S16 - Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Equilibri, have waited for you ~15 minutes now, guess we will play another evening. Hope it was not my confusion that made you not show up

To the rest of you: Just watched the first 4 turns of the match between the dwarves and the norses (they are in turn 6 as of this writing). Wow, that opening round from the dwarves is definitely the most brutal I have seen. Poor Norse. On the other hand, they payed back rather quick, almost equally brutally.

/hakos

muller71

Hey Golden, can you play on Sunday or monday starting at 21 CEST?

J-Reedy

- What's the difference between the norse and the dwarfs?
- What could it be then... Well, the norse are taller...
- Come on, that's like saying that goblins are smarter than trolls! It's not that easy.
- Hmm... They both have beards... Is it that the norse have forked beards?
- No, dwarfs do that also, makes it easier to rest the pint on their stomach.
- That's it! The dwarfs use metal mugs for beer while the norse use wooden or glass mugs!
- Nah, they both drink beer from whatever kind of mug they get their hands on. Well, actually they prefer it straight from the keg.
- Damn this is hard... Hey! Norse have those horn things in their helmets that dwarfs don't have!
- Haven't you ever seen dwarfs play against elfs? They wear horny helmets in those all the time to target the nether regions of the elfs!
- Beard... Tallness... Beer... Hey! I know it! You can't tell a dwarf lady from a dwarf man!
- Look at the dugout of the Fantasy Armor Inc. There are two norse cheerleaders there, can you tell who they are?
- Umm... I guess they must be those two curvies there...
- Those are the apotechary and his assistant, sure they look lady-like, as they're not norse. THOSE two are the lady cheerleaders.
- AGH! I thought those were the werewolfs!
- Haven't you heard? They're both injured. Got beaten up by the orcies.
- That's it! Norse get hurt more easily!
- No they don't.
- COME ON! Didn't you see how the In search of snow white rolled over the front line of the Fantasy Armor? Three injuries with three opening blocks! You can't say that those linenorse weren't as fragile as glass!
- Well, how many norse do you see in their injury box?
- Four! That proves it!
- And how many in the dwarfs box?
- Four... But hey, two of those were crowd beat-ups!
- Four injuries against four injuries and three dwarfs knocked out against none in the norse KO box. I'd say that's about even.
- All right... Hey, I'm going to go. This match is getting boring, those three dwarfs have no chance of stopping those norse from scoring. So tell me, what's the difference between the norse and dwarfs?
- I don't know. That's why I was asking you.

As Hakos already mentioned, that was a very, very, very frightening first-turner from Lars. First block on my lino: MNG. Second block on my 2nd lino: BH. Third block, 3rd lino: Niggling injury. After that start I was sure that I was going to lose to war of attrition.  But then I also got one dwarf injured on my first turn and then my lads kept their footing and as another dwarf got injured on my second turn, the game was afoot again. I managed to force the game to sidelines so that my frenziers could get busy with crowdsurfs which caused 2 more injuries to dwarfs. One dwarf also got ejected while fouling my Yhetee so after scoreless first half, the dwarfs started the second half with 5 against my 9 and the man/strenght advantage was just too hard to overcome. This was one of those bashy games between two bashy teams where injuries decide the end result and this time I had more luck with injury rolls than Lars. Thanks again for the game and better luck in the future, Lars!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on June 18, 2014, 10:45:21 AM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 17, 2014, 11:00:25 PM
Quote from: Mr B on June 16, 2014, 08:43:15 AM
Hmm.. where iz zat jolly Roger flag wavingz?

Gnar gnar the mummies Would like to play to night or in ze weekend.

Over here Mr.Mummy!

I have a pretty busy weekend. Only opening is on Sunday from 17.00-22.00.
I can also play tomorrow (Wednesday) and on Thursday from 20.00-22.00.

Choose your poison :)

/Gnaar

M#2
What he ment was tonight.

Yo Mr.B!

