S16 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on June 26, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 26, 2014, 09:36:35 PM
Yea my game went black and windows told me the "program" had stopped working so i guess it was on my computer...

Do you prefer any specific time on sunday?

Annoying when Blood Bowl crashes stops games, although I guess it is a lucky break for my level 3 Black Orc :P

We might have plans for afternoon/evening, so if you could play as early as 12 or something, that would be great.

Yea really annoying! This was probably the best match ive had since i created this team :)
But yea, a new chance for your black orc, thats good! :)

12 o'clock suits me fine, lets aim for that. I apologies for the inconvenience on the behalf of my computer!  8)

See you on sunday then m8!
Have a nice weekend.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 24, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: equilibri on June 24, 2014, 12:18:13 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 24, 2014, 07:33:20 AM
I have a very busy week this one Eq. Thursday is my only good day, might be able to squeeze in a game on Wednesday as well. How are those for you?

Well, thursday can work if we start 21:00 or maybe even a bit later, say 21:30?
Tomorrow (wednesday) I am free all day, but are going away in the evening, so I can play around 12:00 and a few hours after that.

Shall we say thursday, 21:30?
Yeah lets say that.

Sad that you didn't show up :( I can't wait any longer and have to go to bed. Can't play this weekend, but maybe on monday?

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 26, 2014, 09:45:26 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 26, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 26, 2014, 09:36:35 PM
Yea my game went black and windows told me the "program" had stopped working so i guess it was on my computer...

Do you prefer any specific time on sunday?

Annoying when Blood Bowl crashes stops games, although I guess it is a lucky break for my level 3 Black Orc :P

We might have plans for afternoon/evening, so if you could play as early as 12 or something, that would be great.

Yea really annoying! This was probably the best match ive had since i created this team :)
But yea, a new chance for your black orc, thats good! :)

12 o'clock suits me fine, lets aim for that. I apologies for the inconvenience on the behalf of my computer!  8)

See you on sunday then m8!
Have a nice weekend.
FFS!!
I just happened to validate your game... Soooo sorry mates!!!

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 26, 2014, 09:56:34 PM
I have a very busy week this one Eq. Thursday is my only good day, might be able to squeeze in a game on Wednesday as well. How are those for you?

Tomorrow (wednesday) I am free all day, but are going away in the evening, so I can play around 12:00 and a few hours after that.

Yeah lets say that.

Sad that you didn't show up :( I can't wait any longer and have to go to bed. Can't play this weekend, but maybe on monday?

I am so sorry!
Just got home from an event that took much longer than I thought!
I can absolutely play on monday! I have nothing booked that day, so just say what time and I will be there!

Again, really sorry, but I could not get away and my phone was dead, so I couldn't write here either!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on June 26, 2014, 10:05:35 PM
FFS!!

I guess that means we cant replay it?
Bugger! The pirates really were on a roll, taking out black orcs like never before!  ;D

Well i guess i would not have won anyway but had some good SPP going. Well as they say, shit happens!

The pirates have had two messed up weeks in a row now. Hope it will be smoother from now on :)

J-Reedy

PRO GRAM CRASHES ON A BLOOD BOWL MATCH
by Will'Burn n' Shake'a'spear
Da Times, Freya's Day 27 of Buggering hot month of S16

Yesterday's Blood Bowl match between the goblin side Old World Pirates and the orc side New York Gitz came to a screeching halt when a giant "PRO GRAM!" sign that had been hung to the mast and riggings of the goblin ship HMS Gnaarly came crashing down onto the deck/playing field of the said ship/Blood Bowl venue. The match had to be suspended and the team captains started negotiating a new date for a rematch. However, as the negotiations were under away, a league official arrived on a scene. Seeing bunch of unconcious goblin players knocked out and lightly maimed by the falling signs the said league official naturally deduced that the orc team was responsible for the carnage and quickly declared the match over due to the reason that the goblins didn't have enough concious players to field the minimum team. The New Orc Gitz were declared winners as a result.

As the most englihtened or our readers probably know, Pro Gram is an organization dedicated to promoting the use of the new weight units, grams and kilograms, in goblin and orc societies. New weight units have had a hard time making it into public use in the green community as the old weight units of egg and chicken are still widely used. Part of the problem is that the old weight units were standardized just two decades ago after the 37 year war over the argument if white or black chickens should be used as the standard weight unit. Therefore it is difficult to get an average goblin or orc to understand that one egg is now 42 grams and one chicken equals 1,2456 kilograms. So it is understandable that Pro Gram decided to publize their awereness campaign by sponsoring the Pirates vs Gitz match. However, the decision to hang the giant sign weighing in excess of 500 kilograms (about 401 chickes or 25 coops) over the playing field proved to be catastrofic. But the end result may just prove to be positive for the Pro Gram campaign as this incident will surely prove to the green community that grams and kilograms really pack some weight!

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 26, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
FFS!!

Bugger! The pirates really were on a roll, taking out black orcs like never before!  ;D

Well i guess i would not have won anyway but had some good SPP going. Well as they say, shit happens!

The pirates have had two messed up weeks in a row now. Hope it will be smoother from now on :)

Ah well, I would have really liked to replay it, but not much to do about that now. Hope you got SPP for the cas at least, 'cause my BOB is staying dead :D

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on June 26, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Yeah lets say that.

I am so sorry!
I can absolutely play on monday! I have nothing booked that day, so just say what time and I will be there!

Again, really sorry, but I could not get away and my phone was dead, so I couldn't write here either!

Can you play around lunchtime or is it only the evening?

Barmution

FFS!!
Rule of thumb should probably be to never validate a match that hasn't been uploaded in BBM, no?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

OMG J-R!
Wonderful reading. Had a good laugh. The most annoying situations can turn into happy times with your texts!

Great work!

/Gnaarkill

Lars

Quote from: muller71 on June 26, 2014, 04:30:15 PM
Quote from: Lars on June 24, 2014, 10:05:47 AM
Muller71 when do you have time to play a little game against my little dwarfs?

I can play Wednesday 20:00-23:00
Thursday 20:00-23:00
Friday 20:00-23:00
Sunday 21:00-23:00

/Lars

sunday starting at 21 works for me. see you then.

okej cya then

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on June 27, 2014, 08:27:27 AM
FFS!!
Rule of thumb should probably be to never validate a match that hasn't been uploaded in BBM, no?
Yes.. correct.. this is my mistake.
As I pressed yes to validate it... I saw the result and my mind went.. that's a typical crash result. Not impossible between the two teams however.
And then... no ooh..C R A P.
But spp-wise everyone gained from what did happened during the game and Orc's got even more.
I will not validate games so hastily anymore..

Both teams got skills, good luck with them at least.
I'll just crawl back now to my tome...again sssorry

Barmution

Everybody makes mistakes, Bantha. You do a great job administrating this and a small mistake won't change that. :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 27, 2014, 06:15:20 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 26, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Yeah lets say that.

I am so sorry!

Can you play around lunchtime or is it only the evening?

I can play at any time, so lunch (I guess that is 12:00?) works fine for me!

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 26, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
FFS!!

Are you still able to upload the replay? I re-entered BB, so it's gone, and if I try to load the old replay, it shows up with reversed result, which will mess up the stats even more.