S16 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

- WELLCOME TO BLOOD SPORTS SPOTLIGHT! The match between the two of three undefeated teams in NUL is about to start. The teams in question are Spawnin Brothers who will be hosting Da Freebooterz! The fourth previously undefeated team, Fantasy Armor Inc suffered a loss earlier this week against the Lords of Sith while the Khemri Drop Dead Gorgeous managed to maintain their lossless streak by defeating Unbreakable Panzer Squad. Both of the elf sides will be burying one of their own this week which makes me wonder how come Grim Reaper is so fascinated with the elfs? Just look at the Unbreakables, four matches, four corpses! I know that the elvish bones are as brittle as coward's spine in a battle but they're the Unbreakables! You dear listeners might remember that I went undercover last week to find out if anybody had put a curse on the pro elfs, but I managed to recover nothing sinister... Well, nothing sinister as in curses, I have to admit that there was all kinds of dark stuff going on in the Sith locker room and if want to see something really sinister, just take a look at the laundry basket of either of the goblin teams... But I digress! Nothing was found! But fear not, I will dig out the truth for you! NIPPY!
- Yes, mr. Gron?
- Do you have that hot dog I asked for?
- Yes, but I don't think you should eat it. I bought it from that goblin vendor at the In search of snow white versus Zlluga boys match and that was three days ago...
- Ah, did you manage to see any of the match? I understand the dwarfs won with ease as the goblin trollies were even stupider than usual and the little green ones dodged as dexterously as a mummy on stilts made of rubber wood. Not a good day for the goblins as the Old World Pirates also lost against the New York Gitz in that controversial match that had to be suspended.
- Yeah, I saw some of the game, mr. Gron. Although I was with Whizzy-Pissy so we didn't so much of the game as we were on the ground level next to the cheerleaders. Whizzy says that those are the best seats 'cause you have a chance to see a glanze of the interesting bits if the wind is just right but I don't understand that 'cause I could barely see the game with all those cheerleaders dancing in front of us.
- Goblin and orc cheerleaders... Your friend really has some weird taste... Well, give me that hot-dog, Nippy! Now, my dear listeners, in just a few minutes... Burp.. THE HORROR, that taste, like thousand little worms riding a... AAARGHhhhh...
- YOUR TIME HAS COME, MY FRIEND!
- Fred! Hey, what's with the capitals, I thought you were only supposed to use the capitals for... NO! It can't be! I took the antidote before... That old crone! She...
- Fear not, Gron, I wasn't talking to you. It's Daniel, I've come to collect. COME NOW DANIEL, YOU'VE LIVED A FULL LIFE AND NOW IS THE TIME TO LET GO.
- Daniel? What who? Where? Wait, there isn't Daniel on either of the teams, so it's one of the spectators, right?
- NO, DANIEL, YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT WITH YOU. GRON NEEDS IT TO BUILD UP SOME BILE.
- WHAT?
- Here's the little fellow! Say hay to Daniel the tapeworm, Gron. He's been living inside your guts since you took a sip from that fountain at the Dirty Gitz stadium. GO AHEAD, DANIEL, I'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU! We had a lovely conversation last time after you had your last near-me experience, you almost managed to take out poor Daniel that time also but now you succeeded. It wasn't the hot dog, if you're wondering, but that tea you had with Sybil who sold you the general antitode. And who foolishly told you about your last near-me experience you were supposed to forget. I'll have to have a talk with her next time we play twister.
- Twister? No, forget about that. I did this for a reason. I need to know why you're going after the pro elfs so hard this season?
- I wanted a hobby.
- Hobby? What kind of the hobby is offing elfs?
- Well, Emmyhegs told me about this new hobby where you collect Blood Bowl players. Quite popular with the live crowd nowadays, she said. So I thought I'd give it a go. And as Emmyhegs is big with those elf folks, I thought I'd start with them. I've got now a thrower, a blitzer and two line-elf. I hope I can trade my double line-elf for something that Emmyhegs has, I just haven't seen her in a while, as he's been busy with all that soul-searching stuff that she has to do.
- Emmyhegs? Collect players? Wait a minute... Do you mean M-Heg? As in Morai-Heg? And did she say that they collect players or player cards?
- Oh, you know Emmyhegs! Fancy that! I thought she only hangs out with those elf priests. Hmmm, now that you mention it, I think she might've said something about cards. Yes! She said that the players have stats on the card at their back! I didn't understand that, none of the players I've gotten have had anything in their backs. Well, except for that Beefslap fella with that weird tattoo of a orc and a nun riding a...
- FRED! She was talking about the new graze of collecting CARDS of the Blood Bowl Players! You know, little pieces of paper that have a picture of a player on the other side and stats of the player on the another side! That's a big thing right now! Not reaping actual players!
- Oh.
- This is bit of an embarresment... Ahem... Seems I have to go, Gron... Um... You're about to wake up, you see... And you'll forget about all this, you understand!?
- You can't just make me forget this! People need to...
- YOU WILL FORGET ALL ABOUT THIS!
- What? Where? How? Who am I?
- Mr. Gron! Finally! I thought for sure you were a goner!
- Amm... Wait, didn't I just eat that hot dog? And Fred didn't show up!
- No, Mr. Gron, no Freds here, but that nice lizard doctor from the Spawning Bros dropped by to give you some medicine. Seems he didn't have anything urgent to do as the orcs didn't injure any of the lizards seriously.
- What about the match?
- Ended in a draw, Mr. Gron.
- So both teams still undefeated... And the mystery of the elf genocide is still unsolved. But fear not dear listeners! I'l-
- I had to cut of the magicast, mr. Gron, the imps got loose and found that hot-dog. Seems we'll have to get us some new sender-imps.
- Damn! But fear not, Nippy, we'll get the imps and we'll be back! And I'll get the truth about those deaths even if it kills me!

