S16 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

- Oh... My head...
- Is that you, mr. Gron?
- Nippy! Get me some water.
- All we have is beer and wine here in the office, mr. Gron. Remember how you said we should have it stockpiled in case...
- NO! No beer. Water.
- Where have you been, mr. Gron? You missed the last week's magicast.
- Has it been that long? Can you remind me what happened with the NUL in the second week?
- Well, those nice dark-skinned elf people played the dwarfs and scored 3 touchdowns...
- So, a normal elvish touchdown-flooded win for the Sith's...
- No, mr. Gron, it was a draw, the dwarfs also scored 3 touchdowns!
- Come on, Nippy! Don't try to fool me, that's impossible! Let's here rest of the results and don't try to be funny anymore!
- The orcs drew against the sand folk, other orcs drew against the norse....
- All draws, did anybody win?
- The elfs won against the Zlluga goblins! And lizards against the other goblins.
- How many of the elfs died?
- One. How did you know that, mr. Gron?
- Because I have deduced that the elf team is cursed. So I went undercover to find out which team might have done it.
- So, is that why you were away, mr. Gron?
- Yes, Nippy. First I traveled to New Orc City to with the Unbreakable Panzer Squad. Nothing fishy there, well, except for those meat pies they sell during the match. And their fish soap is actually very meaty, maybe something is lost in translation. One all draw and another elf bit the dust. That's actually good tactic against the khemri - nothing upsets the mummies more than taking a sandy chomp out of them - but at this context very unfortunate happenstance for the elfs. Definately cursed, that team. So I decided to dig further and if you're talking about digging, nobody does it better than dwarfs. So I infiltrated the Fantasy Armor Inc team to get a closer look at their opponent, In search of snow white. That was definately a weird match, first the norse were getting beaten up like a red-haired snottling but then they suddenly started dropping the dwarfs like flies.
- I didn't know that flies are strong enough to lift dwarfs. Hey, maybe that's why they dropped them, mr. Gron!
- Ha-aargh... Don't make me laugh, Nippy. Head hurts. So the norse won 1-0 and that's when everything went awry for me... I had disguised myself as the norse apotechary's assistant and naturally I had to take part in the norse celebrations. Unfortunately I didn't know that it was also time for the mid-chucking festival for the norse. You know, the festival where they celebrate the end of last year's beer batch running out and uncorking of the new beer batch. I've never seen much beer and I hope I never will. The last thing I remember was sitting somewhere hot and seeing that norse yhetee hitting himself with some birch twigs. Very weird... Don't know how I got here or where I've been... But we better get started so we can start the match broadcast for week three, we just have to decide which of the remaining matches we're going to...
- But mr. Gron, the third week is already finished!
- What! Can't be... That would mean that I was... Three.. four... Five days... No wonder my head hurts... What happened with the matches, Nippy?
- The orcs drew....
- Again? That's a third draw for the Freebooterz, so they're still unbeaten. What about the goblin matches, how much were they beaten?
- Those lizards beat the goblins 4 to nothing and they also killed Ripper!
- I wouldn't worry about that, Nippy. Ripper is famous for those late regenerations, I'm sure we'll see him later still this season. What about the sailer goblins?
- They got lost at sea and their match was postponed. But they finally found the Khemri and lost 2 to 0.
- Yes, the famous goblin seafaring skill. Do you know that the first ever ship to sail around all seven seas was a goblin ship? They were ordered to cross the Spit'across Channel -very fitting name, as you can actually see the opposite shore across the channel - but got lost and wondered around the seas for six years before they finally got back to Spit'across. And then they accidentally docked back where they started. Hmm. So, what's next? Week 4... Yes, the Old World Pirates have a home gome against the New Orc Gitz. The goblins don't have to sail anywhere so they actually have a chance - of finding the stadium, don't know if they have a chance against the bigger greens. Oh, then there's the match with the unbeaten teams - Spawnin' Bros against the Da Freebooterz! That should be an interesting one. And then the beer-guzzlers going against the Lords of the Sith, frenzied bash against surgical bash that is. Oh noh, then there's the Drop Dead Gorgeous against the cursed elfs....
- Maybe the elfs will use the bite the dust tactic you talked about, mr. Gron!
- I don't if making those Khemri mummies any more angry than they are is a wise idea... Well, at least that match can't be anymore of a massacre than those poor dodge-reliant goblins going against those tackling dwarfs in the In search of snow white vs. Zlluga Boys. Oh, I forgot, the dwarfs got quite beaten up, they're missing two players I think... So maybe there's a punching chance for the gobbos.... Okay, Nippy, let's start planning for the broadcast. Right after you get me some water. No beer. Not ever nevermore.

