S16 - Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on August 12, 2014, 11:27:07 AM
Yo, i mean... Yarr!

How about a match on Sunday Barm?
12.00 CEST, would that suit you, you landlubber?

/Gnaar
That sounds good, me mitey matey!

Ye got yerself a date :D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on August 14, 2014, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on August 12, 2014, 11:27:07 AM
Yo, i mean... Yarr!

How about a match on Sunday Barm?
12.00 CEST, would that suit you, you landlubber?

/Gnaar
That sounds good, me mitey matey!

Ye got yerself a date :D

Haha  ;D
Nice, see you on sunday matey  ;D

muller71

Quote from: hakos on August 12, 2014, 06:09:18 PM
Hi Muller

I'm still on vacation and can play any time this week or next week. Just let me know what date & time you prefer.

/hakos

Hi Hakos.
I can play tonight (Sunday) or monday starting at 21 CEST.

hakos

Quote from: muller71 on August 17, 2014, 09:41:48 AM
Hi Muller

I'm still on vacation and can play any time this week or next week. Just let me know what date & time you prefer.

/hakos

Hi Hakos.

Tomorrow evening is not that good. Got some visitors at that time.

Tonight (Sunday) could work, depending on how you define "tonight"...

/hakos

Barmution

Another loss but at least this one was somewhat enjoyable due to the erratic nature of Gobbos:

I think that 1st half must be legendary in the Hall of Failure, even for the Panzer Squad. 2 snake eyes at the worst possible times + blocking turnover and a Gobbo interception. Going into 2nd half vs Gobbos w 3 hurt Elves and 1 KOd vs not a single missing goblin was a fair bit demoralizing but luckily the 2nd half turned out a whole lot better, allowing me a couple of TDs myself + some hurt Gobbos. At that point Gnaars final 1TTD which consisted of handing off from his Troll (!), who got the ball from the kick scatter, to a Goblin in 2 TZs and then throwing a perfect TTM with Morg in the Blinding Sun and ofc sticking the landing, didn't really bother me as I can dump these cursed losers once and for all.

Good riddeance to bad trash, Panzer Squad! You're going to the Elf Sausage Factory.

GG and thanks for an enjoyable match, Gnaar! I'm sure your Gobbos will celebrate that win in a regal manner ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Congratulations on the first win for the pirate gobbos, Gnaarkill !

/hakos

muller71

Quote from: hakos on August 17, 2014, 09:53:38 AM
Quote from: muller71 on August 17, 2014, 09:41:48 AM
Hi Muller

/hakos

Hi Hakos.

Tomorrow evening is not that good. Got some visitors at that time.

/hakos

Starting at 21CEST.

hakos

Quote from: muller71 on August 17, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

/hakos

Starting at 21CEST.

Perfect, see you tonight then

/hakos

Mr B

One strange game vs Orcs, there was a Big MTF Sun out there to day.

1-0 to the Kvasilads Orc's, undamaged they dodge to freedom and took the lead.

In a hurry the might kick sailed the ball out, out, out in the sky.. and was lost in the sun.
Ref gave it to the ThrowRahh who took it. With the ball run, run and run in to the Zone... and was lost in the zone (the ball).
1-1

Second half, the sun took the best out of two BOB's, the third was sent to the Box of pain, leaving one left.
Settling 10 players vs 11 Scarab buzzing beauties, also missing one Tomb Guard.
"Hey, you'r Born in the SUN, get out there!"
'Shut up little Coach, I have a paper cut here!'

The Gitz, felt, "We do it Nowsch, or Neaversch!"
Dodge pushing it to the soon surrounded Throwahh who scored the 1-1 TD, now with a new ball.
He felt the pressure, and just walked away from it all, 'Take that Elbow ORC!' His friends tripping attempt did not reach it's target.
Totally collapsed there was one more attempt, but again Sotayt slammed down the attempt to hinder him.
So all orc's where blinded, laying down on the pitch..
"Hey, ReF!, Do something!"
Sotay, went alone, kept jogging, and stopped before the Zone....
And stayed, yupp, that was the whistle..

"WTF!"
'Soo nice Sun man, felt soo good. My Scarabs were happy man, we won!'
"eeh No... it was a DRAW!! When will you Learn how to count!"
'Ahh, what does it matter man, calm down we had a good weather man'
"Sigh"

Thanks for the game mate!
Fun, I always think this, what if he or me.. miss clicks..
See ya next season, with something!

tags

Thanks for the game B! And also, the surprise point :P

After a close-fought first half, the sun left me with too little muscle second half, and I was completely dominated. After a few turns, I stopped getting up, really, as there was so little I could do, so I basically forfeited the game. However, the chat must be distracting, as the time ran out on the 16th turn without a winning TD!

