S16 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

We're catching one kind of break this season: Armor breaks.

I won't complain too much about my dice, but I would really have liked that throw-in I forced to amount to something besides getting the ball lying comfortably in my own end-zone  :P

Well played and well rolled, Golden.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

muller71

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 30, 2014, 04:23:10 PM
So Muller, time to meet again on the BB field. I'm guessing you'll be good to go about 21 CEST/GMT+2 so, here are the days when that's OK for me:
- Wednesday - update: have to take Wednesday off the table due to reasons
- Friday
- Saturday

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I'm also good to play from 18 onwards on Wed/Fre and from 14 onwards on Saturday if earlier time suits you.

Friday and saturday is no good for me. will be away this weekend. can play on sunday at 21 CEST. monday work to, starting at 21.

J-Reedy

Quote from: muller71 on July 03, 2014, 06:21:08 AM
can play on sunday at 21 CEST. monday work to, starting at 21.

Sunday at 21 CEST is OK for me. So let's go with that if it's still OK for you.

tags

Quote from: hakos on July 02, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on July 01, 2014, 09:09:40 PM
Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2014, 09:24:51 AM
Ok Kvasi, seems it is time for yet another match against a gang of big brutal criminals...

I would very much prefer to play in the weekend since I hope to be healthy again at that point of time and do not have to rely on painkillers to be able to play. If the weekend is not doable let me know and we can probably work out something anyway.

/hakos

Could you do Sunday at 17:00?

Yes, that should work. Let's settle for that.

/hakos

Just realized that might be difficult after all, could we move it to 19?

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on July 03, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: hakos on July 02, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on July 01, 2014, 09:09:40 PM
Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2014, 09:24:51 AM
Ok Kvasi, seems it is time for yet another match against a gang of big brutal criminals...

I would very much prefer to play in the weekend since I hope to be healthy again at that point of time and do not have to rely on painkillers to be able to play. If the weekend is not doable let me know and we can probably work out something anyway.

/hakos

Could you do Sunday at 17:00?

Yes, that should work. Let's settle for that.

/hakos

Just realized that might be difficult after all, could we move it to 19?

Sure /hakos

muller71

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 03, 2014, 08:14:18 AM

It's still ok for me. See you on sunday.

equilibri

Waaaagh! We r da biggest and meenezt green 'unz!

At last we got da win!
And that against fake pirates from snotling sea!

Smalll green pirates hit 'ard in da start of game. And dey 'ad da crowd wif 'em so we lost blitzer to rock before match started...

Da bouncy gobbo took da ball and kept it until dey tried stomping on our guyz and da ref saw it!
We blitzed da ouncy one and hit 'im bad so he lost da ball and 'is head...
But a mad gobbo ran past uz and took back da ball and scored!

Now we were mad, but we 'ad almost no gobbos to hit 'cause dey all hid in da crowd, so we took da ball and just walked to da touchdown-zone.

So, da gobbos tried to tell da trolls to throw Harry (a pretty little drunk gobbo) wif da ball... But da troll was 'ungry and ate 'im instead.

So we took da ball again and scored our second touchdown.

Da gobbos 'ad one turn and tried to throw a gobbo wif da ball again... But he had to small legs so he landed wrong and died...

Waagh da orcz! Waagh Da Freeboooterz!

(An insanely fun and random game, and it was propably the most fun game I had for a long time, so thank you Gnaar!) :D

Mr B

Grind master do not have beard!
But a tome guard took fire when the beard on a dwarf too started to burn by all the grinding...
But we got away with a -ag, quite ok on a Tomb dude.

So first half was so close to make a Tomb TD, but a pro dwarf made the dodge and the 1d blitz, impressive..
Then of course we could handle the ball but not our feets.. falling down hard in the TD-zone.. typical.

Thanks for the game Lasse!