J-Reedy

Okey-dokey, Hakos, time for me to experience the (almost) full force of the dark side with my dwarfed-up team! Here are my okay starting times (GMT+2/CEST) that I'm sure about now:
- Wednesday 17-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Sunday 12-19

Let me know if any of those suits you, sith-sir. I might also have time on Friday evening, I'll get more info about later today.

Mr B

Nice J-Reedy!
Love it.

Barm I love your elf's also when can we have a date?
What about Thursday 21 cest?

The Golden Arrow

I have a very busy week this one Eq. Thursday is my only good day, might be able to squeeze in a game on Wednesday as well. How are those for you?

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on June 24, 2014, 07:05:54 AM
Barm I love your elf's also when can we have a date?
What about Thursday 21 cest?
Cool, they love your old bones right back! Thursday 21 CEST is great, see you then  :)

Cheers,
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 24, 2014, 06:04:45 AM
Okey-dokey, Hakos, time for me to experience the (almost) full force of the dark side with my dwarfed-up team! Here are my okay starting times (GMT+2/CEST) that I'm sure about now:
- Wednesday 17-21
- Thursday 17-20
- Sunday 12-19

Let me know if any of those suits you, sith-sir. I might also have time on Friday evening, I'll get more info about later today.

Thursday and Sunday times should work. I would very much prefer to play on sunday though. How about sunday at 15?

Friday evening from 18 should also work.

BR/ Hakos

Lars

Muller71 when do you have time to play a little game against my little dwarfs?

I can play Wednesday 20:00-23:00
Thursday 20:00-23:00
Friday 20:00-23:00
Sunday 21:00-23:00

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Yo Kvasilad!

Little greenskins vs bigger meaner greenskins  8)

When do you fancy a game?

Im available all week from 20.30 - 22.00.
Saturday: All day
Sunday: All day

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on June 24, 2014, 09:38:04 AM

Thursday and Sunday times should work. I would very much prefer to play on sunday though. How about sunday at 15?

BR/ Hakos

Sunday @15 is fine with me. Friday @18 should also be OK (although I would actually also prefer Sunday as I have to make an early drive to west coast on Saturday). So let's make it Sunday if you don't prefer Friday?

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 24, 2014, 07:33:20 AM
I have a very busy week this one Eq. Thursday is my only good day, might be able to squeeze in a game on Wednesday as well. How are those for you?

Well, thursday can work if we start 21:00 or maybe even a bit later, say 21:30?
Tomorrow (wednesday) I am free all day, but are going away in the evening, so I can play around 12:00 and a few hours after that.

Shall we say thursday, 21:30?

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on June 24, 2014, 12:18:13 PM

Tomorrow (wednesday) I am free all day, but are going away in the evening, so I can play around 12:00 and a few hours after that.

Yeah lets say that.

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 24, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: equilibri on June 24, 2014, 12:18:13 PM

Yeah lets say that.

Perfect! See u on thursday!

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 24, 2014, 11:10:07 AM
Yo Kvasilad!

Little greenskins vs bigger meaner greenskins  8)

/Gnaarkill

Hiya! If you read this in time, I think 2030 tonight will work for me, that is to say in about 2 hours time :)

We may suddenly get visitors though, and I won't really know for sure until about an hour or so. But I think I'm available.

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 24, 2014, 11:19:30 AM
Quote from: hakos on June 24, 2014, 09:38:04 AM

BR/ Hakos

Sunday @15 is fine with me. Friday @18 should also be OK (although I would actually also prefer Sunday as I have to make an early drive to west coast on Saturday). So let's make it Sunday if you don't prefer Friday?

Sunday it is

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on June 24, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 24, 2014, 11:10:07 AM
Yo Kvasilad!

Little greenskins vs bigger meaner greenskins  8)

/Gnaarkill

Hiya! If you read this in time, I think 2030 tonight will work for me, that is to say in about 2 hours time :)

We may suddenly get visitors though, and I won't really know for sure until about an hour or so. But I think I'm available.

Right, I think Wednesday Thursday at 2030 works :)

Weekend may be available, not sure yet.