Well, it should definitely have been a win for DDG, and at least morally, it was.

hakos

What a way to end the season, that might have been the most random and fun match for the whole season. Let's go through the highlights turn by turn.

1: A troll BH's one linelf, gobbo's fail the pickup and the ball is marked by the elfs.

2: Gobbos and Trolls pushes both players and ball around, the ball Bounces at least 4 times. One elf is placed in the TD zone, the ball is picked up but the TD catch fails and the ball is out of bounds, throwed in close to both teams.

3: The chainsaw guy KO'd Malak, gobbos get's the ball but loses it again when trying to dodge away. A elf picks up the ball and try to make a TD pass but the pass fails. Ah, right, it is the running elf team I play, not the passing one, need to remember that

4: Poor gobbos, the chainsawy guy is KO'd, another gobbo dies and the pickup fails

5: Both trolls have forgotten how to move, the elfs get the ball

6: Once again both trolls have forgotten how to move, so the coach tries the fireball gamble instead, the elfs lose the ball, everyone down, but not even one is stunned. Instead a chainpush of both Morg and a gobbo off the field is attempted. Morg goes down but stays on the field, the gobbo is out, though

7: The trolls continue to be stupid but the gobbos gets the ball, elfs get it back

8: Morg BH's Hannah and gets the ball. 5 elves surrounds Morg, two of them stand in the TD zone. Once again Morg goes down, this time due to a wrestle elf. The ball bounces to the first elf in the TD zone who fails to catch it. But the other elf in there, Hadra, catches it and the most surprising TD this season is made

BREAK

9: Hadra BH's a gobbo. With 2 BH and 1 TD Hadra is now definitely the elf of the match. The ball is in a elven cage and the goblins don't do that much except that the chainsaw guy KO's himself. Dangerous things, these chainsaw's

10: The elf Cage moves into the gobbo side but Beerbelly throws a goblin straight at the ball carrier, Vader, and hits him square in the head, he goes down. The ball is loose and the gobbos manage to pick it up and sneak it into protection by at least 5 gobbos

11: Malak dodges and then leaps over the head of the surprised gobbos, reach the ball carrier and knocks him down, the ball is loose yet again. Beerbelly, the troll of the match, KO'd Malak in revenge and the gobbos get's the ball back

12: The ball gobbo is surrounded on almost all sides, but manages to escape, the other troll tries to throw him into a safe position but the landing fails and ball is loose.

13: One more gobbo is BH, the ball bounces between at least 5 players but no one can catch the slippery thing. Probably too much goblin blood on it

14: One more gobbo is BH, Qalar manages to get the ball. Duh, the other troll, get's double skull and goes down

15: Qalar runs, Duh get's another skull and goes down

16: Qalar scores, There is a riot and the final pass for the gobbos fail

That's the way to end a blood bowl season. Thanks for a very fun game Muller.

I checked the stats afterwards and you're blocking were really subpar, but the 1D and 2D were much better than I thought during the match, seems you just happened to fail at exactly the wrong time. Did not see any bad play from your sides, only some desperate ones when you had no other options. So, well done, considering all that happened.

EDIT: Kind of funny to see the ball possesion numbers above considering how rare it was for us to keep the ball in our hands

/Hakos

equilibri

Lars!

I am waiting online for our match. Will be waiting a bit more, so drop in when u are ready!

//Equilibri

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on August 17, 2014, 01:58:18 PM
GG and thanks for an enjoyable match, Gnaar! I'm sure your Gobbos will celebrate that win in a regal manner ;)

And thank you Barm for being a good sport even in the suckiest situations!

Oh man, i can't even describe how happy i was after that win! Me and me maties were celebrating all night long!
The crew wanted me to walk the plank but i told them that is not a correct celebration. So we picked up a couple of snotlings instead and shot them from the cannons ;D

With a really strengthened self confidence The Pirates will now go in for the next season trying to take the golden goblet back to their pirate cove. I told the team not to be that enthusiastic but they just would not listen.
Bah.. what the heck!?
They are livnin' the dream! I'll let them have that :D

Signed,
1st Captain Gnaarkill *Living the dream*
End of log.

See you guys next season! ;D

equilibri

Well, at least it wasn't a draw this time, but I will crush that armor-salesman that sold that armor to my boyz!

And the apothecary has become dogfood after this game... Ok, he saved a blitzer from dying, but lowered strength is almost as bad...

Well, undefeated for a whole season, and still "only" fourth place... :D Gotta learn to score more touchdowns!

Thanx for the game, Lars! See u next season, I hope!

Lars

yhea thanks for the match I almost could make a it a draw if we could have had the rounds that was stolen from me by the riot in the second half.
good luckmin the playoff  if you make it there.

/Lars