J-Reedy

So Muller, time to meet again on the BB field. I'm guessing you'll be good to go about 21 CEST/GMT+2 so, here are the days when that's OK for me:
- Wednesday - update: have to take Wednesday off the table due to reasons
- Friday
- Saturday

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I'm also good to play from 18 onwards on Wed/Fre and from 14 onwards on Saturday if earlier time suits you.

Mr B

Ooh.. dwarf grinding.
I have heard that if you rubb two dwarf at eachother for a while the beards initially starts a fire.. lets see if that's possible.
Now when can we start a fire.. due to selling our house my hours is limited.
21 cest as normal.. how's friday or Sunday?

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on June 30, 2014, 07:28:50 PM
Ooh.. dwarf grinding.
I have heard that if you rubb two dwarf at eachother for a while the beards initially starts a fire.. lets see if that's possible.
Now when can we start a fire.. due to selling our house my hours is limited.
21 cest as normal.. how's friday or Sunday?

Friday @ 21 should work fine
Btw make sure your tomb guardians are not close to my dwards when they catch fire think the bandadges on them might be a bit dry

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Hey hey Equilibri!

Lets see if my goblins dare to stay on the pitch this time, really hope they haven't started the bad habbit of fleeing in half-time when they are facing their greener and meaner bigger brothers  ;D
Well, anyway. I've taken precautions and anchored their pirateship real tight so they won't be able to flee this time, the little buggers! :)

How's your week?
Im pretty much available the whole week from 21.00. Except for Wednesday.
The weekend is all free, so anytime suits.

/Gnaarkill

equilibri

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 30, 2014, 10:02:58 PM
Hey hey Equilibri!

Lets see if my goblins dare to stay on the pitch this time, really hope they haven't started the bad habbit of fleeing in half-time when they are facing their greener and meaner bigger brothers  ;D
Well, anyway. I've taken precautions and anchored their pirateship real tight so they won't be able to flee this time, the little buggers! :)

How's your week?
Im pretty much available the whole week from 21.00. Except for Wednesday.
The weekend is all free, so anytime suits.

/Gnaarkill

So, how about tomorrow (tuesday) at 21:00? Otherwise friday is next day for me.

What do u say?

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on June 30, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

What do u say?

Friday @21.00 would be excellent for me!

Lets aim for that, shall we?

/Gnaar

hakos

Ok Kvasi, seems it is time for yet another match against a gang of big brutal criminals...

I would very much prefer to play in the weekend since I hope to be healthy again at that point of time and do not have to rely on painkillers to be able to play. If the weekend is not doable let me know and we can probably work out something anyway.

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: Gnaarkill on July 01, 2014, 09:08:41 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 30, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

What do u say?

Friday @21.00 would be excellent for me!

Lets aim for that, shall we?

/Gnaar

Perfect! Friday at 21:00 it is!

//Eq

The Golden Arrow

Hi Barm, I can play wednesday or thursday night. Other times might be kinda hard but early on saturday or sunday could work as well.

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on July 01, 2014, 01:58:21 PM
Hi Barm, I can play wednesday or thursday night. Other times might be kinda hard but early on saturday or sunday could work as well.
Wednesday would be good, how about 2000 CEST/GMT+2?

Cheers,
Barmy
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Barmution on July 01, 2014, 03:06:21 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on July 01, 2014, 01:58:21 PM
Wednesday would be good, how about 2000 CEST/GMT+2?

Cheers,
Barmy

It's a date!

tags

Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2014, 09:24:51 AM
Ok Kvasi, seems it is time for yet another match against a gang of big brutal criminals...

I would very much prefer to play in the weekend since I hope to be healthy again at that point of time and do not have to rely on painkillers to be able to play. If the weekend is not doable let me know and we can probably work out something anyway.

/hakos

Could you do Sunday at 17:00?

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on July 01, 2014, 09:09:40 PM
Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2014, 09:24:51 AM

/hakos

Could you do Sunday at 17:00?

Yes, that should work. Let's settle for that.

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

The elves do not catch a break this game either and the lizards steam on. It wasn't as much him rolling poorly this game but I had amazing dice which made the game a comfortable 2-1 grind victory. I also managed to injury his starplayer, Sidewinder, in middle of the first half which was really good as I didn't have to worry about hypnotic gaze anymore.