that this match ended with one dead elf blitzer and one wolf with a permanent limp that surely will slow him down.

Let's have a slient minute for Darth Vitus.

Nah, he was weak in the force and got what he deserved. Let's party instead.

The opening turn set the stage for what was to come when one of the wolf put some claws into the stomach of Darth Caba. He will miss the next game. After that it was time for some dodge and delay tactics. It turned out well, managed to get Gurgeh to move too close to the sidelines. In turn 3 I could arrange for a nice chainpush so that the zombie, who unfortunately got hold on the ball on the kick, met the audience, close up. The ball was throwned in at the other side of the pitch and the charming witch elf, Darth Traya could pick it up. A Cage was formed and we tried to move forward, but the necro managed to move quickly and closed up the hole. Had to turn back, throw the ball to Darth Nox, who for some reason was alone. He caught the ball and could sprint out of reach of even the wolves. In turn 8 he scored 1-0 for the Dark side.

Time for second half, 9-10 in players to the necro's advantage. Thanks  to a total of 4 badly hurts in the first half. On the other hand, by precise cutting, when the judge were not looking, the two missing necro player was one wolf and one ghoul so it was a much slower team in this half. Darth Traya had some probems picking up the ball, but then she finally managed to do that, she never let go of it until she had run over almost the entire field and scored. The rest of the team understood who was the leader and therefore protected her with all they got. Especially Darth Vitus who got completely ripped apart by a really furious wolf. But who cares, loss of a weak Sith is just good, especially when the Dark side leads with 2-0.

It seems the judge was the bloodthirsty type, and wanted more of it, so he turned back the clock one turn. Turn 13 started interestingly when the first block for Gurgeh showed two skulls and he had no RR left. I could not reach the ball but could make a hole in his line and move in a couple of hunters close to the ball. This cost me the last RR. So the last 2*3 turns were played entirely without RR. In turn 14 Darth Traya almost made it. She jumped up, dodge'd a zombie, picked up the ball, went for the end zone, running hard, one gfi ok, but in the last second, she fell. As Sith there is no safe way, there is only complete dedication. To secure Traya's foolish run for glory and 3-0 the rest of the team was lying down after being surrounded by angry dead people who just clubbed them down whenever they tried to stand up again. A Wight managed to pick up the ball from the end zone, hand over it to the lonely wolf, who ran all he could and as the last thing happening in match, he scored. 2-1 to the Dark side.

In summary, the match was mostly even, very bloody, 5 BH and 1 KO. What determined the result was probably a slight positioning mistake from Gurgeh in the first half that allowed me my chain push, but I also got helped a bit by his bad 1D result (-15).

Thanks for the match Gurgeh, it was certainly entertaining.

/hakos

Lars

Quote from: Luiggi on February 15, 2014, 12:02:19 AM
Ok, Lars, time to kick off what will probably be a turnover festival. My main chances of playing are Tuesday or Thursday at 20.15-20.30 gmt +1.

Please tell me if these don't work for you so we can try to find a suitable date.

I an away in a skiing trip. Wont be back on my computer intill sunday the 23:rd and i can play all day
/Lars

Luiggi

I guess our only chance is to play on Sunday afternoon then! :D I should be home by 19.00, but I'll give you a more accurate estimate around Friday.

Have fun in your trip, don't break a leg!

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: kvasilad on February 16, 2014, 04:21:03 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on February 16, 2014, 10:37:06 AM
Hi kvasi, when will you be able to play next week?

I can play on Monday and Thursday, don't know about the weekend yet but it will probably be possible to get a game in.

Thursday sounds good! 19?
Later would work better for me, could you start 20.30? It depends a bit on when the hocket final in the olympics ends.

The Golden Arrow

Sorry kvasi but some real life stuff has come up. Is it possible to reschedule to some time this weekend?

Lars

Quote from: Luiggi on February 16, 2014, 10:18:53 PM
I guess our only chance is to play on Sunday afternoon then! :D I should be home by 19.00, but I'll give you a more accurate estimate around Friday.

Sounds good i will check in from time to time and see if The time change
/Lars

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on February 17, 2014, 10:28:15 AM
Sorry kvasi but some real life stuff has come up. Is it possible to reschedule to some time this weekend?

Hmm, I think Sunday evening would work. I'll have to get back to with an exact time, but I think I can do about 20:00

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on February 16, 2014, 10:18:53 PM
Haha, I hear it.. I'll help you with that when we are on the pitch..

