S16 - SEMI-FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, August 19, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Here we go, time to see if dark elfs will get new snake skin boots or if lizards get to chew on some dark meat. We'll also learn if the 1 TD and a draw per match rate will be enough for the orcs or if the Khemri will get make like a sandman and put their opponents to deep sleep with their efficient grind.

Congrats to all the semifinalists, play on!

equilibri

Amazingly my "draw-orcz" is here in the semifinals, so when can you play, Bantha?

Some suggestions:

Wed 19:00-> (or maybe earlier around 12:00, cause I am busy between 16 and 18)
Thu 19:00->
Fri 19:00->
Sat 19:00->
Sun 19:00->

//Equilibri

hakos

Aha, so it was top 4 this time, not top 2.

Didn't know that, thought the last matches didn't mean anything since Bantha and Golden were already clear for top 2 some time ago...

So this was kind of a fun surprise...

Ok, Golden, in a semi-final anything can happen. The question is when it will happen. I'm still on vacation and can play pretty much anytime this week. Just let me know what suits you. Although I would prefer to get at least one day advance warning. Ah, come to think about it, saturday is not a good day for me.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on August 19, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

It was actually top 4 last season as well. Season 14 was top 2, since there were only 8 participants, and I think we agreed some time ago that 50% going to the playoffs is a bit much.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on August 19, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

It was actually top 4 last season as well. Season 14 was top 2, since there were only 8 participants, and I think we agreed some time ago that 50% going to the playoffs is a bit much.

Yes, you are completely right. And I should have known. Just went back and checked last season and realized my memory is very, very, bad. Or perhaps it is a freudian slip of memory? Cause, I found out that I was actually in the semi final last season, against no less than Golden's Lizards, and I lost. Suddenly my motivation to win this semi has become very high indeed...

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on August 19, 2014, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 19, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

Yes, you are completely right. And I should have known. Just went back and checked last season and realized my memory is very, very, bad. Or perhaps it is a freudian slip of memory? Cause, I found out that I was actually in the semi final last season, against no less than Golden's Lizards, and I lost. Suddenly my motivation to win this semi has become very high indeed...

/hakos

Haha  ;D

Well, good luck to all of you, I haven't seen the playoffs since playing The Partly Animals last myself..

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on August 19, 2014, 03:30:58 PM
Amazingly my "draw-orcz" is here in the semifinals, so when can you play, Bantha?

Some suggestions:

Wed 19:00-> (or maybe earlier around 12:00, cause I am busy between 16 and 18)
Thu 19:00->
Fri 19:00->8
Sat 19:00->
Sun 19:00->

//Equilibri
I think we can take the game on Thursday.. 21 cest would do the trick.
But you know the deal.. no more draws.

Cya!

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on August 20, 2014, 07:03:46 AM

Cya!

Thursday it is! See u at 21:00!

And, no, this time someone will win... :D

tags

Quote from: equilibri on August 20, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

Cya!

Looking forward to the 32-turn match report :P

Barmution

Good luck, guys! Make it a hooter ;D

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Didn't know that, thought the last matches didn't mean anything since Bantha and Golden were already clear for top 2 some time ago...

So this was kind of a fun surprise...

Ok, Golden, in a semi-final anything can happen. The question is when it will happen. I'm still on vacation and can play pretty much anytime this week. Just let me know what suits you. Although I would prefer to get at least one day advance warning. Ah, come to think about it, saturday is not a good day for me.

/hakos

I can't play this week at all. Best days are monday and wednesday night next week, does any of those suit you?

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 20, 2014, 03:10:56 PM
I can't play this week at all. Best days are monday and wednesday night next week, does any of those suit you?

Both monday and wednesday should work. Back at work, so I would be available from ~18 to ~21 on both monday and wednesday

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

Ok I prefer Wednesday I think. Start at 20.00?

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 21, 2014, 09:08:46 AM
Ok I prefer Wednesday I think. Start at 20.00?

Ok, let's go for wednesday, 27th at 20:00

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on August 20, 2014, 11:56:50 AM
Quote from: equilibri on August 20, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

Cya!

Looking forward to the 32-turn match report :P
Yes, Yawn.. preparing for this.. I'm ready and waiting.. 30 min ahead of schedule but... who knows.. facing the Draw-Team soo..

:P