S15 - Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Yes it does, see you then.

Lars

Quote from: Luiggi on February 21, 2014, 05:20:33 PM
Hey, Lars. I'll have to push back our match to 20.00, some stuff came up. I hope it's ok for you.

See you in 2 days!

20 will work fine see you in a couple of hours

Barmution

The Elves of the Unbreakable Panzer Squad almost lived up to their name:

TBH Bantha got the shit stick from his horrid block dice and although I was very unelf-like in my dodging and ball-handling his b-dice just weren't up to capitalizing on it.

GG, Bantha. Let's hope you see less red on the dice in the future.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

The lizards have entered the competition and they did so with style, winning 3-0 over the orcs and succeeding with the important stuff they needed to do. Thanks a lot for the game Kvasi, you were a real sport as always. You'll get the hang of them orcs in no time (first lesson seems to be, they're not elves) :P

First half I managed to tag his ballcarrier in the backfield with a saurus which pushed his team back and set up the line of engagement on his side of the field. Then a few turns of brawling followed were I tried to match up the skinks with his non block players and the saurus against the blitzers (and thrower :P). This worked out great and the skinks were really durable (dodge against non blockers and him rolling bad for armour rolls does that). One saurus got knocked out though and he stayed that way for the whole game. After some back and forth I managed to steal the ball and score 1-0. Then he only had 3 turns to equalise which I managed to stop. One saurus got knocked out though and he stayed that way for the whole game. I very nearly managed to steal the ball and score again as well when he left his ballcarrier way to isolated and I swarmed him on turn 15, but even skinks must fail some rolls.

In the second drive I got an awesome kick right on the los to the side that I had planned to attack on and also a high kick so I got an extra skink there. That meant that I was able to cage up on his side of the field and he couldn't stop me from doing a two turner. Then followed some turns where I tried to stop him from scoring for as long as possible while started getting his mojo on and injured players left and right. I was very successful in stalling him even with a reduced team and then he did a mistake and placed his ballcarrier next to a prone saurus. Strength four is good and I managed to knock down the ballcarrier and eventually pick up the ball and score the last goal in turn 16.

Mr B

hehe, Thanks Barm..
Just checked the stats and I'm almost up to 50% of the block dice were Skull or Block/Skull.. which is quite bad for me and the team.
9 Turn overs from blocks.. More than one entire half.

It was hard before we started this made it impossible..
Quite lucky you rolled tons of 1 on pickup and dodges though.

Cheers and good luck out there..
/Brother B

Luiggi

The Chaos side bashed the Wood Elves and took home a 2-0 win, though the result could have been way different if skulls hadn't punished the Wardancers early on. They had 3 attempts on the carrier, but all of them resulted in a skull. With rerolls burned easily and Chaos knocking out elves in bunches, the elves were outmanned the whole match. One of the Wardancers suffered a broken neck injury after a push to the stands in the first half, and the other Wardancer was pushed off-field as well and KO'd at the beginning of the second half thanks to a Blitz! result. With the Catcher being injured soon thereafter, only a few line elves remained to try and score, but the pitch was crawling with beastmen, who took the ball from them and scored in turn 16.

I was very lucky with the KOs (also POWs), both Blitzes, and the fact that Lars failed 3 4+ rolls on the carrier to knock the ball loose. Once the Wardancers were removed for good, it was practically game over. My beastmen managed to stay on the pitch all game long, despite suffering a few blocks... -12 luck for Lars in that department too :S

So all in all, a great result for the Chaos side, with a total 17 SPP obtained (unfortunately I rolled double 1 for GP earned, but I won't complain after the dicerape, obviously).

On the other hand, the elves will have a hard time recovering from losing a Wardancer so early, and will head into MD 2 with no positionals except for a WD. Better luck next games, Lars!

Next stop for Chaos: Orcs! We'll see how the fearsome Greenskins fare against my outstrengthed and outblocked squad :D