S16 - Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, June 01, 2014, 12:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

J-Reedy

- Nippy! Get in here! NIPPY!
- What is it, mr. Gron?
- We need to fire up the magicast right away! They just finished the first match day of NUL and the second week is starting soon. The people - and all the other races - need to hear my hard-hitting analysis. We need to strike when the dwarf is unconcious, as they say! Carp a d'em!
- What's fish got to do with this, mr. Gron?
- Haven't you heard of Carp a d'em play, Nippy? It started in the goblin leagues - 'cause all of the trolls playing there, you see. It's a play where player sneaks a carp on to the field and uses it distract the opposite - or their own, if you're a goblin getting thrown down the field - hungry trolls either by swinging it under their noses or smacking them on the head with the fish. It hasn't been used in ages, but we saw it this week! What a game that one between Zlluga Boys and Old World Pirates! You know, the Boys injured the Pirate trollies three times! THREE injuries on trollies! No wonder they edged out the 2 to 1 win. And then there was that play that Beerbelly the trollie made on Kenny Falmouth, that was a classic - you rarely see the old gutsplitter nowadays, Beerbelly must've been really hungry, going after poor Kenny's guts that way. Hope they managed to recover something for the burial. Maybe it was that carp, they say that fish makes the trollies actually really hungry. Hmm, maybe that's why they haven't tried the Carp a d'em playe for a while...
- Oh, you really know lot's about Blood Bowl, mr. Gron. Probably even more than Whizzy-pissy!
- What, oh your mate right. Yes, that's just why we need to magicast right now! The people - and all the other hordes and folks - crave for my insights! Where else could they hear about the classical Gory Howler hat-trick attack of In search of snow white!
- Was he juggler, mr. Gron? I once saw a juggler do amazing tricks with hats in the fair.
- No, no, no, Nippy! Gory Howler was the superstar werewolf of the Chewy Doggie Treats - sponsorshipped name, as you can imagine - necromancer team. Real violent one, with amazing skills, they say he was frenzied all the time because the team's coach tattooed a magical full moon onto Howler's forehead. He used to wipe out front lines all by himself, so they started calling it a Gordie Howler hat-trick when you injure one, KO one and stun one of the three players on the opposite front line during kick-off. Nobody can actually do it themselves nowadays after they banned the magitattoos but those dwarf buggers did just that against the Unbreakable panzer squad! Imagine that, going two men - or elfs - short on the opening seconds of the game! Snowy whiteless ones really had their A game on with their bashing, can't say the same about the elfs, through, Steelskin, the emerging star thrower, even managed to kill himself while dodging. I must say he was very impressive up until that last dodge - was snaking through the dwarfs as slick as a muffin-deprived husband goes through a line in front of a gentlemen's establishment. Too bad that one of the horny-helmed buggers decided to hop right when Steelskin was leaping over him. I swear all the men folk must've cringed right at that moment. But the MVP jury must've been all ladies 'cause they awarded the elfies MVP to Steelskin. That's just insult to injury, I say, with the elfs losing the match.
- I like muffins, especially the chocolate covered ones.
- ... Don't we all, Nippy. Except maybe for the lizards, they say they like their muffin cold-blooded and scaly. Them beeing cold-blooded you know. ...Hmm, I wonder if the coach of the New Orc Gitz had something to with that pouring rain at the New Orc City during the match against the Spawnin Brothers? May the orcs thought that the rain would affect the lizzie's play... Or maybe the orcs have angered the rain gods - it rained all throughout the Da Freebooter's match also, if you remember. Well, it was the orcs scheming, that plan really failed.  The ball was bouncing like crazy during the first half, no control from either side, until Addonhcz..., Adahicup..., Addhwq..., that glue-fingered skink got the ball and ran it in. And then in the second half, the lizziez came in warmed up and smacked two of the black orcs into the injury box before scoring. And then the weather changed right after that touchdown... Hmm, maybe the rain really was a scheme, curious how it stopped right after the match was practically decided - but maybe it was the lizzies doing it! Maybe the rain made them feel like they were at home in the jungle!
- Boy, you really think a lot mr. Gron!
- That's right, Nippy! And that's why people - and all the other buggers - need to know what I think will happen during the second matchweek! I need to tell them how many pirate goblins I think will get injured playing against the Spawnin Bros! Or if I think that the Fantasy Armor Inc will manage to make another surprise go-ahead-TD against the New Orc Gitz like last season! And who but me can tell the people - and all the other critters - if the Da Freebooterz are accustomed to playing in the sand and if Drop Dead Gorgeous will have enough hitting power to go against the green ones! And then there's the second elfs versus dwarfs match of the season, the people - and all the other blighters - need to know if the Snow White searchers or the Sith Lords would benefit more from an underground field - with both of the teams being from an underground dwelling origins, you see! Then I must relay to the folks if I think the Zlluga goblins have a chance against those pissed-off very breakable Unbreakable elfs!
- I'll start the imps right away, mr. Gron.

