S16 - Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Deer Mum and Dad
Sorry for being aways so long but mr. Gron wanted us, me and him and the sending imps of course, to see all the matches of the latest round of NUL so we've been travelling all abouts, or as mr. Gron says, we've been hitting the road as hard as a D'an Juan hits on women. I didn'ts know who D'an Juan was so mr. Gron had to explain to me that he was the orc blitzer who once scored 19 casual-tees in a single match against amazons. Mr. Gron said he had, mr. Juan that is, not mr. Gron, hired extra doctor himself to heal the amazons so that he could get the record and then he also hitted on the ref cause he was a woman and they counted that as a casual-tee.

So we started from the elfish woods where the Unkebab-babble Panzar Squaws playeds against Dhe Freeboobers. It was a nice forest and there was lots of rabbits there. I didn'ts see lots of the match as I was looking after the sender imps, Lucy had a fallout with Ben so Ben has been irradiated with her all time, so I've had to look out for them extra carefully. I'm sorry mum that I had to take the imps aways, I know you likes looking at their stuff but they promised to act out all the most interesting stuff to you when we gets back home. But the orkies winned at the end and mr. Gron said that those elfs are as brittle as fairies and play as well which made me wonder cause I remembers how you always says that uncle Benjy is a fagot fairy and he's doesn't look very brittle and I don'ts ever remember him playing anything but trumpet. So I asked about mr. Gron about that and he laughed which was nice cause it made the trip to Khemry seem a bit shorter. You sees, we next went to Khemry to see the Droopy Deaf Gorgonzolas play against the Fancy Armhairink.

There was lots of sand in Khemry but no rabbits which was a bit sad but I dids see lots of cats and toilety paper sellers about. The toilety paper sellers there are really funnies looking cause they carrys all their paper all wrapped abouts themselves. I didn't see much of the match cause there were these cats that I was stroking and I'm guessing mr. Gron always likes cats cause he said after the match that he's about to go do some heavy petting in a cathouse and asked if I wanted to go also but I says that I'd already done enough petting and mr. Gron was all surprised and asked if it had been a cheery-leader and I didn't understand what he meant so I just sayed no and that I'd just been stroking so many pussies so hard that I didn't want to do any petting anymore. Mr. Gron looked even more surprised and said that he wouldn't have figured me such a player and that he could be knocked out right then and theres as easily as the norsey players. I don'ts know what he meant about me being a player cause I haven't played Blood Bowl neverever but I did understand the bit about the norseys cause they were carrying them off the field every other turn so no wonder that they losted the game.

Next day we travelled to mountains where the In Church Off No Wights played against the Spooning Bothers and mr. Gron kept asking me all about girls and stuff how I talks to them so I told him I really don'ts talk lots to girls cause I'm so bashful and most girls think me kind of dopey and some girls make me all sneezy cause of that powder stuff they put abouts themselves as you know how the doc said that is cause I'm all-ergik to it. So I tolds mr. Gron that I always just looks grumpy near the girls and just wait for the  happy times in bed and get really sleepy fast. Mr. Gron looked really surprised again and said I was a gee-nice-us to be so good at playing hard to get. The mountains were nice but there were no rabbits but lots of goats about and we went into this mountain and there was a big field where they played the match but then at the end one of the roof beams crashed and fell on the dwarf folk but mr. Gron says that was ou-key as the liss-arts had already decided the match and won fair and square. I didn't understand which fair they had won cause I hadn't seen any fairs or carnivals there but maybe the dwarf fairs are different. But there were lots of stone squares so no wonder the liss-arts won some of them.

Next day we hadn't much to go from the mountains cause we were going close to sea Sloogey Bois play the Newt Ork Kids on the Block. That's the name of the gobble-in stadium, Block I means. There were no rabbits about and I wondered about that and mr. Gron said it was cause the gobble-ins eat them all so they keep all quiets and careful and I said to mr. Gron that sounds like uncle Johnsey when auntie Bob gets home from work and mr. Gron laughed again.  I didn't see much of the match but mr. Gron said it was amazing that he had never before seen so many casual-tees caused by a team that was only awarded one casual-tee and that the gobble-ins had won. Then we went to see the other gobble-in team, Owl-Wordly Pie-Rats. Mr. Gron said that everybody had thought that they were lost at see but then they had crashed into the Shith City all of a sudden with their ship and everybody is sayings how that is a sign of great see-man-ship cause the closest see to Shith City is hundredy leagues away and so the Lardsy Shits agreed to play the Pie-Rats even though they had thought the gobble-ins were all lost. And they was true about the see, there was no water abouts but there was lots of rabbits which made me happy. But the gobble-ins did-nat look very happy cause the Shitsy Lardsys whupped them and mr. Gron says that is cause there's too many captains in the Pie-Rats and every captain has only one non-captain to shout to, so that when one of the non-captains gets hurt, one captains starts shouting to other captain's non-captain or to other captain and that messes the things about.

So that is where we've been but now we are coming homes but I don'ts know how long it will take cause the Pie-Rats agreed to take us along with their ship cause we're going to sea them play against the Fancy Armhairink and we've now been sitting here on the deck waiting for the tide to rise and mr. Gron is getting really frustrated. But maybe we seas next week cause that's then they have the game!
Luv,
Nippy

J-Reedy

OK, looks like the week 7 is done and it's time to move onto the week 8!

