THE FINAL!

Started by J-Reedy, May 20, 2014, 09:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty, here's a thread for the finals talk. This year's finals will be disoriented goat men against walking luggage. That is, Luiggi's ColaChaos against Golden Arrow's Spawnin Brothers. Play on mates!

I WILL do a season recap at some point as I have some ideas for it, I'm just so effin' busy at work now. Only two weeks until holiday...

Luiggi

Righty! With 0 losses this season, no injured players and a brand new Kroxigor (2 MVP and 1 TD in 4 matches, impressive!), this will for sure be the toughest nut to crack for the Chaos.

This week I can only play on Thursday (kick-off between 20.00 and 21.00) and on Sunday (19.30 to 21.00, maybe even earlier). As always, if they don't suit you, just tell me when you can and I'll see if I can adapt.

The Golden Arrow

Well well, this will surely be a very interesting game. I don't really know when I'm free this week, lots of stuff to catch up on but bpth those times sounds pretty doable. I will get back to you when I know what times I am free.

The Golden Arrow

Ok it seems like tonight is doable. Start at 20.30?

Luiggi

Luiggi

The final is over and Cola Chaos conquer the championship after winning 2-0.

The first half was very, very tight, with very few take outs and a nicely executed aggressive defence by the lizards. They saw an opportunity and attempted the big play, but a nasty dodge roll ruined it all; the first touchdown was scored.

However, the second half was too one sided. A failed pick up put a lot of pressure on the skinks, who were fighting beastmen alone as the saurii and Kroxi were engaged in the halfway line. Just when they caged up nicely after struggling for a couple of turns, another skink catastrophe happened, and an easy dodge was failed, leaving the carrier wide open. The ball got knocked loose, an agile beastman picked it up in a TZ and made a run for it. The skink recovered it near his own end-zone, though. The losses were too heavy for the lizardmen, though, and Chaos was all over the place. The minotaur's tentacles proved really useful, locking down a saurus and a skink for a few turns before removing them from the field. The final desperate attempt by a sprinting skink met its end, since they were so outnumbered there was always a Tackling safety to stop the offence. With only a few lizards on the field, the goats picked the ball up and scored the final touchdown!

----------------------

This minotaur has got to be the MVP of the match and the season... This game he has stunned the Kroxigor 3 times (2 of them in the first 3 turns, with Thick Skull saving the Kroxi), KO'd a few saurus and held the opposing pieces in place with his tentacles. In 13 matches, he has broken 52 armors, made 18 KO's and inflicted 14 Cas, and has being KO'd twice and injured once. I doubt this team would have succeeded without him.

1d6: -5.56 vs 18.06
2d6: -1.83 vs 12.05

'Nuff(le) said. I guess I'll have to thank Nuffle above all because everything just went my way. The first half was even but the second one did not make any sense. Skinks seemed to still be in the swamp, because they kept slipping over and struggling to hold the ball. Kudos to The Golden Arrow for taking that second half well and for finishing the regular season on top and being undefeated until the final... I feel that overall he has made a more solid season, but luck favored me in both key play-off matches.

With this game I retire for a few months, I intend to come back for season 17 but I am still not sure work will allow me to join... Thanks everyone for all the games played this season and for this great league and community. Have fun in season 16!

hakos

Congratulations

Well done to topple the "unbeatable" lizards

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game. You definently deserved the win. In addition to the dice were with you I think you played better than me :) I guess the lizards will just have to come back next season and try again...

Gnaarkill

Congratulations to both of the finalists!

And a big up for Luiggi, The Champ, GG!  ;D

Lars

Barmution

Congrats to Luiggi, commisserations to TGA.

Have a nice break and catch you later, Luiggi. Don't let work take over completely  ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Grats, well done.
Take a good leave and come back when you are ready.
I'd hate to lose two good players in this after seasonal games.

Cheers

tags

Congratulations on the win Luiggi! That's actually... 4 seasons won in a row? That is pretty impressive, I must say!

I guess other teams will have a chance if you step aside for a season then :P

Seriously though, hope to see you back for season 17 :)

Luiggi

Thank you all for the congratulations! I will certainly be back for season 17 unless something big happens in my work environment :)

Have a nice Season 16!