S16 - SEMI-FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, August 19, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

***This is the words of an orc shaman from Da Freeboooterz staff heard in the "Church of Nuffle" a couple of days before the semifinal.***

"O, da majty Nuffle god! U r not as majty as Gork or as clevva as Mork, but u r da 'ighest among da ball-godz, so 'ear my praya!
Me and da boyz made it to da semis! Now we gotta win!
We meet da undead of da sand, so pleze make dem drop da ball!
Dey r 'ard and strong, so pleze give uz luck in da punchez!
Dey will surround uz, so pleze make uz like da pointy earz so we can get looze!
Cauze we r da orz! We r da Freeboooterz! WAAAAAGGHH!!!"

And then the matchday came...

Well, what to say...
This game was one of the most insane games I have ever played!
Despite the guard and the ST5 in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" the orcs got loose and managed to control the game with crazy 2-die blocks against, and dodges with trolls!
First half the orcs had the ball, and the undead defended nice against it, but nothing else happened.
Bad positioning from the orcs made it easy for DDG to just wait it out and take control of the ball when they got the chance...
If it wasn't for a dodge/blitz (in to a tacklezone) from the troll (yes, it took a reroll... :D) it might have been 1-0 to DDG in the first half.
But Nuffle heard the prayers...

Second half was even crazier!
DDG dropped the ball more times than a blind Halfling, so Da Freeboooterz got chance after chance to pick it up and finally they got it (after some lucky bounces) to a blitzer that could start running. But only 3 turns left...
First a skeleton (with Dirty Player) tried to block his path... The blitzer took the blitz (1-die) and sent the skeleton to the CAS-booth, which let him run further...
Then, with excellent pushing, DDG got a Blitz-Ra to block his path, but that didn't matter... One more 1-die blitz (POW) and the TD was done!

The orcs went in to this game with the thought of just having fun and play crazy! And that paid off!

So, still undefeated, I give you team number one to the finals:

DA FREEBOOOTERZ!!!

Waaagghh da orcz!

Mr B

hehe, Gratz man.
A total crazy game.

So playing save was not the motto here, securing a 3d block with the TG without Block kicked back as I needed a GFI for this.
And of course it was a 1 RR 1.
As that was not it, the 1D was crazy form the Orcs, and -2d did not fail once, was several made especially first half.

But the bad thing was of course the we failed to pick up the ball, 1 4+ in 8 attempts was really paying the price.
Atop on that I do not think there was one bounce that went in a safe direction.. "out to the Orcs" was the name of it.

Anyhow, We manged to get the ball was more or less selecting which rout was the safest. Orcs manged dodging like elfs so I did not want the Str4 thrower get a shot on my ball handler despite blodge, so yes Troll could blitz but that's better comparing str 4 thrower.
So, of course troll's working and gets a pow, no big deal.. just was so hard to get it up.
But the Orc blitzer gets the ball burning the last RR, soo slippery this game it was insane.
And the rest was described above.

It was an Orcy evening, the last blitz summarized it.
Rookie Lino (no skills), -2d blitz a skeleton pow/!Pow, armour 9, injury 11... Congratz!
End of story!

GG, Good luck now in the Final!

Otherwise I'm not unhappy with my performance this game, it was a great deal of fun.
So alarming when you almost feel the slippery ball out there.

Cheers!
/B

hakos

wow, sounds like a really crazy match. Just as a play-off should be.

And I'm impressed by the orc ability to never lose...

Congratulations to the final Equilibri, you have worked hard to get there.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on August 22, 2014, 09:45:20 AM
wow, sounds like a really crazy match. Just as a play-off should be.

And I'm impressed by the orc ability to never lose...

Congratulations to the final Equilibri, you have worked hard to get there.

/hakos
Indeed worth watching!

The Golden Arrow

So time for another final with the lizards :)

It was a really intense first half with Hakos being a gfi away from scoring on turn 2 but falling on the finish line allowing my skinks to grab the ball and run it all the way to the other side. That left him with three turns to score. I got a blitz however and boxes in his push and put pressure on the ball. He managed to get the ball and cage up with lots of players at the left side. With some (in my mind) ingenious blocking and chain pushing I managed to knock his ballcarrier out into the crowd (without blocking him a single time) and the ball bounched out to my skinks. I caged it up a bit and then made a run for it just managing to get the ball in on the last turn of the half (ag 4 skinks are just wrong).

The second half was kinda slow with me playing cautiously (after first turn were he managed to blitz my ballcarrier with his leap blitzer, blodge was good though and the skink stayed up) and him taking a few risks that didn't pay off letting me score. He then had horrible dice stopping him from getting a TD in at the end.

Thanks for the game Hakos, you were a great opponent!

hakos

Good report Golden, captures everything.

Good luck in the finals

/hakos