J-Reedy

Howdy-ho, Kvasilad! I'm a bit busy doing vacationy stuff this week and I have an orienteering competition this weekend, so gaming times are scarce for me. This is however, what I can offer you (CEST/GMT+2):
- Thursday, 20->
- Friday, all the day, any time, any place as long as it's my gaming den

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. If those aren't OK, next week's Tuesday is probably the next free time slot.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 10, 2014, 09:46:05 AM
Howdy-ho, Kvasilad! I'm a bit busy doing vacationy stuff this week and I have an orienteering competition this weekend, so gaming times are scarce for me. This is however, what I can offer you (CEST/GMT+2):
- Thursday, 20->
- Friday, all the day, any time, any place as long as it's my gaming den

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. If those aren't OK, next week's Tuesday is probably the next free time slot.

I enjoyed the carp a d'em bit a lot :D

Friday at 19 ok? That should work well for me.

The Golden Arrow

I am pretty free this week. Right now I'm free from thursday and forward. The best times would be daytime saturday or anytime on sunday though.

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on June 10, 2014, 12:30:55 PM
Friday at 19 ok? That should work well for me.

That's a date, mate. See ya in a couple of days!

equilibri

Bantha!

Let us see how is da badest! My green 'unz or your dead 'unz! :D

I can play these times:

Thu 12/6: 13:00->
Fri 13/6: 19:00->
Sat 14/6: 19:00->
Sun 15/6: 19:00->

So, what do you think?

Gnaarkill

Yo TGA!

Im really having a busy week unfortunately. Only possibility i will have is probably sunday evening since im coming home from a business trip then. How about 20.00 on sunday?

/Gnaarkill, Mighty Pirate.

hakos

WOW, what a match, it had all, except bad dices.

When was the last time you saw a dwarven team do 3 goals in one match? Last one was a 2 turner. But it did not help them, the elves also did 3 goals, the last one when they were 5 vs 10 players on the pitch.

And speaking about players on the pitch. A total of 9 were badly hurt in one way or another. 3 dwarves and 6 elves. The apothecaries had to work hard to save players from permanent damages and death.

The sith lords could probably, once again, have won this, if they had not been greedy. But the dark side never learns about that. Greed is their primary motivation.

Great game, thanks for the match Lasseman

/hakos

P.S: The Dice statistics

Elf            Dwarves
1D 1,89      vs 8,85
2D 18,71    vs 8,78
Block: 57% vs 63%

Lars

Yhea it sure was a spectacular match thought i was smoked when you where in the lead with 2 goals with five rounds to go. But sorry for all the permanent injuries but with that monster of a player with +str and +agi you don't need any more players. Thanks for a very entertaining game.

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on June 11, 2014, 12:29:11 PM
Bantha!

I can play these times:

So, what do you think?
Hi there equilibri.
Orc's are bader but undead is evil unveiled.
Who can break the other.. pure physics or pure horror!
I'm up for to day or Saturday 21:00 cest starting hours.

Well, what say you?

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on June 12, 2014, 08:28:49 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 11, 2014, 12:29:11 PM
Bantha!

I can play these times:

So, what do you think?
Hi there equilibri.
Orc's are bader but undead is evil unveiled.
Who can break the other.. pure physics or pure horror!
I'm up for to day or Saturday 21:00 cest starting hours.

Well, what say you?

Let us play today, then! Shall we say 18:00?

Mr B

*coughs* sorry for not being clear equi.
So what I ment was to day or Saturday.
Game time for me is 2100 cest no matter what day it is.

Game to day is 21 if your able to B)

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on June 12, 2014, 05:18:15 PM
*coughs* sorry for not being clear equi.
So what I ment was to day or Saturday.
Game time for me is 2100 cest no matter what day it is.

Game to day is 21 if your able to B)

Then we play at 21:00! See u later!

Mr B

One intense game,
One Insane pass ending the first half by a lino Orc, getting a skill on that one.. Elf style that would be a ag skill for sure.
One insane pass ending second half, almost as insane as it was made by a Tomb Guardian.. 2 spp from skill.. close indeed.

Other highlights.. well it was bloodbowl it had it ALL.. blood, dust, ref...ohh, no TD.. it was lacking one thing but who cares about the ball right?

And my poor blocking skills continue from last season scoring a massive 6 double skulls eating away all RR's, one was actually dodge by getting three dice..
Phew.. and it was all lost to a draw from a missed 3+ dodge... and that was of course possible due to the final 6 double skull leaving the ball handler in the open.
Thanks for the game Eqy!

Brother B