I'm sorry, worked really late tonight and realized i checked the forums too late :-\
I'm free tomorrow so i will be able to update myself here on the forums more often :)

So, can we take our match tomorrow or does Sunday suit you?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: muller71 on June 18, 2014, 08:50:44 PM
Hey Golden, can you play on Sunday or monday starting at 21 CEST?

Sunday would probably be best for me. If nothing comes up let's meet at 21 :)

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on June 18, 2014, 08:16:52 PM
Equilibri, have waited for you ~15 minutes now, guess we will play another evening. Hope it was not my confusion that made you not show up

To the rest of you: Just watched the first 4 turns of the match between the dwarves and the norses (they are in turn 6 as of this writing). Wow, that opening round from the dwarves is definitely the most brutal I have seen. Poor Norse. On the other hand, they payed back rather quick, almost equally brutally.

/hakos

Sorry about this!
Had some troubles at work and the whole evening went crashing down!
If you want to have a WO it is ok for me, cause this was my bad.

Otherwise I can play tomorrow (thursday) or friday at anytime!

Once again, sorry about the failure of showing up! It was not a good night at work...

Mr B

No worries Gnaar!
There is a wc to watch instead.
Quite entertaining.
I'm not home until Sunday so let's plan for that then.
Cheers
B

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on June 19, 2014, 05:59:32 AM

Indeed  ;D

Great, lets aim for Sunday then. What time suits you best?

/Gnaar

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 19, 2014, 10:26:50 AM

Indeed  ;D

/Gnaar
As always. @21 cest, the mummies are ready.

hakos

Quote from: equilibri on June 19, 2014, 12:11:57 AM

/hakos

Sorry about this!

Once again, sorry about the failure of showing up! It was not a good night at work...

No worries, I got to watch some of the norse/dwarves bash party instead.

Friday sounds good. Probably around 15 would be a good time.

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on June 19, 2014, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: equilibri on June 19, 2014, 12:11:57 AM

/hakos

Sorry about this!

No worries, I got to watch some of the norse/dwarves bash party instead.

Friday sounds good. Probably around 15 would be a good time.

/hakos

Great!

Friday at 15:00 it is!

See u tomorrow and thanx for the understanding!

equilibri

Winning is for lozas! Draw is da thing!

Da Darth ones defended good in da first 'alf.
Some'ow dey 'ad 'ard armor and my orcz could not break it! Dat made me mad!
Pointy ears took da ball and scored last turn so coach Badrukk gave 'is playurz iron-gloves for second 'alf!

Now armor was weaker on da pointy ears, so even falling over knocked'em out!

Soon only a few elves was left and Gabsh, da blitza, could score da final score!

Now Da Freebooterz 'r undefeated all season! Come and break uz!

Mr B

Quote from: Mr B on June 19, 2014, 10:39:05 AM

Indeed  ;D

/Gnaar
So stop standing and waving your flag there on your boat!
Get down here and find out who's doing the waving!

:D
Online and waiting!

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Muller :) First half was very even with the gobbos and trolls holding up very well and beating down the saurii quite easily. A failed gfi from me almost let him score but skinks are fast and slippery and I managed to get to his ballcarrier. Second half things went downhill for him and the skinks just ran through the gobbos scoring three more goals.

I must say that AG 4 skinks are really awesome. Having one block ag 4 skink and one mv 8 ag 4 skink was totally crazy and they owned the field very well (against gobbos at least :P). My kroxigor also decided to have a really good game. He took a lot of hits without going down, injured one of his trolls and killed Ripper! No other major injuries in either team but i'm missing a saurus for the next game which is a bit sad.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on June 22, 2014, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Mr B on June 19, 2014, 10:39:05 AM

Indeed  ;D

/Gnaar
So stop standing and waving your flag there on your boat!
Get down here and find out who's doing the waving!

:D
Online and waiting!

Im terribly sorry for this B!

I can do with a forfeit in this match, totally my fault. I fucked this one up. Unless you want to play tonight at 21 and the league accept it?

I was away during the midsummer weekend and came home yesterday, totally forgetting our match!

/Gnaarkill