That would be awesome to finish it on Sunday.
Thanks.
/B

J-Reedy

- Welcome to the after-match press conference of the match between the Fantasy Armor Inc. and Zlluga Boys! Unfortunately, instead of coaches we only have today the representative from the Fantasy Armor Inc. - the company, not the team - available for interview as the coach of the norse team has passed out - rumour has it that he took a whiff of the breath of his star blitzer and got drunk as a cockroach in a Take A Killa shot just from the fumes exhaled by the said player. As to the goblin coach, he is being interviewed by various goblin medias as a rising star manager - that is to be expected as coach managed to get a draw despite suffering whopping five injuries! However, the norse side also suffered casualties, one of which will probably leave the promising linenorse Protectacrotz - he is one of the players in the team that agreed to change his name - suffering from permanent weakening injury. Also, norse side suffered whopping six Knock-Outs during the match. Mr. Babblemoth from the Fantasy Armor Inc, is your armor proving to be inferior, I mean even goblins seem to manage to brake it quite regularly and with ease?
- That is not true, if you had observed the match closely, you would've seen that most of the knock-outs were caused by a chainsaw - how it got onto the field is a mystery to me - and the Troll players known for hitting hard. If it wasn't for our armor, our team would've probably been decimated, killed, slaughtered! Just like our emerging star woflman Boris Valley You slaughtered the troll Beerbelly who, by the way, was wearing armor of the Datrollclothz company. It was only the regenerative prowess of the Beerbelly the troll that kept him in the game! But if Beerbelly would've worn armor from our Big, Tall and Boneheaded(tm) lineup, he wouldn't probably have to have used his regenerative abilities!
- But what about the serious injury that smashed the collar bone of the poor Protectacrotz?
- Ah, but there you see the problem! Protectacrotz was naturally wearing our Protectacrotz(tm) crotch protector and it seems it was so comfortable and sexy that he had forgotten to accessorize it with our Collarguard(tm) strap!
- Enough about the armor, how about the game itself tactically, do you have any opinion on that?
- Well, our team naturally scored fast and with relative ease as our armor products provide not only excellent coverage and  protection but also freedom to move fast!
- No, no, no. Enough about the armor. What about the last play, why did the play to get a player to scoring position involve a wolfman blitz and dodge and not a pure linenorse blitz?
- Well, our line of products aimed for the most wolfish players provides excellent coverage but also keeps all the nasty hair in place! That's why most wereplayers favour our Smoothair Protectors(tm) lineupe where every player can find products that keep the hairs out of the way so that you can move freely but that also enchance your beastly appearance to the sexiesth degree!
- No, no, I meant why did you have to try the blitz with the clumsiest player on your team?
- You might feel clumsy in any other armor, but not in one made by Fantasy Armor Inc! We have the most protective and most daring armors out there! Armors that'll leave spectators gasping and enchance...
- No use. We're done here. Back to studio guys.

Violent affair this one, first it looked like goblins couldn't brake norse armor how matter how hard they tried. But then the chainsaw guy got his groove and trolls started laying down some smack and soon norse were being knocked out left and right. I scored fast in the first half and then managed to stay the goblin offence but lost a linenorse (-ST, apo tried to kill him good) and then the KOs also started piling up at this point. Goblins were also dwindling down but with their superior numbers they managed to keep a one goblin advantage throughout the second half. I managed to take down the ball-carrier twice but then Muller scored the equalizer with the third little guy. At the end I had a scoring chance but as all my rerolls were spent all those chances were quite theoretical so the match ended in my failed dodge. Nice game from Muller, his specialty players really proved their worth. Unfortunately two of them will be out from the next match as pogo-sticker and fanatic got serious injuries. Nice game and good luck in future matches, Muller!

muller71

That was realy a thight match. Felt like a loss before we even started. You played very good, But I was lucky in second half. Good luck to you too.

Luiggi

Hey, Lars. I'll have to push back our match to 20.00, some stuff came up. I hope it's ok for you.

See you in 2 days!

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on February 17, 2014, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on February 17, 2014, 10:28:15 AM

Hmm, I think Sunday evening would work. I'll have to get back to with an exact time, but I think I can do about 20:00

Turns out 20 might be tight, I think Sunday at 21:00 is good for me. Does that work for you?