About the missing stats, the Old World Pirate's week 6 match (can't remember against whom, maybe Lars?) was an admined win because Gnaarkill was away, so there won't be any stats about that to upload.

So, let's get to business, Gnaarkill! Here are my OK starting times (CEST/GMT+2 as normal) for rest of the week:
- Saturday any time after 11
- Sunday any time before 17

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. My next available times will probly be Tuesday-Thursday but I'll know about those later in the weekend.

PS TO ALL THE NORWEGIANS! I just booked myself into the Oslo Marathon last week so I'll be invading your lovely country in September and I was wondering if any of you folks have any insights into the comic book stores (with english comics/books) / gaming stores in or about Oslo? My google-fu gives me basically these five and few other that don't seem so interesting. Outland seems to be some kind of franchise store that are all about in Norway, is that any good?

hakos

Great write-up Mr Reedy

Barmution, from this friday I'm on vacation and have basically nothing to do for at least a week. How about playing some fine blood bowl? I promise to do everything I can to change the result compared to last time we met.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on July 30, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
Great write-up Mr Reedy

Barmution, from this friday I'm on vacation and have basically nothing to do for at least a week. How about playing some fine blood bowl? I promise to do everything I can to change the result compared to last time we met.

/hakos

Seconding you on the write-up, Hakos. I'm also on vacation from this Friday on and would like to engage in some fine sports with you. Unfortunately my program is rather tightly scheduled up until Sunday, but how about an early (12ish) or late (21-22ish) match on Sunday? After that I'll be away until next Friday but then I'll basically be available any time.

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Hi Bantha, I will be away until next Wednesday. I can play wednesday night and probably the days after. I don't know my schedule though so we'll see.

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on July 31, 2014, 09:10:56 AM

Seconding you on the write-up, Hakos. I'm also on vacation from this Friday on and would like to engage in some fine sports with you. Unfortunately my program is rather tightly scheduled up until Sunday, but how about an early (12ish) or late (21-22ish) match on Sunday? After that I'll be away until next Friday but then I'll basically be available any time.

Cheers!
-Barm

12 on sunday should work fine, we can have the late time on sunday as a back-up plan

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on July 31, 2014, 09:42:42 AM
Hi Bantha, I will be away until next Wednesday. I can play wednesday night and probably the days after. I don't know my schedule though so we'll see.
Hi Goldie, not sure about Wednesday or Thursdays they are not optimal for me. How is the Friday any chance there?

Mr B

Btw... fantastic stories J-Reedy!!
I'll by your book when it's out.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 30, 2014, 06:39:30 PM
So, let's get to business, Gnaarkill! Here are my OK starting times (CEST/GMT+2 as normal) for rest of the week:
- Saturday any time after 11
- Sunday any time before 17

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. My next available times will probly be Tuesday-Thursday but I'll know about those later in the weekend.

As always J-R, great entertaining fluff texts, love em! :)

How about 12.00 on sunday?

The goblins fleet is standing ready! 8)
Yarr harr!

/Gnaarkill, Captain

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Mr B on July 31, 2014, 11:02:40 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on July 31, 2014, 09:42:42 AM
Hi Goldie, not sure about Wednesday or Thursdays they are not optimal for me. How is the Friday any chance there?

There's a chance but I won't know until next week.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on July 31, 2014, 11:18:33 AM

Yarr harr!

/Gnaarkill, Captain

The norse will be parking their longboats aside your fleet on coming Sunday at noon. Prepare to be boarded, captain!

J-Reedy

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 31, 2014, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on July 31, 2014, 11:18:33 AM

Yarr harr!

/Gnaarkill, Captain

The norse will be parking their longboats aside your fleet on coming Sunday at noon. Prepare to be boarded, captain!
Hi Gnaar. Sorry for hassle but is there any chance of starting the match already at 11? My friend has an extra ticket for Guardians of Galaxy and I'd like to see that but the 12 o'clock start would make that hard for me.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 31, 2014, 04:43:13 PM
Hi Gnaar. Sorry for hassle but is there any chance of starting the match already at 11? My friend has an extra ticket for Guardians of Galaxy and I'd like to see that but the 12 o'clock start would make that hard for me.

Yea sure!

Prepare to board my wrecks at noon minus one hour! ;D

Sunday @11.00 it is!

/Gnaarkill

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 30, 2014, 06:39:30 PM
PS TO ALL THE NORWEGIANS! I just booked myself into the Oslo Marathon last week so I'll be invading your lovely country in September and I was wondering if any of you folks have any insights into the comic book stores (with english comics/books) / gaming stores in or about Oslo? My google-fu gives me basically these five and few other that don't seem so interesting. Outland seems to be some kind of franchise store that are all about in Norway, is that any good?

Maybe I'll try to see you there :)

Yes, Outland is a franchise store, but it's pretty decent. They used to have multiple locations in Oslo, but they only have one left. It's pretty big, though, so I think you may find something interesting there. I'm not that into comics myself, so I have no clue about the other shops on the list.

tags

Lasseman, time for some bash-on-bash action!

I should be able to play pretty much any evening this week except Monday, so let me know what suits you.