Lars

yhea thanks for a good game was tough to handle all the tomb guards but managed to get 2 of them out but a bit to late

well played

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on July 04, 2014, 10:25:41 PM

(An insanely fun and random game, and it was propably the most fun game I had for a long time, so thank you Gnaar!) :D

Hell yea! That was an intense game. It surely made up for the sports name  ;D
Blood, chaos, death, mutilation... and a ball somewhere in the middle  8)

The Pirates are still looking for their first win ever but the roster got really crippled, 2 dead and 2 MNG. The player budget allowed us to buy two new goblins, fresh from the slave ships of the old world. And the infirmary are working tirelessly to get the two injured players back in play for the dwarf match. Though i think that is probably to no avail.
But it is in this chaotic state that the Pirates thrives, I predict a 1-0 win for the Pirates next week.  ;)

Signed.
Ser Gnaarkill, Captain of the Old World Pirates

muller71

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 03, 2014, 08:14:18 AM

I can't make it tonight. Will not be home until 23.30. Can u play tomorrow 21 CEST?

J-Reedy

Quote from: muller71 on July 06, 2014, 06:57:25 PM

I can't make it tonight. Will not be home until 23.30. Can u play tomorrow 21 CEST?

That might be possible. Monday is my boardgaming night but, as I'm living in Finnish time, I'm an hour ahead (man of future!) and I may be at home already at that time.
If 21.30 CEST is OK for you on Monday, that would make life easier for me and I can guarantee that I'll get home by then.

If that is possible, Tuesday and Wednesdayat 21 CEST is also OK.

hakos

Short Story

The new orc git'z got severely Nuffled yesterday. The first half was mostly normal but in the second half I managed to kick and catch the ball twice, due to blitz. Otherwise Kvasi did not have any big obvious dice problems but rather a long row of small failures. When checking the match aftewards the dice statistics difference were really big in all categories. All in all I won 3-0.

Kvasilad: Thanks for the match, one sided as it was. You took the nuffling quite well.

Long Story

I started to receive and followed plan A. I.e. move in 6 players behind his team (3 per flank), pick up the ball and form a cage on my half. He managed to KO one of witch elf's in the first blitz. She never came back during this match. He also crippled one flank totally. However, the other flank was intact and I could handover the ball to a blitzer and score in T3.

Now it was the orcs turn to receive. They started quite predictable by removing my LOs, picking up the ball and forming a cage. Tried to find an opening for Malak (AG5) but all his cage corners had guard so it was back to the column defence. However, in turn 5 he put his black orc corners in touch with my defence. I could knock them down and then hit on the ball carrier and get the ball loose. Thanks to a lucky bounce I managed to protect it for the rest of the half. Malak was the big hero and gave it all for the team. Defending until he was so badly injured that he had to leave the match. It looked like a permanent -1 ST but the doctor managed to patch him up.

Second half and the orcs set up all troops in the middle and in one flank. I managed to do a short kick and also get a blitz. Could move in and even catch the kick myself. This led to quite a confused scramble. The ball got loose and changed hands, but most of the time is was to my advantage and in turn 14 I managed to score. 2-0 so the match was over.

I guess the orcs still wanted to score once so they set up a heavy flank attack again. But again I got the blitz and kicked the ball short so I could even catch it with my kicker this time. He got the chance to take the ball back but since his RR were gone already in t13 he did not succeed. In t16 I scored the final goal. 3-0

So, the kick off events were really in my favor (also got a quick snap in the beginning). And my elfs could really take full advantage of them thanks to their speed and agility so the orcs could never muster their full force against my team. Also, the orcs never failed spectacularly but they continously rolled sub-par and in the second half they lost their RR quickly. All in all it turned out to be quite a one sided affair. On the plus side, Kvasi played the orcs really well (considering the dices) and seems to have learnt a lot about how to play them compared to last season.

/hakos

tags

Yeah, thanks for the match, it was testing to say the least. I think my favourite statistic from BBM was me failing 5 out of 9 possible GFI's, one of which prevented me from scoring the 1-1 equalizer in the end of the first half. The 2 remaining touchdowns were as a more or less direct result of blitzes against me, which I should've defended better against perhaps, but it is hard enough to stop elves as it is.

Anyway, Nuffle willing, my next match will be a more balanced affair.

Barmution

Good to hear that at least one of us are succeeding in the Elf Bullshit (tm) department, Hakos ;)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.